Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Sorceress

You can stop drawing these beautiful figures that will NEVER exist anytime now...

sweet drawing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUst amazing version of her!!! I'd buy this in a heartbeat!! Too bad she will look nothing like her when Mattel gets around to producing her.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Bring her on!
    Yes and use Orko as a pack in figure

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    JUst amazing version of her!!! I'd buy this in a heartbeat!! Too bad she will look nothing like her when Mattel gets around to producing her.
    Well, I woulnd't be too worried.
    MOTUC are totally in the 4H hands, with Mattel playing little interference for once.
    And I trust the 4 fellas 100%

Another great idea, Emiliano! Waiting for new visions from you is becoming as exciting as waiting for the upcoming MOTUC figures. What about a Queen Marlena vision? Thank you so much for sharing your drawings with us!

Heroic Master of Avatars! Bilboynnc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Well, I woulnd't be too worried.
    MOTUC are totally in the 4H hands, with Mattel playing little interference for once.
    And I trust the 4 fellas 100%
    I HOWEVER DO NOT! look what happened to her the last time with the 4H!
    By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilboynnc View Post
    I HOWEVER DO NOT! look what happened to her the last time with the 4H!
    But this is not the 2002 line
    I know the 4H know exactly what to do with her for MOTUC

I think this is your BEST one yet!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Emiliano you are super talented!!! This is beautiful. Mattel needs to get on board and hire you to help out with this line. Maybe we could all ask Toyguru to view these designs and send them to the Horsemen. We should petition it!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Brilliant!! She looks perfect!
    That's how the figure should look. I hope they follow this path.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Emiliano you are super talented!!! This is beautiful. Mattel needs to get on board and hire you to help out with this line. Maybe we could all ask Toyguru to view these designs and send them to the Horsemen. We should petition it!!!
    Toyguru saw some of this designs way before the MOTUC line was launched.
    You all know the response: if I want to work on the line, I need to apply for a job at Mattel.com (too bad there are no jobs available...) and move to LA.
    He said that many times, you will never get a different response.

Weirdly enough, I showed these (and others) design to Hasbro and a few months later I was hired as a freelance and I've been doing toy designs work on their boys brands since then (from my home town in Italy, of course)
    So, MOTU got me a job at Hasbro, while it pushed me away from Mattel

About the 4H, we used to share the designs all the time, just for the fun of it, or to point out what fans were looking for.
    But the 4H know what to do and I trust their vision 100%

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    So, MOTU got me a job at Hasbro, while it pushed me away from Mattel
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Yet another clear-cut example, in an ever-growing list, of Mattel's detatchment from it's product, and it's supporters. I'm sure Hasbro is eternally grateful to Mattel. I'm also sure this is NOT the first time something like this has happened.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

Nice work once again mate!
    And its good to hear one toy company benefiting from your vision...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

It really is Mattel's loss as anyone can see that Emiliano's passion is MOTU & POP, & I assume that's probably what he would rather be working on? But hopefully the 4H have seen all of these designs already. When looking at Emiliano's Hordak design (back when MOTUC was announced) he had the longer 2K loin cloth. Then this feb at NYCC when Mattel showed the pictures of the 4H's Hordak prototype he also had a very similar loin cloth (which to my eyes made the figure look very close to Emiliano's design). So yes I think the 4H know exactly what they are doing and are open to influance from Emiliano's work.

But later on in the presentation at NYCC Toyguru showed the MOTUC Hordak figure with a different loin cloth moving the likeness away from Emiliano's design. I am pumped to get Hordak but the version the 4H put out at the prototype stage (with the 2K loin cloth) looked even more amazing.

I hope the reasion it was changed was because of tooling dollar issues and the possibility of a true 2K inspired Hordak being released later down the line, rather than removing the likeness the horsemen had worked into the figure that made it similar to Emiliano's design: where the figure was a real belnd of both the classic and 2K Hordak. Hopefully the 4H will continue to reference Emiliano's work (where they feel they want to) because he does have his fingure on the pulse of what the majority of fans want to see (IMO).

I think we could easily be getting a Sorceress very similar to this. The design of the classic Sorceress in the mini comics and in the Filmation cartoon was basically the same. Therefore Mattel should be free to allow the 4H to use that likeness. The question is will they, or will they ask for changes like they did with MOTUC Hordak, to make the figure closer to the classic toy? Hopefully she will not come with the ugly head sculpt from the 80's toy, (even amazingly updated) she needs to have the Mini comic / Filmation head dress, it's just to iconic to leave out (IMO).
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 25, 2009 at 08:53am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Well, let me clear up something.
    I don't think Hordak design was influenced at all by mine, neither I think anything was changed to make it different from mine (I honestly don't think Mattel would go that far)
    But there is always been a major misunderstanding about that Hordak drawing: I never wanted to portray something I wanted to see in MOTUC. I totally love and prefer the Hordak we're getting.

The orginal drawing for that Hordak was done a lot of time before MOTUC debuted, and it was modified for that thread to show people what the possible blend of more 2002 elements could be in this new line.
    But I want to stress it again: it wasn't my vision of Hordak and I never tried to get anyone influenced.

That's why I'm modifying my old art for this series of threads: I don't want any misunderstanding and I want them to be pure MOTUC.
    That's why I won't probably post that Hordak again, people would get confused again.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    MOTU got me a job at Hasbro, while it pushed me away from Mattel
    Interesting.

I love this Sorceress design! It's hard to image how one could improve on that really! She ticks all the boxes!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Your solution for her wings/feathers is very interesting! Would you envision those parts to be made of solid plastic?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    It really is Mattel's loss as anyone can see that Emiliano's passion is MOTU & POP, & I assume that's probably what he would rather be working on? But hopefully the 4H have seen all of these designs already. When looking at Emiliano's Hordak design (back when MOTUC was announced) he had the longer 2K loin cloth. Then this feb at NYCC when Mattel showed the pictures of the 4H's Hordak prototype he also had a very similar loin cloth (which to my eyes made the figure look very close to Emiliano's design). So yes I think the 4H know exactly what they are doing and are open to influance from Emiliano's work.
    But I want to stress it again: it wasn't my vision of Hordak and I never tried to get anyone influenced.
    Sorry Emiliano, my post reads wrong here, when I said "I think the 4H are open to influance from your work" I meant if the 4H's like elements of your designs (that you created for you own pleasure) they may choose to work similar elements into their designs, perticularly if these is a positive fan responce to your work (which there almost always is). I didn't mean for one minuite to suggest that you were directly trying to influance the 4H with any designs you have put out there, that wasn't what I was trying to say.

I think that 4H may be liking a lot of the designs you create. This is why I referenced the 2K loin cloth on the example MOTUC Hordak image you posted last year (to give fans an idea of what the figures could look like), and then how a very similar loin cloth appeared on the 4H's prototype MOTUC Hordak shown in the NYCC power point presentation this year. I know the respect you have for the horsemen and would never mean imply that you were trying to directly influance them, but rather that they like your ideas, be they examples for fans (like the Hordak design in question) or your personal vision of the MOTUC characters. I'm sorry for not making my post clearer!
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 25, 2009 at 10:33am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of Avatars! Bilboynnc's Avatar
    But this is not the 2002 line
    I know the 4H know exactly what to do with her for MOTUC
    (about 2002)
    For me there are things that can't be changed completely about motu. I'm all for up dating, However the look of the Sorceress and the Filmation power sword are two things that Shattered the 2002 redux for me. I guess I'll never forget or forgive that. This is amazing though. You really do have the heart of a fan boy and gift to express it. Complete Envy here. I think the one set of feathers should be attached to the back instead of the head. Just looks odd if its attached to the head.
    By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    WOW another Great Work Emiliano , your Art and work always Blow me away

I Want her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! I want it!
    RIP Andy Conrad.