Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Sorceress

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    She looks great, Emil!

Where's her flight stand?

She looks great, Emiliano! I don't know how easy that would be to make for the wings (I trust you to know better than me), but it'd be swell to get a Sorceress like this! I like how you've hidden that terrible collar under her headdress. That's one thing in the original figure that I never thought looked good.

I honestly loved the 200X Sorceress as well, it was Grayskull that didn't look right to me (mostly in the cartoon). But I'm not against the return to the classic outfit and colors (and if I were, I'd be a sad chap cause I'm thinking she's sure to be made that way).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    She looks great, Emiliano! I don't know how easy that would be to make for the wings (I trust you to know better than me), but it'd be swell to get a Sorceress like this! I like how you've hidden that terrible collar under her headdress. That's one thing in the original figure that I never thought looked good.
    Eric Treadaway thought the wings concept should work, myabe he would need to add just some sort of hooks that pull the various pieces when they extend.

I honestly loved the 200X Sorceress as well, it was Grayskull that didn't look right to me (mostly in the cartoon).
    Grayskull is really sad both in the cartoon and the toys. The play values and the designs alone of the original playset are still one of the best achivement in toys.

You know, you jsut suggested me a real challenge... illustrate a new Graykull.... who know, maybe one day I will find time to do it!

Sorceress as she should be.

Sorry Gbagok, but the entire 200X sorceress and Grayskull set should be flushed IMO. She's Isis and blatantly so. I still can't figure out why they went the Egyptian route when they had such great source material to work with.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

I agree, Cheshire Moon. I know that 4HM had inspiration in the image of the Green Goddess, who in certain way reminds an egyptian figure, to conceive the Sorceress 200X, but I donít think that the result has gotten the effort. The Sorceress 200X was excessively loaded of details, far away from the simple and enigmatic image that the classic version suggests.

With the Castle the same thing happened. In the animation as much in the toys, it did not remember the classic fortress of mystery and power. Everything seems very obvious and improper in 200X (a medieval environment with an Egyptian pyramid in its interior), very different from the psicodelic scenes, surreal and more interesting shown in FILMATION version. In the toys, the disparity and the disillusionment had been even bigger with that rectilinear playset, without the depth and the appearance of abandoned castle in ruins that the classic version represented so well.

I also hated the extreme repetition of the asterisk/cross in the He-Manís accessories and, specially, in the castle 200X. IMO, the 4HM didnít have the same designersí imagination weíve seen in the classic versionís cards and sticks. So, Emiliano, I trust 100% in your vision for a future castle. Hope you get time for that!

Brassy Baroness
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    I haven't been buying the MOTUC, but I'd buy this one for sure!
    Could not say it better myself.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Coridite View Post
    I also hated the extreme repetition of the asterisk/cross in the He-Manís accessories and, specially, in the castle 200X. IMO, the 4HM didnít have the same designersí imagination weíve seen in the classic versionís cards and sticks.
    The castle as well as the asterisk were Mattel creations. Mattel's inhouse team designed the Castle Grayskull playset, and Mattel wanted He-Man to sport a new symbol because they felt uncomfortable with the cross.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    SoMeone needs to read this!
    Yeah, those Mattel cuckoos! I reaaaaaaaaaaaally don't know why they does not hire Emi! I mean, he is genious!!!

OH WOW!!!

Emiliano, that is beautiful... she looks wonderful!

I think your wing desingn would work fine. It might be useful to incorporate some sort of ball & socket thing in the joint connecting all the wing pieces, instead of just the post... but if they make the wings a softer plastic, then they wouldn't need to do that, and the wings could be exactly how you've designed them... because they would bend forwards and backwards.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

sweeet!!!!!!! love the artwork
    Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

Seriously, thats beauty right there
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I love that!

I really hope Mattel makes the Sorceress like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Sorceress as she should be.

Sorry Gbagok, but the entire 200X sorceress and Grayskull set should be flushed IMO. She's Isis and blatantly so. I still can't figure out why they went the Egyptian route when they had such great source material to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coridite View Post
    I agree, Cheshire Moon. I know that 4HM had inspiration in the image of the Green Goddess, who in certain way reminds an egyptian figure, to conceive the Sorceress 200X, but I don’t think that the result has gotten the effort.

You guys do know that the Horsemen actually designed the 200x Sorceress to sport the classic colors like the exclusive version did right? The whole Egyptian color scheme was given later on. I'm not sure why though. I thought it was because of MyP..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

If the Sorceress is made even remotely like this I will be happy! Also happy that we'll finally get her as a figure again.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Fantastic Sorceress!!! Emiliano is a genious!
    Last edited by Emiliano; June 18, 2009 at 04:53pm. Reason: spelling :-D

I really, really, REALLY like the way the wings are treated in this version. Very smart and it'd look fantastic. I'd also love if the colors faded into each other this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    You know, you jsut suggested me a real challenge... illustrate a new Graykull.... who know, maybe one day I will find time to do it!
    YES! YES! YES! Oh, you KNOW we all want this! God willing, you'll have the time without having to give up on essentials (family, work, sanity, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You guys do know that the Horsemen actually designed the 200x Sorceress to sport the classic colors like the exclusive version did right? The whole Egyptian color scheme was given later on. I'm not sure why though. I thought it was because of MyP..
    I think Ian Richter or somebody at MYP said they only got the black and white sketches of characters, so I guess they just didn't know or understand what colors were correct and for whatever reason no one corrected them (or the new colors were approved instead over any objections). Unfortunately I remember the comments when the correct color scheme came out revealed that it didn't improve the design any for those who didn't like it or felt it too Egyptian. But I still think she was more acceptable than the castle's boring "upgrade."

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Grayskull is really sad both in the cartoon and the toys. The play values and the designs alone of the original playset are still one of the best achivement in toys.

You know, you just suggested me a real challenge... illustrate a new Grayskull.... who knows, maybe one day I will find time to do it!
    Oh yes, please do so if you get the chance (I imagine it would be a lot more work to design a playset than a figure). I agree with gbagok, we'd love to see your take on the toy Castle Grayskull.

emillio you are a genius i am happy you are a he-man fan...brotha you have been a slice of motu heaven, since homecoming.I still would like to see what you wanted to do next w/ that. thank you for everything and brotha please don't stop with your ideas......you and val and others like yourselves are what keeps the line alive ...please don't ever stop dreaming of new ideas MOTU.keep the the faith and good journey

He-Ron

I AGREE Mattel should HIRE YOU!!!!!!

Full time!!!!!!!

***Please no back to back posts***
    Please take some time to read our forum rules.

i do not have words! :O :O :O :O :O

AMAZING! Your art truly is the best, man! I REALLY wanted a Sorceress figure before, but now I'm afraid that EVERY time they announce the next figure I'll be disappointed until it's her! And there are some I REALLY am excited for like Prince Adam, Trap Jaw, She-Ra, Adora and Scare Glow, but they ALL just got bumped down a notch!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Oh Wow - I've only posted here a few times and generally stick to the MOTUC section, but you are so amazingly talented (you alread know this). I saw some of your work (for Catra and Shadow Weaver) and they are AMAZING!!

If Mattel did actually have their act together half the time - they should be hiring you - or you should be the 5th Horseman (like Ginger is the 5th Spice Girl)....I'm serious - I am so inspired now....I've only just ordered Teela (somehow guys don't do it for me - but only in toy world haha) but I will SO buy anything if they design it like you have.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Why haven't I seen this before now?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

This is beautiful! It makes me want the Sorceress so much more. I hope the 4H creation (if there is one) will be on this line of quality.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899