Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Hordak Reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    I find it amusing that Mattel can't find a figure with good paint aps to send out to be reviewed. It makes me feel a little better about the sloppy paint on the figures I own.
    His paint is supposed to look weathered, I think that's the intention... he looks perfect.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    His paint is supposed to look weathered, I think that's the intention... he looks perfect.

Oh so the red paint from his bat symbol is suppose to be applied so that it bleeds off the symbol on to his black armor? No, that isn't "weathered." That is someone not coloring between the lines.

Some great pics there!
    I'm really torn between getting two Hordaks one to keep MIB like I did wit Skeletor & He-man. He is rather special!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I was undecided for a while- but Hordak may be the first figure that I pass on- and I really do hope that the half-armor execution is approached differently for future figures (even though it has been stated otherwise by the powers that be). I could understand the half-armor more if the armor were hard like the vintage figures- but with it being soft plastic- why couldn't it have extended to the waist, with enough room left over for articulation? There probably wouldn't be the full range of motion/ but I would imagine that it wouldn't hinder poses much at all *And am not saying this in a mean way- just voicing dislike about a design choice in an earthy way/ and is only an opinion*

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I was undecided for a while- but Hordak may be the first figure that I pass on- and I really do hope that the half-armor execution is approached differently for future figures (even though it has been stated otherwise by the powers that be). I could understand the half-armor more if the armor were hard like the vintage figures- but with it being soft plastic- why couldn't it have extended to the waist, with enough room left over for articulation? There probably wouldn't be the full range of motion/ but I would imagine that it wouldn't hinder poses much at all *And am not saying this in a mean way- just voicing dislike about a design choice in an earthy way/ and is only an opinion*

River you can't pass on Hordak,its Hordak and who will lead the evil HORDE?I am sure the half armor will grow on you.

Yeah man, it's a bit severe saying you won't buy him because of such a small thing!
    I think you'll come to regret if you don't buy him!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post

I'm not seeing any problems with the "half armor" sorry. not an issue at all.
    I Don't have a problem with it either. I think it looks great.

I never even noticed the armor "issue" until people started complaining, and even then I still don't understand what the problem is.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    At first the armor bugged me alot.But all I saw were proto pics,but it grew on me,I liked it.Now that I see close up pics of it,I dont like it again.Some abs should've been sculpted instead of it being smoothed out to look like an armor extention.And it should've been a gray torso,not a black one.I still like this figure,and I'll prolly get 10 of them,but it could've been alot better of a figure had these small changes been done.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    That looks bad-ass. A must-buy indeed.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I never even noticed the armor "issue" until people started complaining, and even then I still don't understand what the problem is.
    People are used to Hordak, Fisto, Jitsu and others having armor down from their neck to their underwear. Since MOTUC has an ab joint now, I imagine that Mattel must have made the traditional full torso armor a half torso armor, which doesn't sit well with some fans.

Others don't like the featureless abs when Hordak is in costume, preferring Mattel to paint the He-Man torso black.

I imagine they might decide that some MOTU characters just won't be able to use the ab joint unless you take their armor off.

Or just make completely new armored torsos with the ab joint instead of using the He-Man torso...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hordak is the best looking figure so far in the line.
    The armor looks great. The figure even looks great with the armor removed.
    I see it as he has a shirt on under is armor.
    I find it disturbing anyone would complain about this figure,
    and I hope any complaints about this armor don't force the horsemen to change their ideas.
    I'm sure they looked into different ways to go about the armor and decided this was the best route.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it was a very interesting that the chose to make the cape removable with the collar and it gives Hordak a really sinister look without it. Also, I think the whole chest area painted black to match the ab-less looks pretty good. In fact, I think they should have painted a Horde bay symbol on his chest. That way, he can sort of achieve the look of his 200X outfit since the cape is attach to the collar and you can discard the half armor if it's really an issue. Problem solved. :-D

Doesn`t get any better than that!!

Absolutely amazing. Best figure yet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Absolutely amazing. Best figure yet IMO.
    You are correct Sir, I have a feeling that Hordak and the Horde will have nothing to with Pop, rather they are the preternian advasaries to King Grayskull and The Snakemen, I like that the Horde has been put back into MOTU and taken away from PoP. I`m guessing because Filmation wrote the Horde into Pop for the cartoon series originally. PoP will be based on the original figures, so don`t expect much in the way of Bad Guys or Girls if you perfer

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    You are correct Sir, I have a feeling that Hordak and the Horde will have nothing to with Pop, rather they are the preternian advasaries to King Grayskull and The Snakemen, I like that the Horde has been put back into MOTU and taken away from PoP. I`m guessing because Filmation wrote the Horde into Pop for the cartoon series originally. PoP will be based on the original figures, so don`t expect much in the way of Bad Guys or Girls if you perfer
    I don't really want to start a big thread about Pop / Motu and the horde (beent here done that lol) but i have to say I would be really miffed if Mattel was to remove the Horde from She-ra, just as I think people would be mad at Mattel if they wrote Skeletor out of the picture. Each hero needs an arch nemesis. And just as He-man has Skeletor, She-ra has Hordak!!! That's how the story goes, no matter what might have been originally planned.

The good thing is, they are just toys, so I guess everyone can go with whatever Mythos they have established on their own toyshelf

I'm certainly not going to call Hordak 'Hek-tor' in my mythos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I have to concur with my compatriots who vouch for the armor issue being of no importance to them. I have no qualm with how it has been addressed and am quite pleased with the results!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Man, he looks awesome! I'm glad the hood/cape is a removeable item; it's really cool to see just a regular 'ol Hordak head. For the longest time I thought that whole thing was his head! Anyhow, it'll be cool to have the display options.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Love the new Hordak. No complaints on anything. Can't wait till he becomes available!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Hordak looks awesome!

Some of the earlier pics from a distance, coupled with the "pudgier" nature of the MOTUC style didn't convince me he was that evil-looking, especially compared to the Bust/Staction.

But seeing more close-up pics, he's definitely looking pretty wicked, the better look at his eyes really seals the deal on that one.

Can't wait to get him!!!

Impressive!!

Just when I thought that I couldn't get any more excited about Hordak...

I wonder why we (.org) haven't gotten the Hordak sample yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I wonder why we (.org) haven't gotten the Hordak sample yet?
    I'm sure it'll be here within the next week or so

HORDAK IN HORDE TROOPER ARMOR POSSIBLE!!

Hey, Horsemen! Thank you for making the hood a separate part of Hordak's head! That means we can put HIS head on a Horde Trooper's head (Assuming they will be removeable too), and create the early Hordak-Trooper from "The Secret of the Sword"

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Same here, and I saw the prototype in person at NYCC... didn't bother me at all - I was WAY too excited and amazed by how great the figure looked.

I do realize that people have different tastes, and appreciate different things, but I would never have thought about it (I don't think lol), had no one complained.

It could be worse, we could just not have this line at all

Quote Originally Posted by adam03
    I have a feeling that Hordak and the Horde will have nothing to with Pop, rather they are the preternian advasaries to King Grayskull and The Snakemen, I like that the Horde has been put back into MOTU and taken away from PoP. I`m guessing because Filmation wrote the Horde into Pop for the cartoon series originally. PoP will be based on the original figures, so don`t expect much in the way of Bad Guys or Girls if you perfer
    What gives you that feeling? The Horde has not been "taken away from POP" -- nor has there been any indication that Mattel is going in that direction. The Horde had plenty to do with the stories for She-Ra...

In the POP mini-comics: Adora is kidnapped by Hordak; Horde Troopers appear in different scenarios; and The Horde is mentioned in many stories (after series 1). In the MOTU mini-comics, it is stated a few times that Hordak and the Horde live on ETHERIA.

MOTUC is based on the vintage line, the 200X line, the NA, and POP, as well as any other media that Mattel owns the rights to. The vintage POP line had many references to the Horde. The 200X She-Ra exclusive's bio followed the plot of the POP mini-comic "The Story of She-Ra" as well as the Filmation movie, "The Secret of the Sword."

And it is probably foolish to think that Mattel was not INTIMATELY involved with the development of Filmation's scripts for the MOTU and POP cartoons, movies, and advertisements. They had final approval on all of that.
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 24, 2009 at 11:59pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.