Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Hordak Reviews!

Man oh man! He looks amazing! I love that his head and collar are separate and it's a cool way to secure his cape to his body too (unlike the old figure.) Love that he gets tons of accessories as well.

I have ZERO problem with his armor. I think sometimes people are just a little literal. It doesn't really effect his overall look at all.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I have ZERO problem with his armor. I think sometimes people are just a little literal. It doesn't really effect his overall look at all.
    i Couldnt have put it better myself! He is perfect! (and hes my laest anticipated figure this year, Very impressed!)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Man this review was awesome! Hordak is so freaking cool.
    I love how they kept the head as a separate piece.
    Perfect figure.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Hey what a great review with so many pics! Hordak is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    River you can't pass on Hordak,its Hordak and who will lead the evil HORDE?I am sure the half armor will grow on you.
    I know, I know! lol- I feel like the village outcast- . I was going to get him and customize him, but the soft plastic threw a wrench into what I had in mind- "Arrrggh!" As Charlie Brown would say (falling flat on his back as Lucy pulls the football away).

Including Hordak, there are nine figs released thus far though, and this is the first one that I haven't been keen on- so for the most part, I have been very pleased with what Mattel and the Horsemen have released. It just got to the point with Hordak where it would take more time, energy, and money to customize him/ get him to where I personally want him, than I could justifiably muster- and they are already $30 a pop- so I just couldn't justify it. But, again, I think the line as a whole is awesome, and there is bound to be a figure along the way that each individual person isn't going to be crazy about- unfortunately for me, it was Hordak *sigh.* I do love the character however (and the Horsemen's work ).

Wow! I cant wait to get this fig, it looks great... and yeah, I think the 15th is gonna be manic!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I looked at the pics of Hordak from the last Con for many weeks now and looking at these pictures from Swoosh it looks like they made his face more orange now.

Please PLEASE say itīs just the lighting on the pictures and I have nothing to worry about.
    Itīs way too orange, it has to be more of a broken white, like the original figure.

I donīt like a Hordak with an orange head Mattel!

Is it just me or have you noticed it too? Anyone?
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; May 25, 2009 at 07:05am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by donsegar View Post
    Hordak is the "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde". Evil is incorrect.
    no, Hordak WAS the "Ruthless" leader, he's now the "Evil" leader.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    no, Hordak WAS the "Ruthless" leader, he's now the "Evil" leader.
    Hordak was and still is "Ruthless Leader". The "Evil Leader" you see on his package should have been "Ruthless Leader" and it will be so in the future releases. See quote below:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Will Hordak's title be changed to its classic "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" rather than "Evil Leader" due to the redundant use of the word evil?
    This was actually a legitimate error. It should have been “Ruthless” and we will change that on future cross sell and any reissues going forward.
    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Great review!! Love the detailed pics!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    You are correct Sir, I have a feeling that Hordak and the Horde will have nothing to with Pop, rather they are the preternian advasaries to King Grayskull and The Snakemen, I like that the Horde has been put back into MOTU and taken away from PoP. I`m guessing because Filmation wrote the Horde into Pop for the cartoon series originally. PoP will be based on the original figures, so don`t expect much in the way of Bad Guys or Girls if you perfer
    It's not so much that the Horde is being taken from POP, but that POP is joining with MOTU. MOTUC is supposed to tie all the brands together.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I'm sure it'll be here within the next week or so
    Hoping so! He hasn't shown up for us yet.

Hopefully he'll be here tomorrow. And as soon as I have him, I'll get the video review all ready for the front page.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Oh so the red paint from his bat symbol is suppose to be applied so that it bleeds off the symbol on to his black armor? No, that isn't "weathered." That is someone not coloring between the lines.
    Yeah, you're right! Somebody should stand at the end of the assembly line and spend 15 minutes going over each figure with a magnifying glass, and if a 1/16 of an inch paint flaw is found, they chuck the figure in the trash, and beat the person that painted it with a stick.

Of course, this type of intense quality control will raise the price of each figure to $478.00, since only one out of every 200 or so will be considered acceptable.

Here is another review with great pictures from Hordak

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009...rdak#more-1047

wow!!!
    Those are some great pics!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    They mucked up his armor. I still don't understand why articulation is so important for an adult collectors line. But overall it's a nice figure.
    Articulation IS important. That's how you can pose your figures!

Heroic Warrior
    Just like everyobody here, I'm thrilled and excited to get Hordak !

He looks incredible ! A very impressive figure !

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Wow! I cant wait to get this fig, it looks great... and yeah, I think the 15th is gonna be manic!
    Hordak is gonna make so many people despondent.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Despondent . . . Despondos . . .

Hmm . . .

Saw this the other day…man what a great figure!! I can't wait!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hordak looks sweet. I can't wait to get him...MOTUC is getting better everyday. I just hope we get Marzo eventually.

I think he looks great.

Still perplexed that he is being released this early in the lineup. Would've expected some others before him but oh well.

... still think the armor is weird also.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What gives you that feeling? The Horde has not been "taken away from POP" -- nor has there been any indication that Mattel is going in that direction. The Horde had plenty to do with the stories for She-Ra...

In the POP mini-comics: Adora is kidnapped by Hordak; Horde Troopers appear in different scenarios; and The Horde is mentioned in many stories (after series 1). In the MOTU mini-comics, it is stated a few times that Hordak and the Horde live on ETHERIA.

MOTUC is based on the vintage line, the 200X line, the NA, and POP, as well as any other media that Mattel owns the rights to. The vintage POP line had many references to the Horde. The 200X She-Ra exclusive's bio followed the plot of the POP mini-comic "The Story of She-Ra" as well as the Filmation movie, "The Secret of the Sword."

And it is probably foolish to think that Mattel was not INTIMATELY involved with the development of Filmation's scripts for the MOTU and POP cartoons, movies, and advertisements. They had final approval on all of that.

All True.

However, 200x/MYP got rid of the Etheria/horde connection. Even on Hordak's bio it says he's trapped in Despondos and has been trying to get back since King Grayskulls time. Doesn't really leave room for baby stealing.

Personally for just that reason, I really hate the Despondos angle. Seems poorly thought out. Heck if they bring back the 'mystic wall' concept than even skeletor wasn't around for baby stealing....

I'll be very interested to see how they tie She-ra in, but just on what we have in front of us, They'll have to do some fancy writing to tie in the Horde.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ok gang, He-Man.org's Hordak finally showed up, and I've got pictures for ya!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=282

I'm working on the video review now, and will get it to Val as soon as it's finished!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Awesome photos! I like the new feet. Are those all new? The paint does look a bit splotchy in places but overall I'm still very happy with it.