Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Hordak Reviews!

Great shots, Dan! I can't wait to see another of your wicked vids!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Ok gang, He-Man.org's Hordak finally showed up, and I've got pictures for ya!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=282

I'm working on the video review now, and will get it to Val as soon as it's finished!
    How soft is the loincloth? Could he sit down?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Hordak was and still is "Ruthless Leader". The "Evil Leader" you see on his package should have been "Ruthless Leader" and it will be so in the future releases. See quote below:

- Joni -
    he's also now the "Evil Leader".

mistake or no, it is what it is.

and three places on the card hardly convinces me that it's a mistake.

Er, it was a mistake. Just because it happens three times doesn't mean it's less of a mistake. They just called him the wrong thing. Obviously they INTENDED to call him that until they realized it was wrong in comparison to past releases. But that's still a mistake.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    How soft is the loincloth? Could he sit down?
    His loincloth is as soft as the more recent figures...MUCH softer that Grayskull's. So he should have a better time sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes
    I like the new feet. Are those all new?
    Yep! These feet are completely new! They are three toed like Skeletor's, but have an armored look to them.

The video review is finished, and has been sent to Val! It should go up on the front page soon!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    His loincloth is as soft as the more recent figures...MUCH softer that Grayskull's. So he should have a better time sitting.

Yep! These feet are completely new! They are three toed like Skeletor's, but have an armored look to them.

The video review is finished, and has been sent to Val! It should go up on the front page soon!
    Just checked the video from your web site. Awesome video. Honestly, as great as the 200X Staction is in sculpt and detail, I really think MOTUC Hordak stands well beside him and in some ways, the MOTUC figures looks more "intimidating than the Staction. Maybe becaus of the "chunkiness" of the action figure . I wish you took some pics with his armor off but left his collar/cape on so we could see what it looks like for those (not me) who hate the half-armor. Oh well, maybe next time. Come on June 15th, hurry up!!!

Wicked review Dan, for a moment I thought you forgot to do the comparison as you do that part always before showing poses haha.

Those feet should go on Stinkor! They look a lot like the Staction.
    The Top boot parts are great for Grizzler. I think we will see him soon too.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; May 27, 2009 at 06:28am.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    All True.

However, 200x/MYP got rid of the Etheria/horde connection. Even on Hordak's bio it says he's trapped in Despondos and has been trying to get back since King Grayskulls time. Doesn't really leave room for baby stealing.

Personally for just that reason, I really hate the Despondos angle. Seems poorly thought out. Heck if they bring back the 'mystic wall' concept than even skeletor wasn't around for baby stealing....

I'll be very interested to see how they tie She-ra in, but just on what we have in front of us, They'll have to do some fancy writing to tie in the Horde.
    If you think about it, the whole King Grayskull storyline happened centuries before Adora was born... So the Despondos idea isn't really a problem. Skeletor probably frees Hordak from Despondos, they have a go at invading Eternia but Skeletor betrays Hordak. Miffed, he buggers off to another planet where the Horde is a little stronger... Etheria! And before he leaves Eternia, he kidnaps Adora and everyone's happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Great stuff Pixel Dan!

Tis weird, for some reason his teeth seem very dark on your one! Or is that just me?!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

great review as usual pixel dan, thank you very much

this figure is really awesome!

Good work as usual Pixel Dan, thank you!

The biggest problem with the Hordak is the fact that we have to still wait almost three weeks to order him. I want him now!

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    If you think about it, the whole King Grayskull storyline happened centuries before Adora was born... So the Despondos idea isn't really a problem. Skeletor probably frees Hordak from Despondos, they have a go at invading Eternia but Skeletor betrays Hordak. Miffed, he buggers off to another planet where the Horde is a little stronger... Etheria! And before he leaves Eternia, he kidnaps Adora and everyone's happy

It's like nobody watched the MYP cartoon. I'm not saying they can't/won't find a way to link Adora/She-Ra to the Horde, but it won't by the way we remember in the 80's since Hordak is stuck in Despondos and Skeletor & co are on the other side of the Mystic Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    It's like nobody watched the MYP cartoon. I'm not saying they can't/won't find a way to link Adora/She-Ra to the Horde, but it won't by the way we remember in the 80's since Hordak is stuck in Despondos and Skeletor & co are on the other side of the Mystic Wall.
    If you haven't read Val and Emiliano's Toyfare interview, they had some cool ideas for their 200X comic on ways of getting around that problem, while staying true to her Filmation origin. Hopefully Mattel will do something similar.

Thanks for the kind words on the review, everyone. I'm really glad you like it.

Hordak is a seriously cool figure. You guys are going to love him!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Great video review Pixel.
    Thanks.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

wow, i think i actually like the way he looks better without his head frame, thingy.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Great video review

Can't wait to get him!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

Finally!

Pixel Danny got his Hordikins figure for all of us to see!

NIIIICE!

I'm sooo loving that "fade to shadows" at the end of the review. It's soooo dramatic!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; May 27, 2009 at 12:57pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

man Hordak look killer!

I can see why some of ya'll dont like the short armor but i dont really care. He still looke awsome IMO.

Great review as always Pixel Dan!
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I like the figure. I'd buy him again if the release is colored like he was in POP.
    Boomskakalaka!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I like the figure. I'd buy him again if the release is colored like he was in POP.
    Yeah...I keep thinking that there's a good chance that I will buy an extra Hordak, and paint him with Filmation colors. I also want to paint his creature to look like Imp. Think it could make a great custom for my collection.

And again, I'm really glad you guys all enjoy the review! Thanks for all of the kind words!

The video is sweet Pixel Dan. I really like the picture of Hordak vs.KG. Of course, now I REALLY want to buy a King Grayskull.

was kinda hoping you'd review the armor as it's the main focus fans are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Since Hordak's apparently been alive for hundreds of years, there's plenty of time to fit all of those stories in!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.