Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

MOTUC Hordak Reviews! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Hordak Reviews!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    was kinda hoping you'd review the armor as it's the main focus fans are discussing.
    Indeed. I think I might do a separate, small video looking specifically at the armor. It really is a hot topic.

Plus that way we can direct armor talk to the existing armor discussion thread.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

was kinda hoping you'd review the armor as it's the main focus fans are discussing.
    Hm... me to...That was a way to say Mattel that many fans don't like the half armor... but Pixel Dan talks only in best words about everything and no word about the armor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Indeed. I think I might do a separate, small video looking specifically at the armor. It really is a hot topic.

But how hot is the topic? How many people even care about the armor? Make a petition.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

sounds good.

That would be great Thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But how hot is the topic? How many people even care about the armor? Make a petition.
    petition? are you serious? just go to the armor thread and you can see how many people are talking about it.

petition? are you serious? just go to the armor thread and you can see how many people are talking about it.
    But that's the problem now isn't it? People usually only voice their opinions when they don't like stuff. People are silent when they are content.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    You know, maybe it's just me, but I think the MOTUC Hordak looks more imposing and evil than the 200X designed one....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    But that's the problem now isn't it? People usually only voice their opinions when they don't like stuff. People are silent when they are content.
    i don't think so. there are plenty of positive threads/comments about the classics figures.

i don't think so. there are plenty of positive threads/comments about the classics figures.
    Mostly made by a select view.. Other positive posts are reactions to negative ones...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

there are plenty of positive threads/comments about the classics figures.
    I agree with this (and have personally always taken the time to say my share of thank you's to Mattel and the Horsemen).

And Pixel Dan- thanks for the review

Versus how many people who either like the armor or don't care? You might THINK alot of people don't like the armor, but it could be a very vocal minority who post all the time in that thread.

Just get a sizable amount of .orgers in an organized petition to enact a change for the re-release. If there are as many people as you think, then there should be no problem in getting that armor changed, right?

Yeah I was very excited about hordak from the first time I seen the first few pictures of him.. and well thanks for the review Dan and the pictures.. because my hype for this figure has just doubled..

it could be a very vocal minority who post all the time in that thread.
    I haven't noticed this- for the most part (IMO) members seem to be voicing their opinion and moving on. I have noticed: when members voice a dislike over this issue in particular, that there are those who seem to take it to heart and/ or seem to become unfriendly/ take it as an insult to Mattel or the Horsemen (when that really isn't the case at all). As I mentioned in the armor thread, these are only toys, and it is important for us to remain civil .... and friendly, even when we disagree.
    Last edited by River; May 27, 2009 at 07:24pm. Reason: typo

I don't mind the armor. I'd be fine either way.

But I don't see how a petition would help. Would it get even a hundred signatures from here on the .org? 200? 75? 50?

I mean if they're selling 10 or 15,000 of these (guessing), would a petition with even 200 names be anything more than a drop in the bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    But I don't see how a petition would help. Would it get even a hundred signatures from here on the .org? 200? 75? 50?
    That's what I meant by it being only a vocal minority complaining. Now if it were like 3/4's of the .org, that's a pretty big number.

I mean if they're selling 10 or 15,000 of these (guessing), would a petition with even 200 names be anything more than a drop in the bucket?
    I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately a petition or bringing it up in a Q and A is the only way to let Mattel know that there is even a problem. And this has been brought up before...so a petition might ensure that Toyguru sees that there is a problem that can be corrected for the eventual re-release of Hordak (it's far too late now).

Unless fans decide to blow up his PMs with armor complaints.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Great review, I can't wait to get this one! I love the way he is just scowling and I love the removable cape. The Evil Horde Logo on the package is awesome to see as well. My bet on the next Horde member to be released would be Grizzlor.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Bang your head!!!
    I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately a petition or bringing it up in a Q and A is the only way to let Mattel know that there is even a problem.

I don't see a problem.
    Personally, it's just people getting nit picky and personal taste.
    I don't see a petition helping any. I feel it would hurt the line if anything...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

That's what I meant by it being only a vocal minority complaining. Now if it were like 3/4's of the .org, that's a pretty big number.
    It would be a decent number. But I also doubt 3/4 of the .org is upset with Hordak's armor.

I don't see a big outrage. I see a handful of people complaining and a handful of people who like it. Based on that I'd assume its a non-issue one way or the other to the vast majority.

Petitions don't mean anything. They aren't a promise. If I sign a petition to get a DVD set made for a TV show there is no guarantee I'll actually buy it if it happens. Just like the names on a petition for this doesn't mean that people are not going to buy Hordak (or other figures) if the change isn't made or that they'll buy more (or any) if it is.

If you want to make some kind of an impact, get everyone who is upset by it to write a physical letter and send it to Mattel. Not an a-mail, but an actual letter - either typed or neatly written. That shows an effort that is so far beyond a digital signature on a electronic petition. Plus a petition can be faked easily. Mailing a bunch of letters from different addresses that each say something different, not so easy. And a POLITE, but PASSIONATE letter. Not threats, not calling anyone stupid or saying they don't get it, but something that talks about how GREAT the toys are - BUT how much BETTER they could be if this change was made.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; May 27, 2009 at 09:18pm.

Once again Pixel Dan great review!!! I was kinda hoping for a She-ra opening but completly understand the MOTU as thats how he was marketed in the 80's.It was cool that you changed the opening to show a little love to the 200x era.

I really can't wait to order him and love the shot of just him with his crossbow.I'm heading over right now to see his gallery.Thanks again!

For the record ,I like his armor.The ab crunch is one of my favorite joints and I am glad it was spared.

OK, dude,

That's a frickin' awesome figure. Give the 4H their credit for keeping this stuff going for all of us and doing a rediculously awesome job of it as well.

I remember that the 200x series got a lot of us posting on the 4H site and we ragged on stuff all the time, dispite the fact that we could all agree that the figures were awesome. All the negative feedback and critiscism on the little things did is threaten the 4H's reputation with mattell and give the people at mattel a sense that we were actually ungreatful for the line.

Anyone in this thread who said that petitions and nit picking will do nothing but harm were right. We all have tons of positive feedback because these figures have been outstandingly awesome so far, so lets make sure the people working hard at bringing them to us, and the skeptics at mattell (if any of them still exist) are reassured that we are thankful for this line and excited about the work. I doubt there are any of us who cant wait to see what they do next!

Anyone who has a complaint; we've all got something we want to change on the figures, on any figure on any line for that matter. I think Pixel Dan hit it on the head when he said he'd probably pick up an extra Hordak to give it the original filmation colors. Thanks to art supplies, we have the beauty of customization at our fingertips for those little changes that would bring that extra little bit of unique satisfaction to each one of us.

Keep up the awesome work 4H and everyone responsible for keeping us informed here are He-Man.org

I'd be a he-man-less He-Man fan without you all.

I want mine!!

please!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I was kinda hoping for a She-ra opening but completly understand the MOTU as thats how he was marketed in the 80's.It was cool that you changed the opening to show a little love to the 200x era.
    Glad you liked it! I actually have great a few different .Org openings to fit with whatever I discuss in my videos. I was so happy with teh 200x one, and thought it fit well for Hordak, so I used it. I even have a NA He-Man one. And yes...when She-Ra comes out, and I review her (or any other PoP figures), there will be a She-Ra opening.

And gang, I may not really have the authority, but I would like to ask we keep all discussions that are centered around the armor in the Armor thread. No use having this thread and that one to just discuss the armor. Use this thread to discuss the reviews, the photos, etc. Thanks!!

And I'll try to shoot something about the armor and get it up for you guys. It might not be until the weekend, but I promise I'll do it.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Bang your head!!!
    And gang, I may not really have the authority, but I would like to ask we keep all discussions that are centered around the armor in the Armor thread. No use having this thread and that one to just discuss the armor. Use this thread to discuss the reviews, the photos, etc. Thanks!!

I concur ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I'm not concerned about the armor. Quite honestly a real cuirass wouldn't stop and expose the abs anyway so I like the way it looks. And I never take off their armor anyway. The simple fact is the figure is Bad A$$ and I'm going to get several if I have to sell my son to a gypsy caravan. Skeletor in my opinion was an excellent figure but he doesn't look nearly as mean as Hordak, so I can't wait. One thing that does still irk me is that subtitle. They fixed it on the Matty Collector Site, It would be nice if they had fixed it on the Package. "The Evil Leader of the Evil Horde" brought to you by the department of redundancy department.