Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOTUC Hordak Reviews!

after seeing these new pics i think im going to be getting two of these guys myself, one for play and one for the package! he looks amazing, probably my favorite figure of the year (unless Roboto or rio blast come out)

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    This one reminds me of the opening of Queens Bohimian Rhapsody.Awsome pics by the way.
    I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me
    Galileo galileo
    Galileo galileo

Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    Guia X, you are very talented...are you a photographer? Do you use strobe lights? I'm an amateur photographer (just as a hobbie) and I have to say that I love your lighting technique! Any lighting tips (websites, etc.) to help us take better photos of our MOTUC and/or toy collection?
    Thank you. I'm just like yourself, an amateur. Just one of my many hobbies. All I'm using is a single hotshoe flash that I trigger remotely off of the camera. I do have some umbrellas that I use occassionally. I do wish I had atleast one strobe.

I don't really have any special techniques. I just make sure I get the parts I want in focus (which is usually the head of the figure). The really important thing is to have enough light. The amount and quality of light makes all the diffence. The other thing I do is shoot in RAW instead of JPG and make my adjustments in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. This allows me to correct the white balance, color, sharpness, etc. instead of the camera doing it for me. Getting the right white balance is crucial. So that's basically what I do. If you want more tips using flash ans strobes, just search for 'strobist' on google or flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Hey Guia X, just wanted to say that your pictures of Hec-Tor the Ruthless are beautiful. These pics have me salivating over here. HTR can't arrive soon enough.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Guia X!!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!

I love this one:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=3167

it actually looks like Hordak has full armor!!!! It's an awesome pic, I want a poster of it! I love everything about it! The way Hordak looks down, the shadows and his face, the bat symbol as kind of like his shadow....wow!

But, my favorite is this one:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=3160

Holy crap on a hat, that is sick! It looks like a movie poster! I mean, I could imagine it like a teaser poster with "2010" on the bottom or something. You rock, man.
    Thank you. The first one you mentioned is one of my favorites too. It took a while to find the right angle for the shirt, Hordak and the flash. I'm glad it turned out well. I did not get a chance to plug a He-man.org shirt with Zodac so I really wanted to do it for Hordak.

The second one, I'm not to sure if it turned out how I wanted. I think it is okay but I don't know if I could have done it better. I think I really wanted it to be against a black background and highlight his profile with light. I just could not do it with just the flash alone. I am really glad you like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    wow mate the photos are fantastic, i never thought of trying to shoot the classic figures, i may have to rethink that idea now
    Thank you. It is quite fun taking the photos. I just wish I had alot more time to do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    The more I look at Guix's pics, the more I can't understand a lot of peoples gripe over the "3/4" armor.
    Yeah after a while you get used to it and it does not even look like he has a two piece armor. What I do find very limiting is his cape. I wish they would have made his cape and hood two pieces as well. The cape really gets in the way of posing him. I would love to have them rerelease him capeless next time.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guia X View Post
    I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me
    Galileo galileo
    Galileo galileo

I would say Beelzebub has a devil put aside for you, but your photo's are too angelic for that to be the case.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).