Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Cartoon Series (39 Episodes)

Well I bought the boxset last week and finished it this morning and I gotta say....I loved it! I watched a few episodes here and there when it was first on TV, but since I had 3 little kids at the time I couldn't really "watch" it because I was so busy.

I gotta say though, for the most part this show was really made well. I'm sorry to see that it ended so quickly, especially with what the plans were for the third season.

To me.....more believable

I think that the 200X series was more believable from the standpoint of the transformation from Prince Adam to He-Man. While I am a fan of the He-Man franchise period, I will admit I'm not as well versed in the franchise as I would like to be. But the one gripe I had with the original He-Man cartoon was the look of Adam compared to He-Man. They both had the same build and all. Only difference was He-Man's outfit, voice and skin tone. With the 200X series, it made it a more believable transformation. A teenage prince who actually looked like a teenager who, by the power of Grayskull, grows and transforms into He-Man. With that in mind I would have loved to have seen the series continue to see how they would have done Adora's transformation into She-Ra.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    What are the names again of the two characters that make up Two-Bad? Are we ever given an origin story for Two-Bad in the original Masters of the Universe bible, cartoons or comics from the 80s? Did Skeletor magically fuse them together originally, or was that a story that was created just for the 2002 MOTU series?
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    What are the names again of the two characters that make up Two-Bad? Are we ever given an origin story for Two-Bad in the original Masters of the Universe bible, cartoons or comics from the 80s? Did Skeletor magically fuse them together originally, or was that a story that was created just for the 2002 MOTU series?
    Tuvar and Baddhra, no, and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    But the one gripe I had with the original He-Man cartoon was the look of Adam compared to He-Man. They both had the same build and all. Only difference was He-Man's outfit, voice and skin tone. With the 200X series, it made it a more believable transformation. A teenage prince who actually looked like a teenager who, by the power of Grayskull, grows and transforms into He-Man.

Which actually can be traced back to the original 1982 Filmation Series Bible written by Michael Halperin. He describes Adam as looking vastly different than He-Man. Only in production they used same model-sheet for cost-effect.

I still can't get enough of this series seven years later!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Agreed!! I just watched a few episodes the other day. Still great.

I really wish they had not made Fisto Man-At-Arms brother in the 2002 series, because he wasn't his brother in the original series. That was the worst decision!

We need a billionaire Masters of the Universe fan to get this thing done right. I've said this before in other threads, and if no one minds, I'll say it again: I don't care about the toys anymore! I am more interested in the story being told completely in the form of comic books and a cartoon series.

You already know that I'm a big Dynasty fan, and the thing that attracted me the most to both of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon series' was the whole royal family aspect: King Randor, Queen Marlena, Prince Adam. Plus, the whole drama surrounding the relationship between The Sorceress, Man-At-Arms and Teela. Then finding out that Adam had a twin sister named Adora who was kidnapped by Hordak, and then the whole Skeletor is Keldor story.

I think a soap opera approach should be taken. A Masters of the Universe cartoon series for adults. Comic books too! Maybe a series of live action movies like the Star Wars trilogy, or dare I say Harry Potter, which I don't like! The entire Masters of the Universe story must be told once and for all!

Any future incarnations of the cartoon series should STRICTLY be called MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, like the comic books and the toys. Forget the HE-MAN AND THE part. It makes the title of the show too long, and puts too much emphasis on He-Man.

Does Mattel really need to give permission to someone for naming the cartoon series Masters of the Universe, instead of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? Are they going to say no? Are they going to say no to a cartoon series without a toy counterpart? Can Mattel be paid enough money to shut up and let the cartoon series go on without toys to go with it?

Also, Princess Adora/She-Ra should be a part of future Masters of the Universe cartoon series' from the start. No separate series for She-Ra. Teela grows up with both Adam and Adora as her best friends. Adam and Adora are together when the Sorceress tells them their destiny as He-Man and She-Ra. Keep the story of Adora being kidnapped by Hordak when she was a baby, but in the new series Adora is found and returned when she is still a baby, in a matter of days, not years, and her story is only told once in a flashback about Hordak. Just like the story of Teela's origin in Teela's Quest from the 1983 MOTU cartoon series. Plus, all the stories about Hordak from the 2002 MOTU cartoon series ("Seperation," "The Price of Deceit," "The Power of Grayskull" and "History") should be kept and told again in the new series. The Snake Men too! And bring in the Rock People, the Meteorbs, Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Extendar, Snout Spout, Rotar, Twistoid, Scare Glow, Ninjor and Faker as well!
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; May 19, 2011 at 08:21am.

Court Magician
    This series was surprisingly good. I've been watching it with my kid.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I agree DynastyMasters. If I ever hit the lotto or anything crazy like that, the first thing I would do is try to get the MYP comic up and running again. I think that would be the easiest thing to do. I'd prefer a cartoon but I think that would require a lot more working/money.

I never wanted the cartoon and comic to end. They were the best!

In the episode, Siren's Song, what do you make of Buzz-Off entering Man-At-Arms lab to check up on the Imobilizer before he was attacked by Ram-Man who was being controlled by Evil-Lyn? Do you think Buzz-Off was going to turn against the Masters and take the Imobilizer, or was he just making sure it was still there, and found the device interesting?
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; April 25, 2011 at 01:57pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I agree DynastyMasters. If I ever hit the lotto or anything crazy like that, the first thing I would do is try to get the MYP comic up and running again. I think that would be the easiest thing to do. I'd prefer a cartoon but I think that would require a lot more working/money.

I never wanted the cartoon and comic to end. They were the best!
    Yes I agree as well, I'm wondering though if it would be easier to get the artists who used to work for MVCreations comics and get them to continue the story rather than try to do the near impossible and get MYP running it again? I've thought about writing to them and asking them what it would take to start up the comic again and maybe bring in what DynastyMasters said about Adora.
    Also what Alleyezon4 said, seeing Adora transformation into She-Ra - a teenage girl into full grown woman - would be really interesting.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i keep watching & reading the 200x motu.
    i still cant get enough.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Love this series. Watching it with my kids one episode at a time. My daughter loves (either The Beginning 2 or 3) where Mer-Man comes up from the depths with a crystal that's supposed to help Skeletor destroy the mystic wall. She loves the line from Evil-Lyn, "It took you two years to get it, you could've taken five minutes to clean it off." We love Beastman's face as Mer-Man wipes it on his fur. Awesome stuff.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

I'm completely drawing a blank right now. I can't remember if this story is from an episode of the original series or the 2002 series. I'm thinking it was one of the last episodes of the 2002-2003 MOTU series. Please tell me the name of the episode. Orko finds this item in a swamp and it turns out to be something he lost years ago when he arrived on Eternia. I think this item was a necklace that granted wishes and made everyone on Eternia walk backwards. Near the end of the episode Orko wishes he had never found this item again and it flies out of his hand and back into the bottom of a swamp and then everything is back to normal on Eternia. Thank you.

SORRY, THIS WAS ACTUALLY FROM THE ORIGINAL SERIES!!
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; September 24, 2014 at 05:33am.

Fun to watch and such a shame that it ended so abruptly.

Just watched 'The Council of Evil' two parter And 'The Last Stand' today. Those three episodes boil down what is special about MOTU. Really captures the essence. It kills me to think how amazing the next batch of unmade episodes would have been. Big time Horde action. That would've been awesome. Oh we'll, maybe there's a new MOTUC series in the works...
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app