Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I need Tytus?

Why do I need Tytus?

I tend to be a completist, but I just have no urge to get Tytus. I just can't convince myself that I need a figure I never had, or even knew existed until I was an adult. Can someone try and convince me that I need him before he disappears? Don't expect to be succesful though.

The only reason…because he's a MotU figure. That's all the reason one should need.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I won't try, and you don't need him, he keeps rating as the worst or second worst figure in all the threads!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

who will face off against megator?

Yeah, he really is a pretty weak figure. If you don't feel the need to pick him up, then don't do it.

The only thing I can think of is that when Megator comes out, he will make a nice companion piece to the green giant.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I know he is not everyone's fav figure, but I really love him. I love the fact he comes from the "past". any figure like him really fills in the back story of MOTU for me. And he looks very cool standing with He-Ro
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Because if you have He-Ro, they go great together. I just looked up at mine and never realized it until this moment, but they have the same face...

We might not have known about him until recent years, unless we lived in Europe, but he's a fun addition to the canon. Rotocast and bending leg aside, he's pretty cool on the shelf.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Well you answered your own question in a sense: You tend to be a complete collector, and he is part of the collection. It is the sole reason I ordered him this passed Tuesday. I have no desire for the character, the reviews of the figure itself are not promising, but that is ok as he will be kept MOC.
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

If you don't like him, don't buy him.

Personally I really like him, I think he looks good and is a welcome addition to build up King Grayskulls forces.

I don't know, I originally was on the fence but when I got him he ended up being really cool. I know he's not as articulated as the smaller figures and I thought he should have only been $30, but I really like the way he looks and my opinion of him changed greatly once I got him in hand.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    You really don't "need" any of these figures. If you like how he looks and want to add him to your collection, then do so. If not, then don't worry about it. No one should have to convince you to buy a figure that you're on the fence about. Just collect the ones you like
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

I've been wondering this myself.. his reviews are just horrible

If you have to ask, then you don't need him. "Completionism" is over-rated.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm so surprised by all the recent Tytus hate. When he was first shown, everybody loved him. They were just disappointed about his 1/2 rotocast body. Weird. I like him.

Anyway, Tytus helped build Castle Grayskull...so...if you don't buy Tytus, Castle Grayskull will not exist and the entire Universe will collapse. Do you want to be responsible or the collapse of the Universe?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah I don't see what the problem with him being rotocast is either...I look at a figure on the outside, not the inside. He is still a great sculpt from the Horsemen and deserves to be in your MOTU collection...

Because he looks great standing around being a giant amongst your other figures.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Because he looks great standing around being a giant amongst your other figures.
    yeah really dont need more than this
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Overlooking the fact that you're a completist (like my good self)...

Surely just because you never knew a figure didn't exist doesn't affect things one way or another?
    If the line was limited to the figures we all knew, it would be very limited indeed.

If you're gonna follow that path, count yourself out of the likes of Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus and Vikor, too.

(For the record, I didn't like Marzo or Carnivus (love Vikor tho) but, as with you, get everything to be completist).
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

Anyway, Tytus helped build Castle Grayskull...so...if you don't buy Tytus, Castle Grayskull will not exist and the entire Universe will collapse. Do you want to be responsible or the collapse of the Universe?
    I dub this to be post of the day.

Better listen to Darkspecter, his sagely wisdom rings true.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    Why do you need Tytus ?

Because, admit it, you really can't live without his wonderful, so useful "pooper scooper" weapon !

Another reason is so you have an excuse to buy SpyMonkey's hammer next month.

Despite his lack of articulation, he is a great sculpt and is technically a vintage figure if you're a vintage fan like me.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Another reason is so you have an excuse to buy SpyMonkey's hammer next month.
    Yeah, that's true : this hammer is simply AMAZING !

As others have said, you don't need him.

But for me, I think he's awesome. He's a great sculpt. I couldn't care less about the articulation, to be honest. I think he has a good amount. At that size, there isn't a lot of of poses you could put him in and keep him standing anyway. So it doesn't bother me.

I ordered him because he looks like and awesome piece that will go along with my collection. Towering over all the others.
    -Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze