Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Notorious for wanting certain characters and what's next after you get them?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    What's next after i get the figures i want? ummm.... maybe display them on my shelf & admire them for a while, like i do with every toy I want that I eventually get.

My most wanted right now would have to be Clawful (200x style or better than vintage design), Stinkor (same as Clawful), Webstor (getting multiples of him in Sept), classic style Sorceress (not 200x), The rest of the Horde, all 6 snakemen, Trap-jaw, Roboto, fisto, Manefaces, Modulok/Multibot, Battlecat, panthor, zoar, Two-bad, Spikor, snout spout (with some 200x flair), She-ra, Kowl, orko, lookee, Swift wind, etc. etc.....

oh hell, i want them all anyway.....from every era, no matter who they make. With POP & NA coming, there'll be alot of characters that will be totally new to me so i look forward to them, as well as the ones from motu i want.

Vehicles & playsets I can do without though. i'm mainly interested in the figures. i can just open up & use my 200x Castle Grayskull if i need one that badly. i wouldn't mind a Snake mountain someday though, but if it costs more than Mattel is willing to spend on it, then I'd rather they just stick to making the figures & occasional creature. i wouldn't mind an articulated Stridor....the old one was such a disappointment with no articulation... bad idea for a toy. Some day I'd like to get Spydor to use as Webstor's 'steed'.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    That's the one I really want. And if I had 1 vote for a figure, it would be her.

I want a 200x Sorceress as well, because I love the Egyptian motif.
    Yep, I can't disagree with you there at all.
    Those two would be fabulous figures.

I'm down with the Sorceress really in all her many lovely forms...

- Green Goddess
    - Filmation Falcon
    - NA film/filmation/future blend
    - 4HM/MYP
    - Veena

Every one of those would make fantastic figures!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I want them all.

But my most wanted from each line are:

MOTU: Teela/Goddess
    POP: She-Ra
    NA: Kalamarr (aka Slushhead)
    200X: Scare Glow (with glow-in-the-dark bones within a translucent body)

I also really want a Castle Grayskull playset, but I know that's a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Say IF we get these characters...what's next for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    "What if Tallstar got the Star Sisters? What's next for him?"
    ha. That would be a dream come true.

After the Star Sisters, I would set my sights on all the POP figures I had as a kid, which only consisted of:

Catra
    Entrapta
    Double Trouble

(Some may be shocked to hear that I never had a She-Ra figure)

From MOTU, I really really want Extendar, Dragstor, Blast Attak, Horde Trooper, Mantenna and Snake Face, as well as the unproduced dragster vehicles.

NA? I like Staghorn. Give me the unproduced characters too.

Veena does seem to never get a mention these days. Did King Grayskull's bio even refer to her? If not, that's quite an omission. She may be my next Holy Grail of the franchise.

RE the "what then" question, Mr. Spock said "Having is not so fine a thing as wanting" or something like that, but in all honesty, I don't think I'll EVER get exactly what I want (like a figure of Shadow Weaver for MOTUC and 200X both), so I don't think I'm gonna worry about it.

Yeah I do push for POP, but She-Ra is my girl! She is my most wanted figure. Once she is out of the way my next big focus would be Catra & then Adora. I want all POP in MOTUC, but these three are just essential, Shadow Weaver as well, but thats just not gonna happen ATM. I would feel lettdown by Mattel if Catra & Adora were not included in MOTUC, in faviour of other POP characters like Bow, Glimmer, Frosta, Mermista & Entrapta (But after Catra and Adora are out I would be over the moon to get the above mentioned figures.

Next would be the Star Sisters, Eldor, Veena and Green Goddess, the Oricle, Pravhus, Count Marzo, the Faceless One, Sorceress, Marlana, Angella & General Rattlor.

Filmation only character that I will always want are: Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Imp, Horde Prime, Light Hope, Shekotti, Kodac Ugnor, the Enchantress, Granameer, the First One, Kitterina, Star Child, Norwin, Mortella, Madam Razz & Broom, Sea Hawk, Hunga the Harpy, King Miach & King Miro.

(Tallstar I am shocked, no She-Ra figure when you were growing up! I feel for you dude)
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 26, 2009 at 06:47pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Well, honestly, I don't know if I'd have my sights anywhere after my favorites. Mostly because, after my favorites, the other ones I want are either gona be really far away or possibly not even done.

So my BIG want is Scareglow, and he is a good possibility in October (I hope, since he uses mostly parts that are available). After that, it gets tough, 'cause my next one is Roboto, and they gotta do alot of new stuff for him. After that I'd probably go Extendar, and that's even worse! From there on out I start to want NA figures, and anything after or between those are all bonus! For instance, Webstor isn't on my list of "OMG I want them to make this!!", but I did have him, I did like him, and I'm pretty excited to get him. So, after my big wants, I just keep collecting! There really isn't a bad figure to be made here. I like toys, and that's what these are, so I'm happy no matter what they decide to make.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

My major wish is already becoming a reality, He-Ro! I think my real major want is the use of Vac Metalizing when appropriate (Fisto's fist ALWAYS should have been), but there seems to be less and less of that as the years go by.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I honestly have a hard time nailing down exactly who I want so badly that I constantly campaign for its release. It varies from Green Goddess to Gwildor to NA Skeletor to Frosta, from Adora, Seahawk, 200X Adam to Cringer or Kowl. One morning I will wake up and be unable to fathom a world without a MOTUC Swiftwind/Spirit, but by the time I hit the sack that night, I'm hankering for Slushhead or the freaking Meteorbs! (Meteorbs!)
    When all is said and done, I suppose I'm just campaigning for whatever they'll throw at us. I am hooked; they can do no wrong in my eyes, save that they don't satisfy every one of these urges of mine before the curtain falls...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'd have to say Cringer, Adam, She-Ra and Adora (We already got He-Man and Skeletor. Battlecat and Hordak are coming soon)
    I could live without Spirit/Swift Wind.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm honestly happy with whatever comes out. With that said, I can't wait to see what a Classics Rock Person will look like!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

My few major wants are

Preternia - Green Goddess
    POP - Force Captain Adora
    MOTU - Orko
    NA - Flogg
    200X - Veena

All off the wall/slightly unlikely characters. But Adora was advertised as doable when they first announced the line,and they've been talking about Goddess since forever, so here's hoping she's coming.

After all these come out, as they are my most desired, I'd probably get behind

Preternia - Eldor
    POP - Star Sisters
    MOTU - Spikor
    NA - NA He-Man
    200x - Carnivus

As much as I love classic characters, I like that they are adding new blood with Grayskull and He-Ro. Indeed I do
    Last edited by sweetleprachaun; May 27, 2009 at 12:06am. Reason: addition

I really want a 200x style Trapjaw and Whiplash, which were the highlights for me in sculpting then, and breathed new life into the characters. 200x Triklops was also superior to the MOTUC style we are getting I think as well.

Elder Councilman
    Well, we're getting Hordak and He-Ro, so I'm happy there. The other must-haves on my list:

Orko
    Trap Jaw
    Gwildor
    Scare Glow
    Optikk
    Fearless Photog
    Eldor
    Dylamug
    Count Marzo
    Evilseed
    Catra
    (hopefully) Scorpia
    (hopefully) Shadow Weaver
    (hopefully) Sea Hawk
    (hopefully) Horde Prime
    (hopefully) Madame Razz
    (hopefully) Strong Arm
    Megator
    Tytus
    Snake Face
    Pravus
    Carniverous
    Mantenna
    Dragstor
    King Randor
    Grizzlor
    Horde Trooper
    Tuvar
    Baddhra
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Eldor, Tytus and Megator

Once i get those...Shadow Weaver and Scorpia eventually i hope.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Well I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't have MAA and Teela, but since we are getting those two, my next most highly anticipated character would have to be...Fisto!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Well, as many on here know, Fearless Photog is my biggest want and the figure I campaign for most. He's also a figure that Mattel has already said they will not do for quite some time, so I'll be stuck in that mode for a bit, I guess.

If he were to come out, I suppose it would shift to others - Tytus, Megator, star sisters,200x sorceress... But I figure most of my 'long-shot wants' list will have been released long before Photog ever gets a chance to see the light of day.

I don't know if I'm notorius for wanting a specific character, but I've shown my love for Whiplash pretty effusively over in the fan-art forumm, so I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar

call me crazy

Call me crazy but I really want figures like Prince Adam, Adora, Kronis, Keldor, and Odiphus. I enjoy the origins of charactors so to get them would be cool for me.
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

For me since I have commitment issues,I think once my favorite character is done (Buzz-off) it will help cement me into the ground and keep me collecting MOTUC.Of all the ones released so far and coming none are my favorites ,yes they'd be nice to have but not my favorites so it would be easy for me to let this line go.Once we get Buzz-off and other ones I like alot Modulok,Grizzlor,Leech,Netossa,Spinerella,Tung lashor and Rattlor it would pretty much guarantee me giving mattel my money on the 15th of each month from then on out.

I just want the line to keep going and surprize me every month. I like not knowing and feeling the excitement when new pictures are posted of the next figure. But I do have to say this...

Where the heck is Spikor???

He wasn't there for 200x, but he was the guy Skeletor chose to compete against he-man in a test of strength and nearly won in the filmation cartoon.

Also, what about Lizard man, Granamier, Count Marzo, that stone dude that Hordak destroyed in the 200x cartoon for questioning him, and other cool figures that were never even introduced into the line... Those'd be first time figures to make this line not only nostalgically pleasing, but fresh and complete.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Time to bring this thread back!

I've modernized the front of the thread...much has changed...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 3, 2011 at 05:22pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I've been quite vocal about Geldor lately (I keep going on about him in one of your idols!) and would love it, love it, love it if we get him!

I've voted for him in every idol, and other people are finally getting on board!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Hmm, well I'm not surprised my big wants (Marlena, Illumina, Shadow Weaver) still aren't on the horizon, nor are my mediums wants (Lodar, Geldor, Lizard Man), but I still got people like Keldor and Marzo and Carnivus, and Catra and King Hsss are right around the corner. There's always another character to anticipate.

Heroic Warrior
    I think I've been pretty vocal about expressing my want for a Zodak figure with a "modern" helmet-less head sculpt. For me, that is the only black eye on the face of MOTUC