View Poll Results: Do you like Hordak's armor?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

54 45.76%
  • No.

42 35.59%
  • Don't care.

22 18.64%

Thread: Do you like Hordak's armor?

Hybrid View

Do you like Hordak's armor?

Would you prefer full-torso armour covering the ab crunch joint, or are you happy with the way it is now?

Full Armor please

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think a petition would work better...more people see a thread on the main page than a poll that's buried on the poll page.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I like his armor and dont see what the big deal is.I also love the ab crunch so I am glad it was spared.

I wonder if Hordak's armor is getting so much hate becuase people are invisioning it on Randor,Fisto etc.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Full Armor please
    I agree. I like this armor, but the original figure looks good, the 200x looks even better, then MOTUC version is uhm...ok.

It is just fine with me; I see nothing wrong with it at all. I'd prefer to have the articulation in place, and Hordak looks cool. I will be interested to see how others turn out with it, but I have faith in the Powers that be.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I voted "Don't care" because I don't lol

I like Hordak the way he is, and I would have liked him if his armor had been made to cover his stomach. Either way, he's an incredibly figure, and I can't wait to own him.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Full Armor Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I like his armor and dont see what the big deal is.I also love the ab crunch so I am glad it was spared.

I wonder if Hordak's armor is getting so much hate becuase people are invisioning it on Randor,Fisto etc.
    That is part of it.
    Just imagine what some of those figure will look like--just bugs me.

But it really just looks bad to me.
    I just don't like the look.
    And since I don't care about the ab chrunch its a no brainer for me.
    And now that we know it is soft plastic and not the hard stuff, I don't see it bothering the ab chrunch anymore then say Zodac's armor.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    i don't care. Hordak is the best figure so far, and it can't be better, cause is perfect
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    It's baffling to me because they appear to have done MAA's armor right, but not Hordak's. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Full Armor Please.

But it really just looks bad to me.
    I just don't like the look.
    And since I don't care about the ab crunch its a no brainer for me.
    And now that we know it is soft plastic and not the hard stuff, I don't see it bothering the ab crunch anymore then say Zodac's armor.
    In complete agreement!

I wouldn't have a problem with the half armour IF the torso had been sculpted to be wearing a chain mail vest that cannot be removed.
    This would actually improve a lot of the figures wearing armour and you'd kinda get a bonus variant when the armour is removed.

As it is, the smooth abs just look stupid with the muscled upper torso. Because of this the figure looks stupid without the armour on full time.

(can someone plz suggest this in the Q&A thread to see what matty think of this compromise? I'd be interested to how they word "we don't want to invest into sculpting anything we don't absolutely need")

Heroic Warrior
    i think it looks fine but if i were to be picky about it, i'd answer no. it's not that i want full-torso armor, it's that i don't like the smooth abs. looks like he's wearing spandex. i love the way they did it with he-ro. just paint the abs the color of the armor and voila - it looks like armor.

yes, it's fine. He's actually a pretty booring figure, but yeah, armour is accurate and looks fine.