View Poll Results: Pick who you think will sell faster...

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hordak

72 60.00%
  • Man-At-Arms

48 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hordak vs Man-At-Arms

Hordak vs Man-At-Arms

Who will shut down the game faster on Matty? Hordak or Man-At-Arms.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I do say Hordak for the moment, but it also depends on what the secret feature is going to be packaged with MAA. If that leaks before his release, then I see it impacting his sales in a positive (sell out) way regardless of which way the fans respond. I have a feeling it's going to be Orko since 4H have included the mustache head. I was thinking about the glow in the dark ring, but he never came with that originally. Either way, I'm camping out at my computer about half an hour before both of them go on sale. Peace.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Hordak will sell out faster than any before.

Hordak will win, based on my personal opinion and the fact that I'm going to buy two of him and one of Man-At-Arms (although for many fans those numbers might be other way around).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Hordak is my favorite character from every incarnation of MOTU so I'm a little biased (and lucky). I do think He'll sell out faster and that's based on the reaction at NYCC and other places. MAA will be a hot ticket though too and it may be closer than people think just because figs with two heads are going to do really well. People will by more than one so they can have both versions displayed.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Well I knew MAA was going to lose even before I voted, but I am a huge MAA mark, and I just don't get whats so great about Hordak so I had to show Duncan some love.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Hordak because I think he appeals to more collectors than just MOTU collectors. However, I will add that I think they will both sell out in record time.

Man-At-Arms. I can see a lot of people buying extras to use as palace guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Left Hand View Post
    Well I knew MAA was going to lose even before I voted, but I am a huge MAA mark, and I just don't get whats so great about Hordak so I had to show Duncan some love.
    I think the appeal of Hordak for me was, by the time he came around, Skeletor had been turned from an evil demon from another demension into a bumbling evil Barney Fife. MOTU needed a new more powerful villain who could finally give He-Man a run for his money. Hordak, especially the one with the horrible mechanized fright zone looming in the smog behind him is sort of a cross between DC's Darkseid and Satan. Not only was his character Evil, but he looked Evil. Skeletor, unless you assign evil to him, has a stoic or impassive expression (Being a skeleton I guess he has no choice) but Hordak is unquestionably evil.

Heroic Warrior
    Tho MAA comes with a great bonus accessory (the 200X sword) and I expect that will draw in a lot of fans, I believe Hordak will win out due to 'cool appeal'.

Heroic Warrior
    I want Man at Arms more, but I expect that Hordak will sell faster.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm personally much more excited about Man-At-Arms, but from the discussion he's been getting on the site, I expect it will be Hordak.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    The same here.

I'm much more excited about MAA, but I expect Hordak to sell out faster.

I think MAA will be the surprise winner.

Hordak will sell out in 10 minutes.. MAA in 5.

lol

MAA has had virtually NO criticism from the community here. Hordak has. I don't have any criticism for the Hordak figure (in fact, I don't think I would have noticed the bikini-armor issue, had it not been brought up here.. after seeing the prototype, I was just blown away by how cool it looked).

But I think MAA is going to UBER popular because: he's one of the original 8; he's always been a popular character.. or rather, an integral character; he has a lot of cool weapons - the Grayskull Weapons Rack stuff AND King Grayskull's sword; he comes with both the vintage head (great for army building) & the Filmation/MYP head, so he probably appeals to an even bigger mixed bag of fan-types than does Hordak.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I hafta say Hordak, mainly because I know of a few POP fans who have not bought any of the previous figs who are dying to get hold of Hordak. so Im sure there are other POP exclusive fans out there, so add them to all the MOTU fans and 'Boom!' bye bye Matty!

I think Hordy will take it but Manny is pretty cool too.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Hordak > MAA

Well i"m a little late on this, but If I wasn't, I'd still say Hordak.
    Though I'm looking more foward to getting MAA
    Warpigs Feedback Thread Selling/Buying/Trading
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173127

\m/(^_^)\m/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Hordak will sell out in 10 minutes.. MAA in 5.

lol

MAA has had virtually NO criticism from the community here. Hordak has. I don't have any criticism for the Hordak figure (in fact, I don't think I would have noticed the bikini-armor issue, had it not been brought up here.. after seeing the prototype, I was just blown away by how cool it looked).

But I think MAA is going to UBER popular because: he's one of the original 8; he's always been a popular character.. or rather, an integral character; he has a lot of cool weapons - the Grayskull Weapons Rack stuff AND King Grayskull's sword; he comes with both the vintage head (great for army building) & the Filmation/MYP head, so he probably appeals to an even bigger mixed bag of fan-types than does Hordak.
    I don't think NO ONE passed up Hordak because of the armor issue. In fact, Hordak is the top figure in sales so far despite the criticism.

Now MAA has a chance of outselling Hordak because he's an even more major character than Hordak is AND the army builder potential.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think NO ONE passed up Hordak because of the armor issue. In fact, Hordak is the top figure in sales so far despite the criticism.

Now MAA has a chance of outselling Hordak because he's an even more major character than Hordak is AND the army builder potential.
    I think you're right in that there's a chance MAA could go even faster, what with the extra head. Plus 200X fans will want the sword that comes with him. I just hope he doesn't sell-out while I'm stuck on the red screen of doom for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think you're right in that there's a chance MAA could go even faster, what with the extra head. Plus 200X fans will want the sword that comes with him. I just hope he doesn't sell-out while I'm stuck on the red screen of doom for 20 minutes.
    Hey, I'm behind on my collection, and I've had to resort to Ebay to get all of the MOTUC that I have now. So is it really that bad on Matty Collector? I want MAA badly too.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say at best it'll be a tie. I get the feeling Hordak sold out as fast as the servers would allow. There was no real downtime involved

If swamped MAA may sell AS fast as Hordak... but I don't think its possible for faster...

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian View Post
    Hey, I'm behind on my collection, and I've had to resort to Ebay to get all of the MOTUC that I have now. So is it really that bad on Matty Collector? I want MAA badly too.
    When the mattycollector traffic is high, you get put in a queue (red screen of doom) that refreshes every couple of seconds until the the traffic dies-down enough to allow you to get to the next page. Last 2 times I've been stuck on that page for 15-20 minutes. Now I've not missed out on any of the figures mind you, but there's always a first time. heh

I'd say Hordak faster but then again Man-At-Arms is really cool looking too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

MAA has had virtually NO criticism from the community here. Hordak has.
    This is .org centrism.

assuming that just because this community has a problem with something, that logically, that means ALL MOTU fans have that same problem.

simply not true, as has been seen with my prediction coming true completely.

I'd say MAA will sell out on day one, but not nearly as quickly as Hordak.