Thread: Dekker Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar

Dekker Discussion Thread

As many members have connected the possibility that characters referenced in the bios may become figures sooner or later, I began thinking about Dekker (who is referenced in Man-At-Arms bio). Do you think that Dekker has any connection to Clamp Champ? Possibly either the same person, Dekker's son, no relation at all?

What do you all think?

Well since the name has a trademark logo next to it. It does mean Mattel owns the rights to the name and could make him into a figure using that name. It would be cool if they did make him.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I am not sure if he is related to Clamp champ; But he was in an episode of the 200x series. He seemed pretty cool and helped defeat Clawful's Cousins. Not to mention get Skeletor and his cronies stranded out at see.
    JD

I wouldn't be surprised if the character they create for Clamp Champ is somehow related to Dekker, but I would love it if Clamp Champ is the one being prepped to be the next Man-At-Arms (unofficially - as in, MAA & Dekker might know that, and be considering it, but Clamp Champ would not know).
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the character they create for Clamp Champ is somehow related to Dekker, but I would love it if Clamp Champ is the one being prepped to be the next Man-At-Arms (unofficially - as in, MAA & Dekker might know that, and be considering it, but Clamp Champ would not know).
    I thought that too, actually. I would love to see Clamp Champ being mentored as the next Man-At-Arms!

I'd prefer Clamp Champ and Dekker be two different people in the MOTUC continuity, but I'm all for Clamp Champ being a new master of weapons like a blacksmith or something who's more on the hand-to-hand combat weapons side of things rather than inventing new vehicles and machines and such.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I always felt that this was an awesome (and logical) idea for the story's progression. Sign me up for Dekker!!! MOTU needs more cool black dudes, anyhow!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    As many members have connected the possibility that characters referenced in the bios may become figures sooner or later, I began thinking about Dekker (who is referenced in Man-At-Arms bio). Do you think that Dekker has any connection to Clamp Champ? Possibly either the same person, Dekker's son, no relation at all?

What do you all think?
    i always felt that if the 2002 series continued we would have seen dekker become clamp champ. it makes sense and gives clamp champ more character besides being JUST a royal body guard
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i always felt that if the 2002 series continued we would have seen dekker become clamp champ. it makes sense and gives clamp champ more character besides being JUST a royal body guard
    I don't see how that would be at all logical. Clamp Champ isn't missing an eye and is much younger than Dekker. Also, Clamp Champ isn't just a royal body guard, he is King Randor's personal body guard. It might not be the most exciting job, but it is one of the most important job's in the Royal Palace.

Anyway, as far as a Dekker figure goes, I would like to see one eventually.
    However, there are many other 200X characters that I think should be made before him. Here are some of the figures I'd like to see made before Dekker:

1. Queen Marlena
    2. Count Marzo
    3. Evilseed
    4. Lord Dactys
    5. Horde Wizard
    6. Calix
    7. The Faceless One
    8. Hawk
    9. Chief Carnivus
    10. Prahvus
    11. Ceratus
    12. Oracle
    13. Kronis

I personally think any of these characters would be cooler than Dekker.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't see how that would be at all logical. Clamp Champ isn't missing an eye and is much younger than Dekker. Also, Clamp Champ isn't just a royal body guard, he is King Randor's personal body guard. It might not be the most exciting job, but it is one of the most important job's in the Royal Palace.

Anyway, as far as a Dekker figure goes, I would like to see one eventually.
    However, there are many other 200X characters that I think should be made before him. Here are some of the figures I'd like to see made before Dekker:

1. Queen Marlena
    2. Count Marzo
    3. Evilseed
    4. Lord Dactys
    5. Horde Wizard
    6. Calix
    7. The Faceless One
    8. Hawk
    9. Chief Carnivus
    10. Prahvus
    11. Ceratus
    12. Oracle
    13. Kronis

I personally think any of these characters would be cooler than Dekker.
    Nice list, but I'd also add in Tuuvar, Badhra and Keldor!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm not a huge fan of Dekker. I don't hate him by any means, but he is so low on the totem poll of characters...I'd want Vormus before him and why does Clamp Champ have to know or be related to Dekker? What are you trying to say all black people look alike

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I REALLY wish there will be a MOTUC Geldor!
    Geldor and Dakon would be cool! MOTU doesn't have enough black people!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 5, 2009 at 09:06pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I find this topic to be quite insulting.

As soon as we see a character with black skin he's INSTANTLY linked to the other.

Dekker is OLD. has WHITE hair. ONE eye!

so the ppl that dont decide dekker and clamp champ are one and the same decide to make clamp champ his son soley on the basis that they both happen to be black.

Why can't clamp champ be "JUST" a royal guard that's aspiring to be the next man at arms?

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Dekker.
    i am not saying he looks like clamp champ. i am saying they could have MADE him clamp champ. who knows what they would have done in the 2002 series?

i can see them making him CC since he already has a back story and he could make a great personal guard
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Dekkar Speculation thread in MOTUC

i am a big Man-At-Arms fun so i really want his trainer in MAA,

but do i want how he appeared in 200x ... I actually really want him in his MAA uniform ( i imagine a cross between MAA and Palace guard)

Thoughts ?

Heroic Warrior
    I like the character, bring him as an action figure....

I want him, but... I wanted him to be kinda a Man-At arms variant... or something. I think it's a good idea to have him have 200x armcannon. OF course not all big and stupid looking, I hate that thing. I hate it.

But "Classicize" it and put it with Dekker, make the 200x purists happier I suppose with Duncan.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wonder if his bio would mention the mvc secret protectors of grayskull & illumina or any other revealing story?

I thought the pics of him looked pretty good at SDCC.

Heroic Warrior
    clamp champ is his grandson! period!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just saw the review of Dekker over at Fwoosh; it looks like the long hair on both heads is a separate piece, so I'm thinking it might be rather easy to pull that piece off the young head, resculpt the back of the hair, paint the face, and get a usable 2002 Duncan head for the Snake MAA body. Looking at the picture of the younger face, it really looks like the MYP Duncan to me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This figure is growing on me! I will use the younger head for a Shidoshi (Fuerza T) custom.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I love anything that wasn't vintage motu just a little less...it just lacks something.

Dekker though is one of the very few times where I can make an exception. He's probably one, if not the best new character from 200X IMO. I've always loved the idea of his character and quite frankly his MYP episode is one of my favorite epidoes of the 200X series. His figure does not disappoint. He looks great in the review over on Fwoosh. He could quite possibly be my favorite of the year.

Heroic Warrior
    The character is okay, the figure is not exciting, but solid. I think, I got a few cool mix & match options for him with the Palace Guards. But I think, I´ll get him on secondary market for less money...