Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dekker Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Yes, itīs something new, but I can certainly understand your interest in getting a character like the Faceless one, Marzo, Veena, Battle Lion, but Dekker? I just dont get it. I donīt think he is an interesting character thatīs all.

How can you not like a former Man-At-Arms who wears an eye-patch, has white dreadlocks and still kicks butt?!

I think I want a Dekker figure more than a Evilseed figure at the moment, but still Marzo, Faceless One, Marlena and Hawke are my most wanted from 200X.

Dekker was mentioned in the MOTU movie script, so perhaps that's why they may be doing a figure of him.

I should expect he'll be coming in 2020, when the MOTU movie is released.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Dekker was mentioned in the MOTU movie script, so perhaps that's why they may be doing a figure of him.
    How have all these people read this script. Is it openly available online?

As for the discussion at hand, I hope the make these characters from the 200x series:

Royal Guard
    Dekker
    Count Marzo
    The Faceless One
    Carnivus

...there's probably more...

No offense to anyone, but I'm not a big fan of Dekker. I just don't like the character design. He looks generic to me. There are at least 40 other characters that I can think of that I'd rather have in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    No offense to anyone, but I'm not a big fan of Dekker. I just don't like the character design. He looks generic to me. There are at least 40 other characters that I can think of that I'd rather have in this line.
    Also Decker reminds me too much of Geldor

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Also Decker reminds me too much of Geldor
    I REALLY wish there will be a MOTUC Geldor!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Thanks very much

Successful transactions:Kero, Sdilks, Pain, Overhaul, Kalel0201, Warrenpeace2012, Fisto's left hand,Captain Miro,Faceless Glow,engineer pwns,MOTU_Maniac,He-Ryno,prince.nothing,Kinghsss456,ant1024

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm..i might actually buy Dekker but i cant honestly disagree with others that think other characters might be more deserving.

Dekker is awesome but...at whose expense should he put out? Horde Trooper? I think not. I want a Dekker but i want Clamp Champ, a Horde Trooper, A Royal Guard , etc. before him.
    Good Transactions W/: Creasy Bear, Deltadod, Wickethecanuck x2, Chemical Chemical, Jasonwulf, Mike Bock, Windblock2002, CGImmortal x2, Audman , Hairybeastman x2, Man-E-Toys & 2 pppl ive forgotten. More to come :-)

I thought Dekker was pretty cool, even though he was only in one episode. For the sake of other characters, however, I wouldn't want him to take precedence.

On another note, if they did make a figure, I bet his "real name" would be Dekker Dur.
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; October 17, 2012 at 11:06pm.

Dekker is OK, I don't think a monthly slot should go to him though. Maybe as a Man at arms variant offered as a second figure one month
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Maybe he would be an exclusive
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Didn't Ian Richter say that Clamp Champ was going to be introduced as a stand-in MAA whilst Duncan was a Snake Man in the proposed season 3?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    As many members have connected the possibility that characters referenced in the bios may become figures sooner or later, I began thinking about Dekker (who is referenced in Man-At-Arms bio). Do you think that Dekker has any connection to Clamp Champ? Possibly either the same person, Dekker's son, no relation at all?

What do you all think?
    i always felt that if the 2002 series continued we would have seen dekker become clamp champ. it makes sense and gives clamp champ more character besides being JUST a royal body guard
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i always felt that if the 2002 series continued we would have seen dekker become clamp champ. it makes sense and gives clamp champ more character besides being JUST a royal body guard
    I don't see how that would be at all logical. Clamp Champ isn't missing an eye and is much younger than Dekker. Also, Clamp Champ isn't just a royal body guard, he is King Randor's personal body guard. It might not be the most exciting job, but it is one of the most important job's in the Royal Palace.

Anyway, as far as a Dekker figure goes, I would like to see one eventually.
    However, there are many other 200X characters that I think should be made before him. Here are some of the figures I'd like to see made before Dekker:

1. Queen Marlena
    2. Count Marzo
    3. Evilseed
    4. Lord Dactys
    5. Horde Wizard
    6. Calix
    7. The Faceless One
    8. Hawk
    9. Chief Carnivus
    10. Prahvus
    11. Ceratus
    12. Oracle
    13. Kronis

I personally think any of these characters would be cooler than Dekker.

When I read that Dean Stefan planned to establish Clamp Champ in Season 3, I immediately thought that he might've been Dekker's son or nephew.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't see how that would be at all logical. Clamp Champ isn't missing an eye and is much younger than Dekker. Also, Clamp Champ isn't just a royal body guard, he is King Randor's personal body guard. It might not be the most exciting job, but it is one of the most important job's in the Royal Palace.

Anyway, as far as a Dekker figure goes, I would like to see one eventually.
    However, there are many other 200X characters that I think should be made before him. Here are some of the figures I'd like to see made before Dekker:

1. Queen Marlena
    2. Count Marzo
    3. Evilseed
    4. Lord Dactys
    5. Horde Wizard
    6. Calix
    7. The Faceless One
    8. Hawk
    9. Chief Carnivus
    10. Prahvus
    11. Ceratus
    12. Oracle
    13. Kronis

I personally think any of these characters would be cooler than Dekker.
    Nice list, but I'd also add in Tuuvar, Badhra and Keldor!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm not a huge fan of Dekker. I don't hate him by any means, but he is so low on the totem poll of characters...I'd want Vormus before him and why does Clamp Champ have to know or be related to Dekker? What are you trying to say all black people look alike

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I REALLY wish there will be a MOTUC Geldor!
    Geldor and Dakon would be cool! MOTU doesn't have enough black people!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 5, 2009 at 08:06pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I find this topic to be quite insulting.

As soon as we see a character with black skin he's INSTANTLY linked to the other.

Dekker is OLD. has WHITE hair. ONE eye!

so the ppl that dont decide dekker and clamp champ are one and the same decide to make clamp champ his son soley on the basis that they both happen to be black.

Why can't clamp champ be "JUST" a royal guard that's aspiring to be the next man at arms?

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Dekker.
    i am not saying he looks like clamp champ. i am saying they could have MADE him clamp champ. who knows what they would have done in the 2002 series?

i can see them making him CC since he already has a back story and he could make a great personal guard
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    and why does Clamp Champ have to know or be related to Dekker? What are you trying to say all black people look alike
    Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post
    As soon as we see a character with black skin he's INSTANTLY linked to the other.
    so the ppl that dont decide dekker and clamp champ are one and the same decide to make clamp champ his son soley on the basis that they both happen to be black.
    Why can't clamp champ be "JUST" a royal guard that's aspiring to be the next man at arms?
    Dion't you guys remember the show? EVERYBODY was related to the others somehow! Man-At-Arms is the adoptive father of Teela who is the daughter of the Sorceress and Fisto who is the brother of Man-At-Arms. And Keldor is the halfbrother of Randor who is the father of Adam whose mother Marlena is half part of the Gar which are the race of Keldor whose father is Captain Miro. With that in mind, it's no wonder that fans assume a family connection between Dekker and Clamp Champ! If the show would've run long enough, we probably would've found out that Dekker was Duncan's godfather, Zodac was Dekker's great-grandfather, Randor was Duncan's cousin and Tri-Klops the brother of the Sorceress!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fneh View Post

Insulting?! Buhuuu.... Maybe people link these two since every character in MYP show seemed to be linked to each other in many ways.

And there is also other reasons to think they could be related. In show, there weren't really that much black people, not as villagers or as any other backround characters. And it's well known fact that when people get kids, they're children do get the same or mixed skin color from their parent's. And last but not least, it adds more possibilities for some great emitional scenes.

I think getting insulted by these opinions and almost using "you must be racist cos you make assumptions on other than white skinned ppl" card is so ridiculous and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by wasted View Post
    I think getting insulted by these opinions and almost using "you must be racist cos you make assumptions on other than white skinned ppl" card is so ridiculous and lame.

I never said anything about racism. you did. I'd say the same thing if clamp champ and dekker were both GREEN.

I find it incredibly stupid that every character of the same skin is linked.

Maybe we'll find out that orko is skeletor's son next???

Also, keldor and randor were half brothers. Keldor is blue unless MOTUC changes that. I would say that skin is even an issue in MOTU if a blue skinned man can be related to a caucasian man.
    There's nothing to say that Clamp Champ couldn't be Man At Arm's brother. It's entirely possible in the real world for mixed race parents to have a child that looks one race over the other. MOTU is a fantasy genre, and there's no reason to say that if teela and he-man had a baby, it wouldn't be green skinned
    Last edited by Fneh; June 6, 2009 at 06:47am.

The only thing I find insulting about this thread is that people are so reluctant to accept characters that weren't released in the 80's. As many said before, this is a new line so Dekker deserves a figure as much as anyone. Mattel can even leave characters out for this is a new line with its own cannon. And in this cannon Dekker obviously has a part.

Over the past years Eternia and the MotU property has grown beyond the childish Filmation fights and the Skeletor vs He-man minicomics. And new characters expand this growth even more.
    Last edited by Neo; June 6, 2009 at 09:34am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    Well where's the problem here then, first you talk about insulting and then about black characters, heck, most of white skinned characters are linked to each other, why that ain't problem. It's great if you weren't even thinking about racism, I just got that expression when you used word insulting.

Yes, of course it's fantasy genre, Adam and his family could be actually non-humans, roboto might be actually Zodacs father and Snout-spout is son of adam and clawful. But then again, base of fantasy is our world and our natural laws and only has some added stuff to make it fantasy. And your example about Keldor and Randor is useless, halfbrothers(or sisters) don't always have same skincolor, isn't that amazing...

It's entirely possible in the real world for mixed race parents to have a child that looks one race over the other
    thanks

Hello He-Fans and She-Ravers!

Let's please not have any arguments dealing with ethnic background.

Let's get this thread back on track.

Thank you!