Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dekker Discussion Thread

Dekker is a brilliant figure. His look is a departure for MOTUC on multiple levels, which is good. The line appears to be afraid of or lack older characters. Most figures are made to appear young, so it is good to see aged figures. Also, his clothing is unique for MOTUC. Definitely, this is an anticipated figure for later this year.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 5, 2012 at 08:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm now thinking his "young head" may have originally been a design for Duncan, as well. As much as I want a helmetless Duncan, I understand why they made it Dekker.

Also, I'd prefer they use the exact same face that MAA has now and added hair to that.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to get this figure.

I think it's pretty obvious that I want this figure.

I have always loved those older, grizzled, scarred warrior types. Tough as nails, sharp as a knife blade, and still able to kick much booty.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I really like the inclusion of Dekker.

Hopefully, anyone who doesn't like him and won't purchase him aren't the same fans who wanted random villagers. I mean it only takes a little bit of imagination to display him as a generic Eternian villager.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

i love anything that wasn't vintage motu just a little more It's just a little more exciting... so Dekker is a great figure to me.

I will definitely be giving him the green Clawful shield from the new weapons pack... I'm going to guess that it might be meant for him, as it's his color scheme, he's a fisherman, and his MYP episode featured him battling Clawful's people.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    i love anything that wasn't vintage motu just a little more It's just a little more exciting
    I agree. What a great way to put this too!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    i love anything that wasn't vintage motu just a little more It's just a little more exciting... so Dekker is a great figure to me.

I will definitely be giving him the green Clawful shield from the new weapons pack... I'm going to guess that it might be meant for him, as it's his color scheme, he's a fisherman, and his MYP episode featured him battling Clawful's people.
    oh that could be cool
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I like the Dekker figure.

He's an accent figure for my collection, he really adds to the environment and the mythos for me.
    I like his young head, if I get a SLL I will likely put the younger head on him.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Snappy Threader
    I think Dekker looks awesome. My son has wanted one since the 200x days so I am very happy.

I'm very excited about Dekker... He has this Videogame "Monk" character... his Mace will become Duncan's and maybe i'll make a piece of "driftwood" for him.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Very cool character. I really hope to get more 200X/MYP figures like Evil Seed, Prahvus, Calix, Lord Dactys etc...

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that I want this figure.

I have always loved those older, grizzled, scarred warrior types. Tough as nails, sharp as a knife blade, and still able to kick much booty.
    EXACTLY. I absolutely love the "tired and grizzled vet" aspect of Dekker. He is a welcome addition to the MOTUC world. Now where the heck is Miro TG???
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Very cool character. I really hope to get more 200X/MYP figures like Evil Seed, Prahvus, Calix, Lord Dactys etc...
    Agreed. There are quite a few 200X characters that would make worthy additions to the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm loving the Dekker love.

After reading so many posts from the Louder than Numerous, I begin to think this line is surely doomed. Then I read threads like this and I get happy.

Can't wait for Dekker.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, looking for a shortcut answer here (rather than trying to find the right MYP episode and all...): did young Dekker appear in the cartoon as young MAA's mentor in any flashbacks, and if so what did he wear? I want to display both the young and old heads in different eras (old head with the "contemporary" more well-known versions of characters and younger head with "recent history" versions of characters like Keldor and Kronis and moustache-less MAA) but I don't know if he should wear the same outfit in both, or I should throw the young head on a palace guard body...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    You know, I hate to say it, but the more I look at Dekker, the less I like him. At first, I was so glad to be getting him, but his figure just seems to be boring. Not SLL or Cy-Chop boring, but boring nonetheless.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    clamp champ is his grandson! period!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just saw the review of Dekker over at Fwoosh; it looks like the long hair on both heads is a separate piece, so I'm thinking it might be rather easy to pull that piece off the young head, resculpt the back of the hair, paint the face, and get a usable 2002 Duncan head for the Snake MAA body. Looking at the picture of the younger face, it really looks like the MYP Duncan to me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This figure is growing on me! I will use the younger head for a Shidoshi (Fuerza T) custom.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I love anything that wasn't vintage motu just a little less...it just lacks something.

Dekker though is one of the very few times where I can make an exception. He's probably one, if not the best new character from 200X IMO. I've always loved the idea of his character and quite frankly his MYP episode is one of my favorite epidoes of the 200X series. His figure does not disappoint. He looks great in the review over on Fwoosh. He could quite possibly be my favorite of the year.

Heroic Warrior
    The character is okay, the figure is not exciting, but solid. I think, I got a few cool mix & match options for him with the Palace Guards. But I think, I´ll get him on secondary market for less money...

Fwoosh's review helped me get more excited for Dekker!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

hey guys I know this is an old thread but I just got a dekker figure in the post the weird thing about him is his buck under the tabard is completely blue and not skin tone is this normal ?

Nope! It's not... His torso is supposed to be skin toned.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.