Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS is coming back!!!!

UPS is coming back!!!!

This was part of TG lastest news post on the Matty forums:

3: The reason we switched to the new shipping service was 100% to save the cost of shipping. Due to demand, we're going to look into bringing back UPS and additional services each at a different cost based on that service. But you will have options!

Thank God!!! Bring back the brown!!!

Here's a link to the full post:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/9811011596

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome news!!!!yes.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    That's some good news right there.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

GOOD. I will gladly pay a little more for a competent service.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The only problem is that UPS prices are a bit up there. Matty needs to use USPS 1st class. When you can ship 1 figure for about $6 instead of $10. They should look into this option!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    The only problem is that UPS prices are a bit up there. Matty needs to use USPS 1st class. When you can ship 1 figure for about $6 instead of $10. They should look into this option!
    First class only goes up to 13 ounces. I think all figures with their white mailers and shipping boxes are easily over 1 lbs. Unless the zone is close to me it costs between ~6-~9 dollars per figure to ship in the US via USPS. If it's close by, around 6 to ship a single figure priority (2-3days). If it's to Cali, it's about 9 to ship it parcel post(3-9days). Those are pretty much the cheapest options you have.

The thing I don't understand is this: When you have an account and sell things in large volume as Mattycollector does, you get shipping discounts with companies such as UPS. Generally the more volume you do the bigger chunk off you get. A Fedex employee was going over it with me one day saying if the volume is there you get around 50% off shipping charges. I'm not sure what UPS % is, but what I'm saying is this; they were already saving money by using UPS in the first place and never should have switched.

Either the line isn't doing nearly as well as we are told, or it's just another case of Mattel being cheap for the sake of being cheap.

I'll guess option 2.

But you know if Matty is charging 10 to ship via UPS, its probably costing them around 6 bucks, with the rest of that going into what they pay the people who pack the orders and packing materials. At least that's my best guess.

What great news! OPTIONS! We want them!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Thank goodness. Hopefully if no one chooses that newgistics or whatever it's called company, they'll just do away with it all together.

Hurray !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    3: The reason we switched to the new shipping service was 100% to save the cost of shipping.

I find this statement interesting to say the least considering how once the switch was made my shipping costs went UP and not down. So, who was "saving" you *Matty* or me?

While I haven't had any problems with shipping either way, I'm glad to see the UPS option come back. Last month, my order came in and it was the first time that I had anything close to a problem: Panthor's outer box was slightly damaged and it took several days longer.
    Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

UPS for the win!!! Sooo excited about this...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!

No more Boxes in Sacks!!!!

No more two month waits for Parcels!!!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Thank god. Please give us an option. Something without "GISTICS" in it. Yeah...UPS sings their stupid LOGISTICS™ songs in their commercials, but at least they dont have that damn word in their actual name.

UPS is waaaaaay more reliable AND faster than no-name GISTICS. And we're already paying too much for shipping so I dont even care at this point if UPS costs a little bit more.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    happy to be going back to ups for my matty figures, now i wont have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive. also happy to hear about the voltron subscription, looks like ill still have to face the WSOD for he-man when a character i want comes along

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I find this statement interesting to say the least considering how once the switch was made my shipping costs went UP and not down. So, who was "saving" you *Matty* or me?
    The statement about saving money on shipping is rather curious. For me the price hasn't changed but the time it takes has increased by two days and lets not even mention the condition of the carton. Shipping these figures in a bubble mailer usually results in some sort of blemish.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    UPS for the win!!! Sooo excited about this...
    Excited? Why should anyone be excited about being given something that should have never been eliminated in the first place? This is how Mattel seems to work though. The company screws up the most basic and rudimentary of services and when something finally works, people are ready to start cheering in the streets.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    About freaking time.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I bet subscription holders who had their subs canceled and subsequently received a new subscription won't be so fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarYellow View Post

Excited? Why should anyone be excited about being given something that should have never been eliminated in the first place? This is how Mattel seems to work though. The company screws up the most basic and rudimentary of services and when something finally works, people are ready to start cheering in the streets.
    I'm excited because they could have just opted to flat out ignore our requests to bring back UPS and just stick us permanently with Cornerstone Logisitics. I'm not saying they deserve praise or should win an award, I'm saying that I'm excited that I'm going to be able to get UPS shipping at some point down the road once again.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm excited because they could have just opted to flat out ignore our requests to bring back UPS and just stick us permanently with Cornerstone Logisitics.
    As collectors and/or fans of this line, we shouldn't have to resort to be given back a shipping method such as UPS. The excuses for why UPS was eliminated was complete bull. This seems to be par for the course when it comes to this line though. Excuses are in surplus. Things which should be simple are made difficult.

About time! I prefer UPS over Cornerstone Logistics.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Hope is back in time for the after SDCC sales.

praise the powers that be! i am so sick of spending nearly 40% of the cost of one figure to get my toys shipped. so unnecessary, especially since its not like it gets the figure in my hands any quicker.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I don't get it. If we paid for the shipping anyway, shouldn't we get the shipper we paid for?!? What's all this about saving on shipping? Are they the ones who's saving or us?!?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Wish I knew

Now I am doing 2 sep subs to make sure My figures don't come though USPS trashed packages. So now I am out extra shipping cost and have to get rid of the 2nd sub. The Default should be UPS ground and the ability to CHOOSE USPS should be the way it works. But cheaper is better for Matty. Real shame
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...