Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull+battle lion pack possible?

King Grayskull+battle lion pack possible?

We know battle cat is being released in the next year, but surely it'd be possible to retool battle cat a bit and give it a furry mane (and green flocked body to match) and then pack this with the standard grayskull figure?

Or would you all prefer to forget grayskull even had a cat OH-SO-SIMILAR to battle cat and simply have the figure released again in the standard packaging?

No 2 packs, single figures only, I like consistency. Same with the beasts, they should all have similar packaging.

The original line had two packs with He-Man and Skeletor with their cats, so I am fine with that. I think that is something casual collectors would enjoy, as well as hardcore ones. A lot of people didn't get King Greyskull, so it would make most fans happy.

I want either 2-packs or singles as long as they got released.
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    The original line had two packs with He-Man and Skeletor with their cats, so I am fine with that. I think that is something casual collectors would enjoy, as well as hardcore ones. A lot of people didn't get King Greyskull, so it would make most fans happy.
    The originals were not for collectors they were for kids, I`m a MOC collector and like consistency. it`s very simple, release them all singly and release the beasts singly, no 2 or 3 packs. it`s 1 figure a month and I want my collection to reflect that fact. The fact that most fans didn`t get was due to the fact that he was a SDCC exlcusive and most poeple didn`t know about the line at that point.

As long as he is IN SCALE (Meaning BIGGER) than Battle Cat & Panthor I'm fine with that if he's the same size that would suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    As long as he is IN SCALE (Meaning BIGGER) than Battle Cat & Panthor I'm fine with that if he's the same size that would suck!

Even if the body is the same as Battle Cat and Panthor, I think he will appear bigger because of the lion's head and mane.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I actually won't mind a hero/steed two packs. It's something that will boosts one's collection!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    I actually won't mind a hero/steed two packs. It's something that will boosts one's collection!
    only if they are all released as 2 packs, i don`t want a single battle cat then another in a 2 pack a few months down the road. If they are going to do 2 packs ALL the cats should come with their riders. Also I see a 2 pack going up to like $50 or $60 due to the $20 figure AND a cat like I said singles are the way to go!! they are the most cost effective way to give us our fix!

Nope not going o work NEEDS to be BIGGER.........

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Even if the body is the same as Battle Cat and Panthor, I think he will appear bigger because of the lion's head and mane.

I was actually just meaning release grayskull with his cat as a way to give everyone a chance to own him.

I can see how the ppl that already own him would be miffed by this (seeing as it would be cheaper to buy just the cat alone) however.

I just figured, this gives matty the chance to produce another steed from the battlecat sculpt with minimal work (a bit of flock and a furry mane and the same harness as battlecat, just ditch the helmet) while at the same time giving us grayskull again without having to release him carded (i'd be annoyed if I'd forked out the money for grayskull already if he was released in the standard packaging - because he would fit better with the other figures MOC, but if he was released this way, I'd be really pleased)

Personally, I really like the vintage he-man and battle cat 2 pack. I think they look really impressive in the box together. Hence why the commemorative 2 packs were released I guess.

On one hand I say yeah as it gets me a KG.

On the other hand, I say release them seperately, as a two pack would probably incur heavy customs charges!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Nope not going to work NEEDS to be BIGGER.........

lol... well thats up to the people at Mattel, not us... hahaha.... I think if he was made bigger than Battle Cat and Panthor, he would end up being to big to display. I think the cats would look better in scale.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; May 31, 2009 at 06:49pm.

I would prefer them to be sold seperately. I think it also makes the most sense financially as well for us buyers. Otherwise I could see the price for these being somewhere in the 50-75 dollar range.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I agree, They have to make them bigger.

Nope not going o work NEEDS to be BIGGER.........
    I agree but that is never going to happen.
    So I will be very content with a same size Battle lion as Battle cat with a awesome head.

If Grayskull's Battle Lion was released. He would most likely be released as a two pack. Only way he wouldn't be is if they did reissue the figure with the currently softer furry shorts, and a new much softer cape. Cause the current Grayskull could never fit on a Battle Lion.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I agree, They have to make them bigger.
    MOTUC is a line without scale. Beastman should be bigger, Hordak should be bigger, Merman, Buzz-off, and Mantenna should be thinner. Teela should be shorter, Leech, Whiplash, Clawful should be hulking.

But they're all going to be the same size as they're released. Because the point of this line is generic body size, for optimum mold reuse. It's being championed everywhere else on the boards for it's true-to-80s redundancy. So Battle Lion shouldn't be any different.

I say, Battle Cat's body, new head, and 2002 armor (so I can get my 2002 Battle Cat by buying two and mixing their armor around).

I wonder if Serpos will be made????

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    I wonder if Serpos will be made????
    At this point I'd sincerely doubt we'll even get a Battle Lion, even with a pre-existing base figure. I can't even imagine Mattel finding a budget loophole to justify a brand new mold like that, for a one-shot figure *that* obscure, who is essentially the Harbinger of the end of the 2002 cartoon/toyline.

Ram Man, the *actual* Snake-Men, and Modulok should all have consideration before something like Serpos.

No real hair mane, no flocking, but yes, this could be a fantastic way to get KG again!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

YES!!!! Just do this right the heck now.

Please.

Heroic Warrior
    A Battle Lion would be a logical and a very nice addition to any collection !

I'm all for it !

Hope Mattel will produce Battlecat, Panthor, Clawdeen AND Battle Lion !

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    MOTUC is a line without scale. Beastman should be bigger, Hordak should be bigger, Merman, Buzz-off, and Mantenna should be thinner. Teela should be shorter, Leech, Whiplash, Clawful should be hulking.

But they're all going to be the same size as they're released. Because the point of this line is generic body size, for optimum mold reuse. It's being championed everywhere else on the boards for it's true-to-80s redundancy. So Battle Lion shouldn't be any different.

I say, Battle Cat's body, new head, and 2002 armor (so I can get my 2002 Battle Cat by buying two and mixing their armor around).
    I like that idea, honestly. I have no problem with the scale thus far in the line. (Especially as they keep adding in 200X and other important elements to each release.) If it means we get these awesome characters, I'm okay with it!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

With any MOTU line in this new millenium, you have to learn to take what you can get (before they kill the line). With that being said, I have been wanting a Battle Lion since that episode first aired. Battle Cat is, and has always been awesome, but a GIGANTIC FRICKIN' LION is twice as cool. If I ever get a Grayskull figure (without having to sell my mortal soul for it), I want to find a big plastic lion and paint him green, for display purposes at least. You'd think they would make one after Battle Cat, but I dunno. Either way, I'm sure they wouldn't make a new one that was in scale (It would be at least ten to fifteen inches tall) but I did take some comfort while watching the MYP He-Man today, in that I noticed Panthor was drawn as being bigger than his figure as well. Though...still not twenty feet tall... c'est la vie. Regardless of all that...

Yes. Yes I want me some big ass cats.

And an even bigger one for the King.

Mahalo,
    -JSD