Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.19!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman's Head View Post
    This bums me out.
    That's horrible news. In an age where there's 15 different Star Wars GI Joe, or Star Trek omnibuses, why can't they get these reprinted. Heck, just putting Bruce Timm's name on the front would be enough to sell a moderate amount at your local comic shop!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    LOL I thought I was the only one who thought these had a slight different feel to the answers.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    The answers definitely sound dismissive. But to be fair, it also seems that the questions (or at least the selection of questions) are put together in a way that is asking Matty for a lot more than what they have already promised or definitely said they were going to do. From this perspective, the questions are greedy and off-base.
    Are we running out of things to ask? We know loads of information about the line itself from these 19 Q and A's and what we would love to know (who's getting made, what they would look like, what features would they have, upcoming plans, etc.) probably can't be commented upon yet.

Another reason that we might be running out of things to ask might be because if there is something that most people don't like, we can't get them to change it in time. We get the first images of figures at the eleventh hour--way too late for changes, petitions or votes. Even if someone asks a question, we might get a standard "It's too late. This is the final version" answer.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 2, 2009 at 02:56pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    That's horrible news. In an age where there's 15 different Star Wars GI Joe, or Star Trek omnibuses, why can't they get these reprinted. Heck, just putting Bruce Timm's name on the front would be enough to sell a moderate amount at your local comic shop!
    I agree. I was so looking forward to a collected edition of these.

You're right about having Bruce Timm's name on it selling a certain amount too.
    Who has the Power?

Hey cool, more no, can't say, not yet, we will let you know answers.

I know part of it is the questions asked, but I'd almost rather not have answers to them than get a few of the responses we've gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    It irks me to see questions like #8, let alone Matty taking the time to answer questions like this. I know times are tough for some, but how do you expect businesses to thrive when people have this "bailout" mentality for everything.

Question #8 was one that I posted. It wasn't meant as a "bailout". If you read the whole question, it asks about a 3-4 month subscription instead of a whole year. That would be easier for some people, along with knowing which figures would be included up to that point. Of course Mattel didn't answer anything about a 3-4 figure subscription deal.....just that you can't cancel. And it shouldn't be an impossible situation, considering the 2009 subscription is for four figures.

I asked this question, because you never know what's going to happen in life. Last year, I lost my job unexpectedly, and know how tough it can be. Unemployment doesn't pay much, and to have all of that pay for action figures would be tough. I have a job now, so I'm alright....but who knows? Also, I'm at the stage where I might decide to have a child, and if/when I do, there is more money to put aside for.

So the purpose of this question was to see if we could be offered a shorter subscription than a year. I buy 2 figures each a month, but now that we HAVE to be locked in for the full year, I'm only going to buy 1 subscription and as long as the above situations don't happen, I'll be able to afford and order my additional figure on the website.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Question #8 was one that I posted. It wasn't meant as a "bailout". If you read the whole question, it asks about a 3-4 month subscription instead of a whole year. That would be easier for some people, along with knowing which figures would be included up to that point. Of course Mattel didn't answer anything about a 3-4 figure subscription deal.....just that you can't cancel. And it shouldn't be an impossible situation, considering the 2009 subscription is for four figures.

I asked this question, because you never know what's going to happen in life. Last year, I lost my job unexpectedly, and know how tough it can be. Unemployment doesn't pay much, and to have all of that pay for action figures would be tough. I have a job now, so I'm alright....but who knows? Also, I'm at the stage where I might decide to have a child, and if/when I do, there is more money to put aside for.

So the purpose of this question was to see if we could be offered a shorter subscription than a year. I buy 2 figures each a month, but now that we HAVE to be locked in for the full year, I'm only going to buy 1 subscription and as long as the above situations don't happen, I'll be able to afford and order my additional figure on the website.
    Well, again, I'm not trying to criticize anyone's situation and certainly not yours.

Maybe shorter subscriptions are something Matty needs to look in to (as you suggested in the first part of your question) as a 12 month subscription is not meant for everyone as there are many circumstances that come up. I personally won't be able to buy into the subscrition plan, but for a couple of different reasons. Instead, I will have to be on here each month on the 15th to order.

My point was that I think it is unfair to ask Matty to cancel subscriptions because it could set a dangerous precedent and potentially derail their production of this line if too many people expect to do this.

I didn't feel these had the robotic quality, and if you did then perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Are we running out of things to ask?
    I think that's absolutely a part of it. Remember when these started back up? There would EASILY be 2 pages worth of questions in the first day the thread was opened, now it seems like we're lucky to come up with that many by the time the thread gets closed for the next round.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I actually wonder if they are reading the threads and getting annoyed at all the complaining? (eg 200x sword with MAA, Webstors extra legs etc) and I really couldnt blame them, They are really setting a high standard for these figures and it seems the people they are trying to impress (and Please) are biting the hand that feeds.
    Aj

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I actually wonder if they are reading the threads and getting annoyed at all the complaining? (eg 200x sword with MAA, Webstors extra legs etc) and I really couldnt blame them, They are really setting a high standard for these figures and it seems the people they are trying to impress (and Please) are biting the hand that feeds.
    Aj
    nah... I think they know to take all of that with a grain of salt.
    The real way they gauge whether or not what they are doing is landing is by sales.
    And they're doing just fine.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    That's EXACTLY what came to my mind ! And, like somebody else noted, these answers might have been given by a Terminator (or by Faker or Horde Trooper, if you prefer) !

Yes, several questions were more production or corporate oriented this time... in other words, more "boring" to some members of the forum. But there were good reasons ! The POLICY Mattel adopts, the RESULTS of the sales etc. are the elements that are guiding the continuity (or the disruption) of the toyline. So, it's really important to know about them too...

Now, I'd like to point some things out :

2. Will Mattel be celebrating 2002 MOTU's 10th anniversary in 2012?
    Right now we’re focused on 2009.
    Comment : This isn't optimistic at all ! It does sound even grim... On one hand, there were some statements about Faceless One in May 2011, and on the other hand, we have this statement... I'm sorry to say this, but it almost gave me the feeling that Mattel doesn't really want to see this line past 2009... While we were told in previous WTFWTK Q&A that Battlecat and one POP figure were in the works for extreme end of 2009 or beginning of 2010, that more unique characters with more tooling wouldn't come before 2010, now they're only "focused on 2009" ? Once again, there's a huge paradox, and this answer leaves me shuddering...

5. How many new figures will debut at the 2009 SDCC show?
    We are still deciding which figures will be shown, but at least six will be at Comic-Con as well as Battle Cat.
    Comment : This is probably the only positive note in this WTFWTK. Now, I hope that we will not only see these figs at SDCC, but also that they will somehow get PRODUCED and SOLD !

7. What percentage of figures are sold to US residents versus international residents, and what countries buy the most MOTUC figures?
    It is Mattel’s policy not to disclose sales figures.
    Comment : We have here one more proof that Mattel just DOESN'T WANT to let us know about what's going on ! We didn't asked for precise NUMBERS, AND FIGURES, for Heaven's sake ! We just requested some percentages and a short list with the best selling countries ! We almost got the "national security reason" or "classified top secret document" type of answer. It is extremely clear to me that Mattel doesn't want to help international customers with their interrogations and problems. The whole point was to try to prove the need of another website for the sale of the MOTUC figures (in Europe, for instance), which would lighten the online flow, avoid traffic jams on the date of the release of a figure, and lessen the costs (shipping & handling, custom taxes) for international fans. Once again, it seems that Mattel just doesn't want and refuses to let us know even the slightest bit about this !

8. Due to the economic instability right now in the US and other countries, will Mattel offer something like a three or four-figure subscription feature and/or a way to cancel a subscription? It could prove detrimental to some fans to be locked into a commitment if something unforeseen were to happen like a job loss.
    No, unfortunalty because production will be based on the pre order subscriptions we can not offer a cancelation option. Once you purchase a subscription you are locked in.
    Comment : Well, at least that makes ONE thing VERY clear : you won't have the choice once you have a subscription ! Long live "democracy", right ? Once you've got your subscription, you are BOUND to get whatever is released for the year or half-year to come ! AND this has also to be related to THIS :

4. If each figure continues to sell out quickly, will Mattel consider offering two figures in the same releasing date? This way we can get more characters in less time and save on shipping as well.
    For months when we have a “bonus” figure,” whether a repaint or a reissue, it will go on sale the same day as a standard figure of the month.
    SO, let's make this clear : now that the subscription system is on, Mattel FINALLY ADMITS that there will be REPAINTS !!! Will these repaints be included in the subscription ??? That's the BIG question, my friends, and I'm particularly afraid to see what will happen after 2009 (if the line actually survives past 2009)... I'm already frightened to see the repaints/variants catastrophe, which we experienced with the 200X line, repeat itself ! I didn't take a subscription and prefered to wait a little. Now I know I was VERY WISE to do so !

I want to remain positive and optimistic, and I want this line to be such a success and to see it grow for years and years !

But it appears that there are dark clouds hovering ahead...
    Last edited by Spectror; June 2, 2009 at 08:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post

SO, let's make this clear : now that the subscription system is on, Mattel FINALLY ADMITS that there will be REPAINTS !!! Will these repaints be included in the subscription ??? That's the BIG question, my friends
    Geez, dramatic much?

He says they're BONUS figures. Mattel said about 10 times already bonus figures WOULD NOT be in the subscriptions. Stop having a heart attack over a toyline and get your facts straight before you start ranting about dark clouds and dismal futures.

Your "big question" isn't a question at all.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Comment : Well, at least that makes ONE thing VERY clear : you won't have the choice once you have a subscription ! Long live "democracy", right ? [B][U]Once you've got your subscription, you are BOUND to get whatever is released for the year or half-year to come !
    Honestly, I think it would be one big mess if they allowed folks to back out of the subscription, and so I can't fault them for wanting to 'lock in' everyone. Imagine if they allowed it...Some people would probably stop the subscription as soon as there was a character they didn't want, and then complain if there was no way to restart the subscription/if they missed out on future characters.

Not to be rude, but anyone signing up for the subscription should have some sort of safety net with their funds. If someone is stretched very thin or thinks there's even a possibility they might not be able to afford it, why not just place orders the standard way?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Comment : We have here one more proof that Mattel just DOESN'T WANT to let us know about what's going on ! We didn't asked for precise NUMBERS, AND FIGURES, for Heaven's sake ! We just requested some percentages and a short list with the best selling countries ! We almost got the "national security reason" or "classified top secret document" type of answer. It is extremely clear to me that Mattel doesn't want to help international customers with their interrogations and problems. The whole point was to try to prove the need of another website for the sale of the MOTUC figures (in Europe, for instance), which would lighten the online flow, avoid traffic jams on the date of the release of a figure, and lessen the costs (shipping & handling, custom taxes) for international fans. Once again, it seems that Mattel just doesn't want and refuses to let us know even the slightest bit about this !
    Well, Mattel wasn't shy about talking about percentages of orders who ordered certain amounts of figures before as justification for not lowering the maximum amount of figures allowed to be ordered in one order.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    This subscription system wouldn't even be an issue for us fans if Mattel was smart enough to just set up a pre order option to begin with! Who wants to be locked in for 12 months without knowing what you are going to get? My biggest fear is that Mattel is buttering us all up with Hordak/Man At Arms (and all these extras like the 200x sword and Warrior Ring) only to pull that old "rising cost of production" line and stick us with a years worth of Zodac's (bare bones, cheapest figures like adam, stinkor mossman...) But because we are stupid enough to follow them blindly like the fanboys we are, we can't do a damn thing but complain while Mattel runs off with our $240...When they are (1) unwilling to tell us what we are getting, (2) unwilling to make the subscription period shorter what am I supposed to think about them? Trust Mattel? From Mattel's answers, it seams like they are more concerned with making money then having happy customers and making money (Gleek @ SDCC is another symptom)...A simple monthly pre order system would belay that fear, making happy customers who are pleased with what they are getting!I cannot see any other reason not to have a pre order system...Every other online retailer has a pre order system in place. When asked about "WHY" they don't, they refuse to answer the question. Mattel's double talk is akin to political filibuster tactics. It's dishonest because they know it's self serving but they can't admit it because they would look worse.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post

I know part of it is the questions asked, but I'd almost rather not have answers to them than get a few of the responses we've gotten.
    So you'd prefer more "You never know" as opposed to straight up honesty with a "No"? Sounds like you're not OK with either answer, so would you rather just have them say "No comment." Yeah, like THAT wouldn't tick fans off!

Not to single you out personally, but I don't think people should get so angry when the answer to a question is "No." Sure it's disappointing, but I respect them for being honest with us when they could easily, let's say for the mini-comic collection, have said "It's still a possibility." It would still be true because it obviously COULD happen at some point in the future, even if it's 10 years from now, but if they said that it would have gotten fans' hopes up for something very very soon. I think it's cool that instead they're being honest even when they know it's not going to make everyone happy. At least this way we know not to be holding our breath for something, and if we REALLY want it then we've got a heads up to become more vocal about it!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Actually March in spanish is Marzo. Hope we can see Count Marzo next year, 'cuz if September's Evil (Webstor), October's good (Teela?), november's evil, Dec09 Good, Jan2010 Evil, Feb2010 good(BC??), March Evil= Count Marzo... see a pattern here? I hope so
    Also i really expect to know at least half 2010's line-up before august so i can trust in buying the subscription
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Regarding the subscription, weren't a lot of folks begging for that for quite awhile? Now we have one and people are complaining about not getting to see all the character selections for the year, even though most of us knew approx. how far in advance Mattel shows the figures. I dunno. They already said bonus figures (i.e. repaints) aren't going to be part of the subscription plan, and I'm planning to get each and every standard character anyway, so this doesn't really affect me. I think that's how people should view the subscription..."I'm planning to get all the standard characters anyway."

The only thing that would tick me off, is if there was no POP at all in 2010.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvertz View Post
    Actually March in spanish is Marzo.
    in italian too

That stinks that there will be no Bravestarr figure! Oh well!!

There were some ok answers but it seemed like these were answered rather quickly.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

That's EXACTLY what came to my mind ! And, like somebody else noted, these answers might have been given by a Terminator (or by Faker or Horde Trooper, if you prefer) !

Yes, several questions were more production or corporate oriented this time... in other words, more "boring" to some members of the forum. But there were good reasons ! The POLICY Mattel adopts, the RESULTS of the sales etc. are the elements that are guiding the continuity (or the disruption) of the toyline. So, it's really important to know about them too...

Now, I'd like to point some things out :

Comment : This isn't optimistic at all ! It does sound even grim... On one hand, there were some statements about Faceless One in May 2011, and on the other hand, we have this statement... I'm sorry to say this, but it almost gave me the feeling that Mattel doesn't really want to see this line past 2009... While we were told in previous WTFWTK Q&A that Battlecat and one POP figure were in the works for extreme end of 2009 or beginning of 2010, that more unique characters with more tooling wouldn't come before 2010, now they're only "focused on 2009" ? Once again, there's a huge paradox, and this answer leaves me shuddering...

Comment : This is probably the only positive note in this WTFWTK. Now, I hope that we will not only see these figs at SDCC, but also that they will somehow get PRODUCED and SOLD !

Comment : Well, at least that makes ONE thing VERY clear : you won't have the choice once you have a subscription ! Long live "democracy", right ? Once you've got your subscription, you are BOUND to get whatever is released for the year or half-year to come ! AND this has also to be related to THIS :

SO, let's make this clear : now that the subscription system is on, Mattel FINALLY ADMITS that there will be REPAINTS !!! Will these repaints be included in the subscription ??? That's the BIG question, my friends, and I'm particularly afraid to see what will happen after 2009 (if the line actually survives past 2009)... I'm already frightened to see the repaints/variants catastrophe, which we experienced with the 200X line, repeat itself ! I didn't take a subscription and prefered to wait a little. Now I know I was VERY WISE to do so !

I want to remain positive and optimistic, and I want this line to be such a success and to see it grow for years and years !

But it appears that there are dark clouds hovering ahead...
    Hey man, I'm sorry, but there are just a lot of things in your post that DO NOT make any sense:

1. You talk about them not wanting to see the line last past 2009. Why would any company ever want to end a line that is selling out?! Do you have any idea how rare sell outs are? MOTUC is a bigger cash cow than they ever anticipated, and companies are all about making cash.

2. All they said about 2009 is that they are focused on it. That does not mean they've forgotten about or stopped planning for anything beyond that. That's all. No need to shudder.

3. Regarding them not disclosing sales figures of any kind: That is nothing new, and that is standard policy for many, many companies, if not most. They're not trying to screw us with that answer, they're trying to protect themselves just like any other corporation would and probably should.

4. Regarding the subscription service and democracy: The subscription service is what it is. If you don't like it, don't sign up for it. We have that choice because of democracy. I signed up for it even though I'm not nuts about the format either, but that's my democratic choice.

5. Repaints: This is not new news, neither is the fact that they'll be considered bonus figures.

Sorry to go off on you, but the line really is ok, so just don't stress! We all want the line to continue for years to come, and NO ONE wants that more than Mattel since they benefit from a successfull MOTU toy line more than anyone else involved, and that's exactly what MOTUC is, so they've got no reason whatsoever to cancel it.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, Mern-Ra,

If YOU think that "everything is OK", and that all Mattel does is honest and proper, well, that's YOUR opinion, and you're intitled to it !

It's certainly not mine though... And I have as many rights as you do to express my opinions and concerns.

And I'm happy to see that there are some people who share the same concerns as I do (see Lord Fallen Eldor).

I really lack trust regarding Mattel, and I have good reasons. Their repeated marketing bloopers (and yes, no pre-order option, only one website to sell from worldwide and the subscription diktat ARE huge marketing mistakes) and the way they're used to abruptly disrupt a beloved line, plus their denials of their own mistakes (cf. the server problems and the Mer-Man debacle) are not to reassure me.

You say that "this line sells out fast"... Maybe, BUT you also have to take into consideration that MOTUC is in NO WAY a real priority for Mattel ! It's a nice gift to the fans, but the profits coming from this line are nothing in comparison with other brands that are mass produced and sold in stores. So I don't think it would be a problem for Mattel to stop everything abruptly once more. They did it with the 1980's MOTU line. They did it with the NA line. AND they did it once again with the 200X line. These are FACTS.

Don't get me wrong : I really LOVE each figure that was released, I think the 4 Horsemen's work is AMAZING, and I really want this line to be a success... But I now understand very clearly that the sucess of the line doesn't only rests on OUR shoulders. Mattel has a HUGE role in there too. And the way the guys at Mattel behave doesn't leave me with a very positive impression. Now, if you speak to the 4 Horsemen or Emiliano or people who actually care for MOTU and for the fans (and fortunately, there are still some great people like that at Mattel), that's another story. But it is very clear that the big fishes at Mattel aren't really into MOTU. Their main (ans maybe ONLY) concern is to make money.

I just hope and pray real hard that the line will go over 2009, and will survive 2010.

Well, Mern-Ra,

If YOU think that "everything is OK", and that all Mattel does is honest and proper, well, that's YOUR opinion, and you're intitled to it !

It's certainly not mine though... And I have as many rights as you do to express my opinions and concerns.

And I'm happy to see that there are some people who share the same concerns as I do (see Lord Fallen Eldor).

I really lack trust regarding Mattel, and I have good reasons. Their repeated marketing bloopers (and yes, no pre-order option, only one website to sell from worldwide and the subscription diktat ARE huge marketing mistakes) and the way they're used to abruptly disrupt a beloved line, plus their denials of their own mistakes (cf. the server problems and the Mer-Man debacle) are not to reassure me.

You say that "this line sells out fast"... Maybe, BUT you also have to take into consideration that MOTUC is in NO WAY a real priority for Mattel ! It's a nice gift to the fans, but the profits coming from this line are nothing in comparison with other brands that are mass produced and sold in stores. So I don't think it would be a problem for Mattel to stop everything abruptly once more. They did it with the 1980's MOTU line. They did it with the NA line. AND they did it once again with the 200X line. These are FACTS.

Don't get me wrong : I really LOVE each figure that was released, I think the 4 Horsemen's work is AMAZING, and I really want this line to be a success... But I now understand very clearly that the sucess of the line doesn't only rests on OUR shoulders. Mattel has a HUGE role in there too. And the way the guys at Mattel behave doesn't leave me with a very positive impression. Now, if you speak to the 4 Horsemen or Emiliano or people who actually care for MOTU and for the fans (and fortunately, there are still some great people like that at Mattel), that's another story. But it is very clear that the big fishes at Mattel aren't really into MOTU. Their main (ans maybe ONLY) concern is to make money.

I just hope and pray real hard that the line will go over 2009, and will survive 2010.
    Seriously, how are you even comparing the cancellation of the original MOTU line with potentially why the new MOTUC line would be cancelled--if ever there were rumors circulating about it? Why are you even talking about this now?

So what if MOTUC is not as large as Barbie, Transformers, or whatever? We've already come a loooong way from when we first heard that Mattel was going to make a MOTU Classics line in 2008 to now (just over a year). You are honestly so cynical of Mattel that you can't see the line finishing 2009?!?!?!

Heroic Warrior
    I said it was my FEELING, by the way the Mattel rep who was asked the question worded his answers, that the Mattel guys weren't really willing to look into the future regarding MOTUC and just wanted to focus on 2009, and that feels very weird, especially after being told about some figs (Battlecat and one POP figure) for 2010 and Faceless One for 2011 or 2012...

I didn't compare MOTUC to the original MOTU line or to NA or to 200X. I said all the MOTU lines so far ended abruptly, which is a FACT.

I have no problems with people who think everything is rosy. But if some serious problems arise in a lil' while, don't be surprised if I write "I told you so" ! I just hope my gut-feeling is not correct... but I've followed Mattel for decades now, and didn't always like what I saw !

On the other hand, 4 Horsemen are the kings for MOTUC figures, and I pray that all will be well...

I said it was my FEELING, by the way the Mattel rep who was asked the question worded his answers, that the Mattel guys weren't really willing to look into the future regarding MOTUC and just wanted to focus on 2009, and that feels very weird, especially after being told about some figs (Battlecat and one POP figure) for 2010 and Faceless One for 2011 or 2012...

I didn't compare MOTUC to the original MOTU line or to NA or to 200X. I said all the MOTU lines so far ended abruptly, which is a FACT.

I have no problems with people who think everything is rosy. But if some serious problems arise in a lil' while, don't be surprised if I write "I told you so" ! I just hope my gut-feeling is not correct... but I've followed Mattel for decades now, and didn't always like what I saw !

On the other hand, 4 Horsemen are the kings for MOTUC figures, and I pray that all will be well...
    Certainly everything is open to interpretation... but I think the "we are focused on 2009" answer was a way of saying "we have no plans for the 200X anniversary in 2012". But that is far enough away that they may feel differently by then.

Obviously there are plans for beyond 2009.
    They are showing 7 figures or so at SDCC in six weeks, so certainly they are working at least in 2010.
    Like I said, though, you may interpret things differently and that's ok.
    Bill :: guitargod694