Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wun-Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    ahh, yes.... but that wouldn't be savage He-man now would it? Savage He-man would have no armor, wristbands, boots, weapons, or belt. He'd be wearing nothing but his furry undies, and carrying a spear. so yes, mostly naked & very plain looking.... not at all appealing to me.

that is, if WB & savage He-man are one & the same.

Seriously, come on people.... anyone can paint zodac's armor & gun black & put it on their He-man. They don't need to waste money on something that we all can make ourselves. to me the WB He-man looks like a foreign knock off. they certainly don't need to waste their time making that when there's so many legitimate characters to make.
    But then they wouldn't have red armor for Zodac to wear.

Anyway, if we're saying that, we could also say anyone could have painted a He-Man blue and Skeletor armor orange, too, so there was no need for Faker. We could say that about a lot of characters given the reuse of parts that MOTU is famous for, but that's not really the point.

Many people find WonderBread He-Man legitimate, and some probably find him more legitimate than, say, the Green Goddess. It's just opinion, and "legitimate" is a relative term.

There's an undeniable history with WB He-Man, though. He's a part of the mythos, and that means lots of people want to see him in MOTUC. I guess it's up to Mattel to decide if that's legit enough to produce him.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    While I love the idea of a "Savage" He-Man, as a nod to the original ideas for MOTU, what if the real name given was not Wun-Dar, but Musclor, the name given to He-Man in France, I believe?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Many people find WonderBread He-Man legitimate, and some probably find him more legitimate than, say, the Green Goddess. It's just opinion, and "legitimate" is a relative term.

There's an undeniable history with WB He-Man, though. He's a part of the mythos, and that means lots of people want to see him in MOTUC. I guess it's up to Mattel to decide if that's legit enough to produce him.
    IMO, it's not really legit enough to produce. At what point does He-man wear Zodac's armor, or use anything but his own weapons? As far as the semi-nude He-man, yeah a couple illustrations, but then he gets geared up, and looks just like the He-man we got.

IMO, there is no 'history' for WB HM, unless you count a 'rumor' from 20+ yrs ago no one seems able to confirm, since nobody seems to know if it's even real. Even Mattel doesn't seem to know, and they're the ones who supposedly made the thing!! So how can it be 'legit' then? IMO, he's in the same league as Photog, an idea that got dropped & never fully realized, for good reason. Green goddess, isn't even a 'real' character either, since she was called 'sorceress' in the mini. And obviously became Teela when the toys got made.
    sorry, but I'll never understand the obsession over these 'pre motu' characters... when there's so many other much better 'real' motu ones to focus on.

sorry, the tribal caveman He-man will never be the 'real' He-man in my eyes. Maybe if that idea had been used in some other media besides the old minis, then i'd have a different opinion perhaps. It's nothing more than an old concept that got scrapped when the cartoons came out. good thing too... one conan the barbarian is more than enough imo.

but, i guess if it get made, more power to you.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

To me, Savage/WB He-Man is as cool and funny as Pimp Daddy Destro. Of course, PDD has a revealed past (being a repaint that a designer thought would be cool, but the paint job was recalled mid-way) so he isn't as mysterious. Nonetheless, PDD was included as a Joecon exclusive, and folks really liked it. It wasn't amazing, and was by no means a must have by all, but it was a cool nod to something that had nothing to do with G.I. Joe other than being some obscure repaint that had very little store time.

This He-Man is the same. He's not a part of the story or anything, but he's still some oddity that piques people's interests. I'd want him just 'cause he's funny looking and he's very basic. Same reason I'd totally want a Disco Skeletor repaint for this line, but, that's just me. I've always been one to go for the strange figures!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    To me, Savage/WB He-Man is as cool and funny as Pimp Daddy Destro. Of course, PDD has a revealed past (being a repaint that a designer thought would be cool, but the paint job was recalled mid-way) so he isn't as mysterious. Nonetheless, PDD was included as a Joecon exclusive, and folks really liked it. It wasn't amazing, and was by no means a must have by all, but it was a cool nod to something that had nothing to do with G.I. Joe other than being some obscure repaint that had very little store time.

This He-Man is the same. He's not a part of the story or anything, but he's still some oddity that piques people's interests. I'd want him just 'cause he's funny looking and he's very basic. Same reason I'd totally want a Disco Skeletor repaint for this line, but, that's just me. I've always been one to go for the strange figures!
    I feel the same... I'd like to get one just for the oddity of it.
    Plus I love that black Zodak armor.
    But you can count me out for the disco skeletor!
    That one probably isn't just you... but close.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I feel the same... I'd like to get one just for the oddity of it.
    Plus I love that black Zodak armor.
    But you can count me out for the disco skeletor!
    That one probably isn't just you... but close.
    I'm used to it! Nonetheless, I proudly stand next to poor Disco Skeletor. It's not his fault he drank too much and fell asleep around his subordinates. Sometimes, a little metallic spraypaint and a sleeping overlord goes a long way!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

perhaps they will make him a whole new character , not he-man at all or from another dimension , after all. MOTUC is from the toys, not filmation , or comics or any other continuity so if he was one of theres even a prototype then he is fare game to makeand with new bios and canon evolving with each new figure they can make him who ever they want
    Eternian Beastmaster

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man of the future, after he's left Eternia, and joined with the Cosmic Enforcers.

he has gained new powers, hence the color change in his hair.

Elder Councilman
    I decided to hit up the USPTO myself to check up on Eldor, and couldn't find anything...but where things got weird was...I can't find Wun-Dar on there, either!

Scratch that...I found it! Oh yeah, I also found a trademark for She-Ra while I was at it

Clawful, too! And I'm still browsing to find more
    Last edited by KingRandor82; June 18, 2009 at 06:58am.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Wow, nothing since 2009....

I just bought a loose but complete Wun-Dar from BBTS for $40 without the map, I know he's an exclusive, and I kind of really wanted him.

Thing I want to know is, is the $40 worth it? I kind of think so, since at the moment now, a carded on Ebay for $128. I just really wish he
    at least had the backer card. I wonder if someone would have this later if I should so choose to buy it. I would assume $40 is a great price
    for Wun-Dar, even though he's loose.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

I just bought a loose but complete Wun-Dar from BBTS for $40 without the map, I know he's an exclusive, and I kind of really wanted him.

Thing I want to know is, is the $40 worth it? I kind of think so, since at the moment now, a carded on Ebay for $128. I just really wish he
    at least had the backer card. I wonder if someone would have this later if I should so choose to buy it. I would assume $40 is a great price
    Yep that is a very good price, I think I paid $50 for my MOC one in 2010? And he has steadily went up in price as he has become more sought after.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    As long as the figure is in good condition, and contains his accessories, I think it is a great deal! A loose one sold on January 2nd on eBay for $79! MOC versions have been selling in the $110 range very recently.

I bought mine for $50 MIB with the map, but I opened him anyways. I think $40 bucks is a pretty good deal, since he isn't as mass produced as a lot of other figures.

So you were the one that got him? I saw Wun-Dar on BBTS yesterday in the Vintage area and just couldn't pull the trigger. I was also tempted by the loose complete Scareglow for $30 but just couldn't justify a second one right now.

I never buy loose figures except a Mo-Larr Skeletor & the TRU Stratos, but the Skeletor came with the bio, the Stratos I wasn't worried about too much. But I love the packaging, so it's really rare I'll buy a figure without it, no matter how much I want it. But for $40 I didn't see how I'd go wrong, I was just curious if it was a good deal, simply because all I see are MOSC ones, and usually they have the map.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    As long as the figure is in good condition, and contains his accessories, I think it is a great deal! A loose one sold on January 2nd on eBay for $79! MOC versions have been selling in the $110 range very recently.
    I was surprised, even loose he was $40, and complete, figure wise, just no map. Hopefully I can find a map and a card back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I bought mine for $50 MIB with the map, but I opened him anyways. I think $40 bucks is a pretty good deal, since he isn't as mass produced as a lot of other figures.
    I assume you tossed the card back then? And I'll have to try to locate a map sometime eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by aey103 View Post
    So you were the one that got him? I saw Wun-Dar on BBTS yesterday in the Vintage area and just couldn't pull the trigger. I was also tempted by the loose complete Scareglow for $30 but just couldn't justify a second one right now.
    I was just flipping through the Classics pages like I do everyday, and I saw him there, pondered for like an hour because he was loose, then pulled the trigger. I have wanted him, he is complete aside from the map and a card back, and being $40....I kind of just had to. That is why I wanted to know about his deal....All I see are MOSC ones, I didn't know if $40 was good or not, as I usually never buy loose figures.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Widget
    i will be in new york from 3/23 to 4/2 and wundar is still around 40-50 $ in germany. and i would take a wundar to new york ..and trade for a fisto

I just paid $60 for a MOC 2 weeks ago.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

$40 for a loose Wun-Dar is a good deal, IMO. That's pretty much what I paid for him and that's comparable to what Netossa cost me this month. I recently acquired a Map of Eternia at a good price so it's possible to find one if you look around!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    $40 for a loose Wun-Dar is a good deal, IMO. That's pretty much what I paid for him and that's comparable to what Netossa cost me this month. I recently acquired a Map of Eternia at a good price so it's possible to find one if you look around!
    I was hoping so, I never buy a loose figure unless mainly it's part of a set I don't want, so I wasn't sure the going rate of loose figures like Wun-Dar, usually I pay what is half the set for the single figure....$15 - $20 like the TRU Stratos & the Mo-Larr Skeletor. And I would only buy a loose Starla, but likely I would pay less than $20 for her, I do not want the other two, but I could buy the set for $40 from BBTS, and if I wait I could likely get her less, or find them cheaper.

But a figure like Wun-Dar is much different.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I just paid $60 for a MOC 2 weeks ago.
    Where did you get it so cheap, I just bought one MOC off EBay for 115
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161