Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

Come check it out won't you?

My He-Ro review on AFI

SpyMagician

Mern-Ra's review later on in this thread

Heroic Warrior
    So it's the sword of HE, not the sword of life?

The Sword of He!? You've got to be kidding me!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Great review! I find it funny that…they chose concept art of He-Ro with him holding a weapon with a BIG G on it…as in Gray…his real name. This figure looks better and better each time I see it! Can't wait!!! The Sword of He…sounds as if Mattel's trying to give more meaning behind the name "He" that's in both He-Ro and He-Man's names. But then the question arises… WHO or WHAT exactly is HE??
    Last edited by chuc98; June 10, 2009 at 12:19am.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

No comment on the sword of "He"- but interesting that the sword of "error" made it into sample versions of the figure. Strange...?

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Cool! Thanks for the link!

I can't believe that the only difference is that cheesy sticker! But that's okay for me, I won't be at SDCC, and now I know I'm not missing anything I care to have, so I'm perfectly content to order the figure online! ^_^

BTW, posting this because people have been wanting to see a good shot of it here on the forums... hope that's okay...

"The Sword of He"? Oh geez...

But anyway.... now everyone can read the bio. That picture of He-Ro on it doesn't look right... the symbol on his chest is completely different.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone else mentioned the alternate character art... and that the symbol is a stylized "G"... for his ORIGINAL secret identity, "Gray"...

...and after thinking about it, maybe Mattel had originally planned to delve into the backstory of Castle GRAYskull in that line that never happened? And maybe the introduction of King Grayskull and his backstory screwed up their plans for He-Ro's story, and maybe that's why they changed it?
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; June 10, 2009 at 12:19am.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

I want that Black Power Sword. Is the review of a error prototype? Is that why it has the black sword? Man...

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    IMO, ANOTHER epic fail on the bio!

Who writes this stuff? Good God people, let Val and Emiliano write the remainder of the Bios.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I love the 'sword of He' concept, it has overtones of 'Chi' which is lifeforce, they may be manufacturing a historical 'Ancient Eternian' language, and maybe 'He' means Power?
    Suddenly the Bios have my complete respect!
    aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Great review. Once again, thanks for sharing.

He-Ro looks pretty outstanding, and he's definitely worthy of 20+ years of waiting and buildup.

I guess the people who were disappointed about the change in the color for the "Sword of He" can still maybe get their hands on the one they wanted if the samples sent out have the darker one.

Court Magician
    Is the sticker is non removable or what?

lol He Ro looks like an attendee with a SDCC badge LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I love the 'sword of He' concept, it has overtones of 'Chi' which is lifeforce, they may be manufacturing a historical 'Ancient Eternian' language, and maybe 'He' means Power?
    Suddenly the Bios have my complete respect!
    aj
    I was a bit "unsure" of the Sword of He name (kind of took me off guard) but I must say, your little bit of fan fiction drew me in. I'm good with it now and think it will end up being a cool end result. So many simple possibilities that I just makes me want to know more

#1 Meteorb Fan!
    I love everything about He-ro except the concept art photo that they used for his bio. I would have preferred it if they used this photo that at least is closer to what the actual figure looks like..including the weapon.

The "Sword of He" immediately made me think of something more appropriate for the Tar Swamp- lol. Ohhh boy.
    Last edited by River; June 10, 2009 at 01:01am.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I can't find anything redeeming or all that intriguing in that bio beyond the Eldor name-drop.

The figure itself is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I love everything about He-ro except the concept art photo that they used for his bio. I would have preferred it if they used this photo that at least is closer to what the actual figure looks like..including the weapon.
    I think that would have been more fitting, too, but my guess is they wanted to give a nod to hardcore MOTU-ness by using the relatively-unseen concept art.

As chuc98 said, though, it's kinda funny the picture they used has the G on it when there's no G associated with him anymore. D'oh!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Very cool BIO. The Sword of He is very interesting. I like the name they gave to the sword.
    I like the storyline in MOTUC.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Ok if He-Ro has the "Sword of He", I wonder if She-Ra's bio will mention a "Sword of She"? And since He-Ro's real name is now "Ro" then I'm guessing She-Ra's real name will now be "Ra" perhaps?
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    "The Sword of He", LOL
    I think that is terrible.

I am still a supporter of the bios and real names however. I think it's mostly fine other than the 'sword of he' concept. I also refuse to accept that the sword doesn't originate on Eternia, and I don't like all this overlords of trolla business. I think Trolla stinks.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; June 10, 2009 at 01:02am.

The bio's are a bit of a joke IMO, but I'm not gonna make a big fuss about it, because it's just getting tossed in the trash, and I never have to think about it again. Sword of He

Sword of He = Awesome.

Sounds like 'He' might be some sort of power or maybe even a god. Definitely gives more weight to the names He-Man and He-Ro.

Very nice! I would have liked to have a blue gem also, but I still dig it. I'll be buying my limit at SDCC.

How did you get a gray sword He-Ro?

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    How did you get a gray sword He-Ro?
    Go back and read the whole review again:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyMagician
    He-Ro also includes a translucent Power Sword with a silver speckle paint-op that mimics a starfield. Early samples include a clear gray Power Sword, while the final production version will have a clear blue Power Sword, reminiscent of the Power Sword included with the vintage Masters of the Universe Weapons Pack.
    He received one of the early samples, which Mattel has been sending out to reviewers to generate early buzz about the figure, something they do with most of the MOTUC figures.

As ToyGuru explained in another thread, the clear gray color used on those early samples was caused by a FACTORY ERROR, because the intent has ALWAYS been that the final product would be CLEAR BLUE.

So, if you want the clear gray sword instead, for some reason, be prepared to check eBay FREQUENTLY for one of those early samples to be listed, and be prepared to pay LOTS of money to get one! It would seem there's only a few of that variation floating around, and several people on this forum have expressed an interest in owning one, so you know what that means: BIDDING. WAR!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    *rolling with the Sword of He*

The figure looks awesome, and the more I think about it, I wonder if they'd use the body's sculpt for NA He-Man.

I agree, King Grayskull may have affected the plans for his original origin (and name) being used. Also, it makes sense that such an ancient weapon would undergo name changes over the ages.

*anticipates an explanation of the Sword of Protection*