Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

Come check it out won't you?

My He-Ro review on AFI

SpyMagician

Mern-Ra's review later on in this thread

Heroic Warrior
    So it's the sword of HE, not the sword of life?

The Sword of He!? You've got to be kidding me!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

No comment on the sword of "He"- but interesting that the sword of "error" made it into sample versions of the figure. Strange...?

I want that Black Power Sword. Is the review of a error prototype? Is that why it has the black sword? Man...

Great review! I find it funny that…they chose concept art of He-Ro with him holding a weapon with a BIG G on it…as in Gray…his real name. This figure looks better and better each time I see it! Can't wait!!! The Sword of He…sounds as if Mattel's trying to give more meaning behind the name "He" that's in both He-Ro and He-Man's names. But then the question arises… WHO or WHAT exactly is HE??
    Last edited by chuc98; June 10, 2009 at 12:19am.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Great review! I find it funny that…they chose concept art of He-Ro with him holding a weapon with a BIG G on it…as in Gray…his real name.
    The G didn't stand for Gray. It was for Grayskull, the character original name before Mattel changed it to He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The G didn't stand for Gray. It was for Grayskull, the character original name before Mattel changed it to He-Ro.
    So He-ro was originaly Grayskull? And it was his power Adam channelled to become He-man?
    That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    So He-ro was originaly Grayskull? And it was his power Adam channelled to become He-man?
    That's pretty cool.
    Yep, we've been saying that for ages
    That's why we didn't liked King Grayskull so much and we like less having the 2 characters split.
    They were the same concept, but Mattel chose to ignore He-Ro int eh MYP series and just create a new version of the smae guy, taking away all was unique to him and making him a more powerful He-Man clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Ahh! Ok…but still, they could have chosen some art that's closer to what the character actually looks like. Keeping what you've said in mind and keeping this new "story line" that Mattel is creating in mind…why would He-Ro have a weapon on it with Grayskull's initial? ESPECIALLY if he's the first to have the "power" granted to him. According to the bio, He-Ro passes the power sword on to Grayskull.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Nice to see some pictures and a review. I'm hoping Mattel will be sending out official review samples, though. I can't wait to give my review!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Cool! Thanks for the link!

I can't believe that the only difference is that cheesy sticker! But that's okay for me, I won't be at SDCC, and now I know I'm not missing anything I care to have, so I'm perfectly content to order the figure online! ^_^

BTW, posting this because people have been wanting to see a good shot of it here on the forums... hope that's okay...

"The Sword of He"? Oh geez...

But anyway.... now everyone can read the bio. That picture of He-Ro on it doesn't look right... the symbol on his chest is completely different.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone else mentioned the alternate character art... and that the symbol is a stylized "G"... for his ORIGINAL secret identity, "Gray"...

...and after thinking about it, maybe Mattel had originally planned to delve into the backstory of Castle GRAYskull in that line that never happened? And maybe the introduction of King Grayskull and his backstory screwed up their plans for He-Ro's story, and maybe that's why they changed it?
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; June 10, 2009 at 12:19am.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    IMO, ANOTHER epic fail on the bio!

Who writes this stuff? Good God people, let Val and Emiliano write the remainder of the Bios.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Court Magician
    Is the sticker is non removable or what?

lol He Ro looks like an attendee with a SDCC badge LOL LOL

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Good God people, let Val and Emiliano write the remainder of the Bios.
    I agree completely. The stuff coming out on these bios is getting laughable, really, which is why I'm totally ignoring them now. I just hope they don't use this as a template for a new toon or storyline down the road.

As far as the "G" goes, I always assumed that stood for Grayskull, not Gray. Since he was to transform from Gray to He-Ro in the old story, I was under the impression he had a dual identity like Adam.

A great review for the figure. As far as the controversy mentioned, I'm in the camp that's glad they left the ab crunch exposed and functional. If both the chest and abdomen are painted to match, I don't see the problem. Take off the armor and it looks like he's wearing an undershirt.

I'm still very happy with the way the figure turned out. It was worth waiting 20 plus years to get this character done this well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Really is Skeletor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Good God people, let Val and Emiliano write the remainder of the Bios.
    Just wanted to note my agreement with this statement too. I know it won't happen unfortunately, but if it did I think things would be so much better.
    Tyler J Maciolek

Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23 View Post
    Just wanted to note my agreement with this statement too. I know it won't happen unfortunately, but if it did I think things would be so much better.
    I love Val and Emiliano, but I'd like to seem them team up with someone who doesn't know anything about MOTU to co-write the bios. I think combining someone with a fresh take and tempering it with their knowledge and instinct would give us the best mythos for MOTUC.

I really dont pay any attention to all the new Bio's. I take into account all canons of MOTU mytho's and make my own Timeline and Storyline. He-Ro will be Gray and his sword will be the Sword of Eternia. To Defend and Protect all Evil that fills the lands of Eternia.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Great review. Once again, thanks for sharing.

He-Ro looks pretty outstanding, and he's definitely worthy of 20+ years of waiting and buildup.

I guess the people who were disappointed about the change in the color for the "Sword of He" can still maybe get their hands on the one they wanted if the samples sent out have the darker one.

#1 Meteorb Fan!
    I love everything about He-ro except the concept art photo that they used for his bio. I would have preferred it if they used this photo that at least is closer to what the actual figure looks like..including the weapon.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I can't find anything redeeming or all that intriguing in that bio beyond the Eldor name-drop.

The figure itself is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I love everything about He-ro except the concept art photo that they used for his bio. I would have preferred it if they used this photo that at least is closer to what the actual figure looks like..including the weapon.
    I think that would have been more fitting, too, but my guess is they wanted to give a nod to hardcore MOTU-ness by using the relatively-unseen concept art.

As chuc98 said, though, it's kinda funny the picture they used has the G on it when there's no G associated with him anymore. D'oh!

The "Sword of He" immediately made me think of something more appropriate for the Tar Swamp- lol. Ohhh boy.
    Last edited by River; June 10, 2009 at 01:01am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Very cool BIO. The Sword of He is very interesting. I like the name they gave to the sword.
    I like the storyline in MOTUC.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Ok if He-Ro has the "Sword of He", I wonder if She-Ra's bio will mention a "Sword of She"? And since He-Ro's real name is now "Ro" then I'm guessing She-Ra's real name will now be "Ra" perhaps?
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!