Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Go back and read the whole review again:He received one of the early samples, which Mattel has been sending out to reviewers to generate early buzz about the figure, something they do with most of the MOTUC figures.

As ToyGuru explained in another thread, the clear gray color used on those early samples was caused by a FACTORY ERROR, because the intent has ALWAYS been that the final product would be CLEAR BLUE.

So, if you want the clear gray sword instead, for some reason, be prepared to check eBay FREQUENTLY for one of those early samples to be listed, and be prepared to pay LOTS of money to get one! It would seem there's only a few of that variation floating around, and several people on this forum have expressed an interest in owning one, so you know what that means: BIDDING. WAR!

I'd read the review 5times before asking. So I'm aware of what colour sword He-Ro will come with (and I also read the update on the homepage). I was asking how SpyMagician managed to get a gray sword with his figure because nowhere in the review does he say that Mattel sent this to him... I was just wondering.

Go back and read the whole review again:He received one of the early samples, which Mattel has been sending out to reviewers to generate early buzz about the figure, something they do with most of the MOTUC figures.

As ToyGuru explained in another thread, the clear gray color used on those early samples was caused by a FACTORY ERROR, because the intent has ALWAYS been that the final product would be CLEAR BLUE.

So, if you want the clear gray sword instead, for some reason, be prepared to check eBay FREQUENTLY for one of those early samples to be listed, and be prepared to pay LOTS of money to get one! It would seem there's only a few of that variation floating around, and several people on this forum have expressed an interest in owning one, so you know what that means: BIDDING. WAR!
    Well I'm sure many of the great customizers in this group will make their own Translucent Power Sword with silver specs in it.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Looks cool, I wonder why they didn't do a clear blue gem to match the Power Sword, rather than a deep purple that seems to have been chosen at random? I hope I'm lucky enough to receive the red or original green gem with my He-Ro.

he. HE. HE! HE! HE! HE! HAW! HAW! HAW!

The sword of He.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I hope I don't get a purple gem. I'd much prefer Red or blue. Or green.

So we get He-ro and Tri-klops in the same month right?
    Better start saving.

I totally dig "The Sword Of He".
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Sword of "He"...? :hmconfused:
    Why on earth would they use the concept art of him instead of the promotional image, the symbol is completely different!

Im kinda iffy on the whole SDCC logo on the actual figure... I think thats sacriledge!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Sword of He! I love it! I assume She-Ra's sword will be the Sword of She, then? One for He and one for She, I guess. Kinda like his and her towels, but totally awesome swords that give you powers beyond imagination. (Though I have known some towels to give off smells beyond imagination. Thank you high school gym class...)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Is the Comic Con sticker the only one variation of he-ro compared to the matty version ?

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    Is the Comic Con sticker the only one variation of he-ro compared to the matty version ?
    Well, let me consult my Magic 8 Ball here...

"All signs point to YES"

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I'd read the review 5times before asking. So I'm aware of what colour sword He-Ro will come with (and I also read the update on the homepage). I was asking how SpyMagician managed to get a gray sword with his figure because nowhere in the review does he say that Mattel sent this to him... I was just wondering.
    He didn't specifically come out and say it, I was reading between the lines... which I gather is becoming something of a lost art these days.

But a little birdy just informed me through a PM that some folks believe the figure in that review might have been purchased from eBay, instead, since no other sites have received the figure for review as of this writing.

Either possibility could have happened, really. It's hard to tell for sure which one is what actually happened... unless SpyMagician feels like fessing up.
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; June 10, 2009 at 04:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Why on earth would they use the concept art of him instead of the promotional image, the symbol is completely different!

Im kinda iffy on the whole SDCC logo on the actual figure... I think thats sacriledge!
    Yep, there is better art of He-ro, the one with He-Man is a good example. I hate that SDCC logo, but Im a international fan, so I´ll get the Matty´s one. I prefer SDCC logo that any other change (but I still want a full armor variant).

He-Ro´s real name is Ro, so real name of Mer-Man, Beast Man and He-man is "Man" Please think twice before create new real names...
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

happy to see that the variant is 'hidden', and is not a big deal at all
    the figure is a kick-ass, I can't wait to get him!!

on the other note, the bio IMHO, once again, contains some sloppy references, mattel should really put much more care in these kind of things, c'mon... so She-Ra's real name should be 'Ra'?

Anyway, I hope the future bios will improve on this 'real name' aspect!

My god, I can't tell you how much I want that early sword! *drops to knees and begs*

Thanks for the review. He-Ro's gems look good enough to eat, like a Ring Pop.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

He didn't specifically come out and say it, I was reading between the lines... which I gather is becoming something of a lost art these days.

But a little birdy just informed me through a PM that some folks believe the figure in that review might have been purchased from eBay, instead, since no other sites have received the figure for review as of this writing.

Either possibility could have happened, really. It's hard to tell for sure which one is what actually happened... unless SpyMagician feels like fessing up.
    That's why I was asking. So I can't understand why you'd tell me to "Go back and read the whole review again", when it was never stated..
    As for the "lost art" of "reading between the lines"... I would have though with all the figures turning up early on eBay, my question would be valid?

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Great review! I find it funny that…they chose concept art of He-Ro with him holding a weapon with a BIG G on it…as in Gray…his real name.
    The G didn't stand for Gray. It was for Grayskull, the character original name before Mattel changed it to He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The G didn't stand for Gray. It was for Grayskull, the character original name before Mattel changed it to He-Ro.
    So He-ro was originaly Grayskull? And it was his power Adam channelled to become He-man?
    That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    So He-ro was originaly Grayskull? And it was his power Adam channelled to become He-man?
    That's pretty cool.
    Yep, we've been saying that for ages
    That's why we didn't liked King Grayskull so much and we like less having the 2 characters split.
    They were the same concept, but Mattel chose to ignore He-Ro int eh MYP series and just create a new version of the smae guy, taking away all was unique to him and making him a more powerful He-Man clone.

Generally, I love the work done for the MOTU 200x comics, but I'm happy to have He-Ro and Grayskull as separate characters. I don't look at them as clones so much as contemporaries.

I might have my stuff mixed up, but now that Zodac left to be a Cosmic Enforcer, that means he wasn't one back in the KG days - so I view He-Ro as the Zodac to KG's He-Man.

But anyway.... now everyone can read the bio. That picture of He-Ro on it doesn't look right... the symbol on his chest is completely different.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone else mentioned the alternate character art... and that the symbol is a stylized "G"... for his ORIGINAL secret identity, "Gray"...

...and after thinking about it, maybe Mattel had originally planned to delve into the backstory of Castle GRAYskull in that line that never happened? And maybe the introduction of King Grayskull and his backstory screwed up their plans for He-Ro's story, and maybe that's why they changed it?
    Or maybe it's like this... perhaps classic unreleased He-Ro sported a "G" for Grayskull much like how the Horde members sport a bat, or the Snakemen sport a stylized "S". Because if you recall, Tytus sports a "G" on his armor too. Maybe Mattel was actually going to have a seperate character called Grayskull and never got around to it? Because I can't imagine He-Man walking around with a giant "A" on his chest just because his real identity is Adam... not sure why He-Ro would sport the first initial of his secret identity on his, you know?
    Has it been said anywhere whether Castle Grayskull had existed even before He-Ro and Eldor's time, or was the fortress built by them during their time on Preternia?
    Seeing as the line never went into production, and we have little idea where any of it was going to go, I guess it's open to fan interpretation. I know there's folks who might be privy to information saying otherwise (stuff from Mattel's vaults or things they were going to use but didn't), but seeing as probably 98% of MOTU fans out there aren't granted access to such things, I think it's okay if we kind of take backstories with a grain of salt and be able to guess or interpret what might have been or how things are now with some of our own imagination.
    I don't want everything 100% explained to me in MOTUC but do like little pointers like this new The Sword Of He information. Being told "No, it was supposed to be like this and Mattel ruined such and such character..." has the potential to kind of take the fun out of all of this and I have to take that with a grain of salt too.
    Anyways, I'm glad the 2009 version of He-Ro has an "H" chest emblem, and I also like The Sword Of He. I finally feel like "Oooh, they really have something they're trying to achieve with the mythos here..."
    And I also think if He-Man has predecessors such as King Grayskull and He-Ro, I like to think that She-Ra will end up having her own, which is quite exciting because I do indeed want a figure one day of whoever the woman was who first wielded The Sword Of She
    Last edited by zodak74; June 10, 2009 at 07:54am.

So perhaps now we need to imagine that Ro was working on promoting for King Grayskull in that picture

Accurate info about He-Ro orginal name.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Or maybe it's like this... perhaps classic unreleased He-Ro sported a "G" for Grayskull much like how the Horde members sport a bat, or the Snakemen sport a stylized "S". Because if you recall, Tytus sports a "G" on his armor too. Maybe Mattel was actually going to have a seperate character called Grayskull and never got around to it? )

No, no! Please guys pay attention when we post this kind of info because we're goign by original documents.

He-Ro production name WAS Grayskull.
    Some original art at Mattle has this name on it for the character name and the greatest evindence we have is in the original POG part 1 minicomic's script, where he's called Grayskull and not He-Ro

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the link SpyMagician.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Thanks for that very interesting update Emiliano! Who knew Grayskull was really He-Ro! Pretty awesome. And just a little request for you Emiliano, I'd love to see your ideas for a MOTUC King Hiss
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Great review, thanks for posting it.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

I'd rather they did that than do what they did with Gleek.

I think it's great. Unlike the Wonder Twin mess, I'm not missing nothing if I don't go to SDCC.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto