Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

The figure looks amazing. I can't wait to get one. I just can't believe the awful fanfic-ness of the bios, though. Seriously, the Sword of He? No one could come up with anything more creative? Or god forbid, use the Sword of Power, since it is apparently now the sword that was given to King Grayskull. I suppose She-Ra's sword will be the Sword of She?

I'm thankful the 4 Horsemen are doing such a wonderful job on these figures, and the bios can be ignored.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Nice to see the purple stone, doesn´t look bad ! But if it´s green, red or purple.....i don´t care. Not sure about the "He" sword. But can live with his bio. At least, it´s a great fig and a must have to me.

Thanks for the review

Funny how nobody mentioned the name change to Horde Supreme from Horde Prime

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Oh, people did...just not in this thread.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Horde Supreme? Hordak's older, more successful, brother & favorite son of Horde Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    It might not be a name change though, it might be a different Horde character. That's one for the Q & A!

So one thing I'm still curious about - Mattel's post made it sound like the logo on the back of the cape would maybe be present for the convention version and not the online version. There are no pics of the back of the cape for this review. So I'm still left wondering.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Bang your head!!!
    Awesome review!
    Im still confused over the colors of the sword ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    No, no! Please guys pay attention when we post this kind of info because we're goign by original documents.

He-Ro production name WAS Grayskull.
    Some original art at Mattle has this name on it for the character name and the greatest evindence we have is in the original POG part 1 minicomic's script, where he's called Grayskull and not He-Ro
    mini comic script? Will the Org ever be able to post it or will Mattel hide it in the vault?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    He-Ro looks great. Looking at those pictures all i can see is Bow especially in the ones without the extra chest plate on him, and that's why i am sticking to my theory of Bow being the first POP figure.

Also, another bio card to add to my burning ceremony. Long live He-ro/Grayskulls original origin!!
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Good God people, let Val and Emiliano write the remainder of the Bios.
    I agree completely. The stuff coming out on these bios is getting laughable, really, which is why I'm totally ignoring them now. I just hope they don't use this as a template for a new toon or storyline down the road.

As far as the "G" goes, I always assumed that stood for Grayskull, not Gray. Since he was to transform from Gray to He-Ro in the old story, I was under the impression he had a dual identity like Adam.

A great review for the figure. As far as the controversy mentioned, I'm in the camp that's glad they left the ab crunch exposed and functional. If both the chest and abdomen are painted to match, I don't see the problem. Take off the armor and it looks like he's wearing an undershirt.

I'm still very happy with the way the figure turned out. It was worth waiting 20 plus years to get this character done this well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He looks so good, nice and bright, I like the idea of the SDCC sticker on his chest.

I'm so excited to get He-Ro! Finally, after 20-some odd years, he's coming. They have done a great job of realizing the original prototype, it's just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    So one thing I'm still curious about - Mattel's post made it sound like the logo on the back of the cape would maybe be present for the convention version and not the online version. There are no pics of the back of the cape for this review. So I'm still left wondering.
    Whoops!

My apologies! I forgot to take a back shot of the cape. The version reviewed does indeed have the logo on the back.

Spy

Yep, we've been saying that for ages
    That's why we didn't liked King Grayskull so much and we like less having the 2 characters split.
    They were the same concept, but Mattel chose to ignore He-Ro int eh MYP series and just create a new version of the smae guy, taking away all was unique to him and making him a more powerful He-Man clone.
    I personally prefer King Grayskull... He-Ro doesn't fit visually in the MOTU world IMO, he looks more like part of the POP line... So I never cared for it, because it looks more like a "futuristic" character, while in reality, he should have a more "ancient" look... and I think KG does a better job visually on that department.
    But that's just me...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

The G didn't stand for Gray. It was for Grayskull, the character original name before Mattel changed it to He-Ro.
    Ahh! Ok…but still, they could have chosen some art that's closer to what the character actually looks like. Keeping what you've said in mind and keeping this new "story line" that Mattel is creating in mind…why would He-Ro have a weapon on it with Grayskull's initial? ESPECIALLY if he's the first to have the "power" granted to him. According to the bio, He-Ro passes the power sword on to Grayskull.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Nice to see some pictures and a review. I'm hoping Mattel will be sending out official review samples, though. I can't wait to give my review!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Gjees, no half powersword?
    They gave Faker one

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    The more pics pop up of him, the more I am excited about He-Ro! Can't wait to see which crystal color I'm gonna get!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I love the figure. Thank you 4HM!

And I hate the bio.

I've been biting my tongue so far and not complained about the bios or the real names. But I think these are getting ridiculous. In the blog below the review, Fallen Eldor posted the original bio for He-Ro. Why couldn't mattel just stick with that? Who's writing this stuff? Are you gonna tell me Mattel picked these writers over Val & Emiliano!? If Mattel has a new comic or cartoon in the works, I pray to god it's not based on this stuff they're feeding us now.

BTW-Val & Emil, I can't wait to see that bible.

The figure is AMAZING, props to the 4H! The bio is a word I can't type on the org (IMO)!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

The Sword of He? Real name is Ro? So when he receives the Sword from the Trollan Elders he becomes He-Ro? Does that mean whoever holds the sword adds a "He" to the front of his name? But that can't make sense because then He-Man's real name must not be Adam it must be Man. Hence, once he receives the Sword, he becomes He-Man or should it be He-Adam? Also, then, King Grayskull, once he received the Sword, should really be called He-Grayskull or He-Gray. I know I am totally off base here and making a joke of all this but I am having fun with it. I feel these bios are getting worse and worse.

Also, great review for a great figure. Thanks 4H. Can't wait to get him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So is He-Ro a constant identity or does he change back and forth from Ro to He-Ro?

I think getting rid of Gray makes him He-Ro all the time now.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by vkatphish View Post
    The Sword of He? Real name is Ro? Does that mean whoever holds the sword adds a "He" to the front of his name? But that can't make sense because then He-Man's real name must not be Adam it must be Man.
    You know, the meaning of the name 'Adam' actually is 'man'. So funnily enough, that logic does work.

I still think 'Sword of He' sounds really, really stupid.

Since the original concept photo of He-ro had a "G", and it was supposed to stand for Grayskull, I wonder why Tytus ended up with the "G" on his armor. Did they intend on calling him Grayskull after He-Ro got his name change, only to change his name too? Too much to ponder.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!