Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MOTUC He-Ro Reviews

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I really want this Ro figure.

Another great review, Dan! But I thought He-Ro went on sale at Matty on August 3? Not the Monday after the convention...?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Another great review, Dan! But I thought He-Ro went on sale at Matty on August 3? Not the Monday after the convention...?
    Yeah I also was under the impression that He-Ro went on sale August 3..

I need to know which day to take off of work.....

As always great review Dan! Thank you!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I cant help but wonder if the 4H had access to the original Prototype He-Ro, and if so maybe one day we will get decent pics of him.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I am so looking forward to this figure

I am amazed at how good it looks. I don't have alot of knowledge in regards to the "canon" of MOTUC but I do like the "Sword of He" concept.

It was ajac71 that said the Sword of He can be looked at similar to Chi and I agree. Ha, that sentence rhymes

Excuse my ignorance but does He-Ro now become the predecessor to King Grayskull? Is the "He" line now He-Ro to King Grayskull to He-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I cant help but wonder if the 4H had access to the original Prototype He-Ro, and if so maybe one day we will get decent pics of him.
    I think someone said the original prototype was disassembled and used for other things long ago.... sad....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am so looking forward to this figure

I am amazed at how good it looks. I don't have alot of knowledge in regards to the "canon" of MOTUC but I do like the "Sword of He" concept.

It was ajac71 that said the Sword of He can be looked at similar to Chi and I agree. Ha, that sentence rhymes

Excuse my ignorance but does He-Ro now become the predecessor to King Grayskull? Is the "He" line now He-Ro to King Grayskull to He-Man?
    He-Ro and King Grayskull are now contemporaries fighting side by side, so He-Ro is no longer related to Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I
    He-Ro and King Grayskull are now contemporaries fighting side by side, so He-Ro is no longer related to Adam.
    So He-Ro is to King Grayskull as Man-At-Arms is to He-Man? As in they fight side by side?

Man, I have so much that I need to learn. I am hoping the new .org is as full as information as I think it will be

EDIT: Sorry, I should have paid more attention as to what was written on the bio. I read the bio and then read through this thread and got myself confused. I just re-read the bio and I have a better understanding

Back on topic, He-Ro is still such an awesome figure. As has been said numerous times, this line keeps getting better each new release.

The future is so exciting and I am glad I am here now enjoying the ride
    Last edited by TheFallen; June 23, 2009 at 10:38pm.

While I think it's awesome that He-Ro is finally being produced and 4H did a great job staying true to the original character, I don't think he has a strong character design. He looks especially 'preppy', in my opinion lol. Here are a few things I'm not so crazy about:

Colors: The red/gold combination is too 'warm' for my taste. But I may be biased, because gold has always been my least favorite color (except for on C3-PO).

Fashion: The headband and 'H' logo feels really dated, and his hair reminds me of Superman/Clark Kent. It makes his head look especially 'beefy'.

Overall, I'm glad he's available in toy form for the first time, however if he's to appear in future MOTU stories I hope he gets redesigned by 4H.

Props to 3PO much appreciated!

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by the Matty release, Overhaul. I'll be at SDCC, but I hope to get the regular release also! (Not too keen on the logo under his armor.)

I may have to trade an SDCC version for the regular...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy