Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizard World Chicago 2009

I wasn't there last year but I'll be back this year. Is Mattel going to be there this year?

Another question...lets say I check out of my hotel Sunday morning, but I'm still going to be at the convention...what in the world do I do with my bags? I'm probably only going to have one big one.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    No Mattel again this year.
    I'm sure that your hotel will hold your bags behind the front desk.

Bang your head!!!
    Change of plans, Im not going to attend this year...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I'm not going this year...But I will be going in 2010 in April.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior

WWC 09' Hotel Reservations

I made my reservations at the Doubletree Hotel back in March..It's from Thursday(6th) til Sunday(9th). I also bought a weekend pass. Due to some change in plans,I will only be attending the convention on Saturday and Sunday. I will drive up each day. The Doubletree Hotel is connected to the Donald E. Stephens convention center. I know it's last minute but if anyone is interested...lmk.

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    I'm not going this year...But I will be going in 2010 in April.
    Im looking forward to C2E2 next April.
    Hopefully I can have my portfolio ready...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I'm hoping to have mine in order too! I will have like 4-5 months to make sure though!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

If you guys can order your C2E2 tickets now you can get in the 2010 program book and be considered "founders" which gets you some neat VIP stuff and special access in April.

I hope both are successful, I know WWC has been seen by many as going down but living in the midwest we do not get a whole heck of a lot in terms of events. I would not mind if both thrived since they are so far apart.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'll be at WWC on both Friday and Saturday with the rest of the TNTS gang. We'll be covering the event for the site, and just having a great time. Getting excited!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If you guys can order your C2E2 tickets now you can get in the 2010 program book and be considered "founders" which gets you some neat VIP stuff and special access in April.

I hope both are successful, I know WWC has been seen by many as going down but living in the midwest we do not get a whole heck of a lot in terms of events. I would not mind if both thrived since they are so far apart.
    really??@?@ awesome. i wanted to go anyway. where do you buy tickets?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    really??@?@ awesome. i wanted to go anyway. where do you buy tickets?
    You can get tickets here

https://www.compusystems.com/servlet...ignCode=CampGE

It looks as if they had so many purchases for founding members they closed the program, but if you buy before Sept 1 you can lock in at their early bird price

http://www.mediumatlarge.net/2009/08...g-members.html
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    HA!!! I work for Compusystems!! That is so funny to see that link! We do all kinds of shows but actually seeing that on this site(my second home) is really cool!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

Chicago Comic Con!

hey, i just spent the day at the comic con!!!

i wanted to let you all know my feelings about MOTUC there.

holy cow, everyone and their mother is TRYING to cash in on that cash cow!!! I saw them for sale from a range of 35 - 85 bucks (higher end signed by 4H i think)......

but i think that everyone knows that matty. com is there, cause, i offered 30 for a zodak, and i honestly went to the only 5 locations i could find them, and NONE of them sold. from start to finish on sunday.

i think ESPECIALLY people at the cons, know that when they re-issue them on line, they will be way more affordable.

it was so annoying to me. but when i picked up that MAA i was BLOWN away. very cool figure. and the Zodak looks MUCH better in life than i thought with pics on here. i look forward to getting them for 20 each, but for now i just settled for some 200x statues (stinkor, tounge lasher, and grizzlor for 15 bucks each :i think i talked him down to 10...)

and the CLASSIC CLASSICS..... stuff that i could buy at the bottom of a box last year for a buck each, all of a sudden were each in plastic bags for 7, 10 or 13 each??!?!.....

lol. all i wanted was more for my kids to play in the bath with!!! lol.

it was a good day. and seeing the MOTU classics line up close and personal, i UNDERSTAND the love and passion...

and i have to admit that now i understand why some people on here dont want to give up moss mans articulation... (still flock for me!?!?!)

good journey!!!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I was loomi g for. Deal on
    MOTU Star comics and people wanted $40.00 for
    Issue 1 it's insane the greed that is out there.

I understand things are tough but let start being fair.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have never been to a Comic Con of any sorts. I would love to go to one some day
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior
    I was there Friday and Saturday, got the feeling that the plastic "Hook" tabs were put on the cardbacks not just to make them easy to display, but so that resellers could hang them in their booth!

Chicago Comic Con used to be a big thing, I even remember when Mattel used to actually have exclusives there (Evil-lyn) But the big guys have all but pulled out. There is nothing there but resellers, and artists alley.

There is going to be another Con in April called C2E2, (Chicago comic and entertainment Expo) held at McCormic place. I'm really looking forewerd to that. It's supposed to be "similar" to SDCC.. so I've heard.

I'm hoping that Mattel would offer some "exclusive" there. Living here in Chicago would make it easier for me to get....

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Besides SDCC, what are other big comic con's that Mattel attends?
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    The major problem with the new Chicago Comic Con is that Wizard laid off all of their Convention staff.

In my opinion those staffers knew how to put on a fantastic show.

Wizard will be dead in 2 years now that they have actual competition with the convention circuit.

Another problem we will be seeing in a few years is that there will be too many shows. That's why Wizard World Texas got cancelled. You cannot get the people that are in demand to do all these shows. I guess time will tell.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I was there Friday and Saturday, got the feeling that the plastic "Hook" tabs were put on the cardbacks not just to make them easy to display, but so that resellers could hang them in their booth!

Chicago Comic Con used to be a big thing, I even remember when Mattel used to actually have exclusives there (Evil-lyn) But the big guys have all but pulled out. There is nothing there but resellers, and artists alley.

There is going to be another Con in April called C2E2, (Chicago comic and entertainment Expo) held at McCormic place. I'm really looking forewerd to that. It's supposed to be "similar" to SDCC.. so I've heard.

I'm hoping that Mattel would offer some "exclusive" there. Living here in Chicago would make it easier for me to get....
    SDCC actually has a contract with those big companies to prevent them from apearing at other Cons other than NYCC and Wondercon.

Heroic Warrior
    C2E2 is run by the same people who put together NYCC

Here are some of the sponsors they have up on their site.
    http://www.chicagocomicandentertainm...ignID=54845088

I doubt that it would ever be as big as SDCC, only because all the studios in California pimp their stuff at SDCC, but the show this weekend was DISMAL.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post

I can't wait for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Knight View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I was loomi g for. Deal on
    MOTU Star comics and people wanted $40.00 for
    Issue 1 it's insane the greed that is out there.

I understand things are tough but let start being fair.
    That is hilarious to think someone has the gonads to ask $40 for Star #1
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I am suprised there are no pictures of MOTUC from the Chicago Comic Con

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I also found a mossman exclusive. they wanted 70 bucks!

i thought. i am about to get one 10 TIMES better, and its going to be for 20 bucks and some change!!!

i think that in this way, having matty does some good.

considering other toys, the resellers cant control prices like they could for a Hawkeye marvel legend.

You are not kidding by calling it a cash cow....
    I have to say that this line started off kind of quiet with some fanfare.
    I actually bought both Heman and Beastman, only being mildly interested in the new 2008 line, after the 2002 MOTU line became a variant nightmare.
    I purchased the first two figures from Matty with no problems and was VERY happy that I did.
    NOW...It is just out of hand on the secondary market.
    I get it, though.
    Commerce is good. Capitalism is good, but the greed of certain people is what annoys me on a personal level, not a business level.Especially when some folks claim to be buying double digits of this item.
    The average collector( me ) just wants one of each and even then, I only want certain ones.
    I hope Matty continues to deflate the secondary market with reissues now that the MOTU classics line has caught on and is superior to the rest in appearance and staying true to the original design.
    Last edited by Cottonwood; August 10, 2009 at 02:46pm. Reason: typo!
    Fantastical!