Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wizard World Chicago 2009

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Wizard World suck . the one here in Los angel's got Canceled last MINUTE because of slow sales, they decided to move it to Aunterio close to Disneyland to see if they can drum up some business

They were selling He-Ro for $80 and most of the figs from MOTUC for $40-75

I saw most of the line but prices were easily 2-4x what we paid originally

Nobody loves Zodac though

Mattel will be at C2E2 next year and NOT NYCC in case anyone was wondering. They said this year they were rotating cons in 2010 so hopefully we will all see a 2010 C2E2 MOTUC exclusive
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I ended up with tons of MOTU stuff and spend more money than I ever had in Chicago, here's the new figure deals I found:

Hordak + Mer-Man + Stratos $100 for the set
    Man-at-Arms $35
    He-Ro $45

All the other stuff I got was art prints from Artists Alley, and boy did they have lots of He-Man this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am suprised there are no pictures of MOTUC from the Chicago Comic Con
    The only MOTUC figures on display were carded figures at resellers booths

Mattel used to have their own booth at this show years ago, but everyone has slowly pulled out of Wizard World over the past few years.

Widget
    WizardWorld is barely a shadow of what it used to be. C2E2 will be the real Chicago Con, and Wizard World will fade away. Hasbro pulled out years ago, Mattel pulled out a couple of years ago (but they had a real sweet booth their last year in Chicago), and this year DC and Marvel didn't even have booths.

Hopefully Mattel will have some sweet MOTU product at C2E2.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I was there Friday and Saturday. Had a great time!

It was pretty amazing seeing the MOTUC stuff on sale every where. And it wasn't just that. The classic stuff, 200x stuff, stactions, and Commemorative stuff was all over the place! It was awesome seeing so much He-Man, really. Last year there was none hardly at all. I couldn't find any stactions or anything last year!

C2E2 should be awesome. And I'm pretty sure Mattel already said that they would be there.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I was there Friday and Saturday. Had a great time!

It was pretty amazing seeing the MOTUC stuff on sale every where. And it wasn't just that. The classic stuff, 200x stuff, stactions, and Commemorative stuff was all over the place! It was awesome seeing so much He-Man, really. Last year there was none hardly at all. I couldn't find any stactions or anything last year!
    You are not kidding, I saw a bunch of the stactions and statues for not too much over retail.

And I saw a wall of MOTUC for sale

C2E2 should be awesome. And I'm pretty sure Mattel already said that they would be there.
    Yup they were confirmed by C2E2 already
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bowlz View Post
    I ended up with tons of MOTU stuff and spend more money than I ever had in Chicago, here's the new figure deals I found:

Hordak + Mer-Man + Stratos $100 for the set
    Man-at-Arms $35
    He-Ro $45

All the other stuff I got was art prints from Artists Alley, and boy did they have lots of He-Man this year.
    I guess thats where we differ! lol. i wouldnt call that a deal for 3 figures. a deal would be getting them each for 20 bucks, no mark up and pay shipping.70 bucks total? somewhere around there. thats a deal for me! thats why i cant wait for them to come back out. and i can wait, cause new ones are coming every month, so i am in no hurry...

but i have to agree. i saw MAA for 35 and dang that was soooo hard to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    I guess thats where we differ! lol. i wouldnt call that a deal for 3 figures. a deal would be getting them each for 20 bucks, no mark up and pay shipping.
    Thats called using your imagination because it will never ever happen at a comic or toy convention while a line is currently active

I was pretty surprised to see a He-Man for $60 though, thats not the greatest price but I have seen ebay prices much much higher

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Thats called using your imagination because it will never ever happen at a comic or toy convention while a line is currently active

I was pretty surprised to see a He-Man for $60 though, thats not the greatest price but I have seen ebay prices much much higher
    true.

the only he-man i saw, with some others, were in some plastic containers!?!?! wow.... worth so much money locked in a plastic box!

for me, those grading system things are a joke also.

its what killed baseball cards.

and also, they released a wave of marvel legends (i was into those also) I have never seen such a...... eye roll at a line (especially at a convention) but i did not see ANYONE really looking hard, or browsing hard at any legends what so ever...

I would love to go one year!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHefeweizen View Post
    SDCC actually has a contract with those big companies to prevent them from apearing at other Cons other than NYCC and Wondercon.
    It's actually Reed Exhibitions that has the contract, Comic Con International is a separate entity... that being said, if Wizard could do one damn thing right in regards to exhibitions, vending, or publishing they wouldn't be in this mess. There are Chicago based creators and publishers I know that refuse to waste their time at WizardWorld...

I welcome C2E2 and wish it all the best...
    Last edited by Professor Griffin; August 10, 2009 at 07:19pm.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Heroic Warrior

wwc

I was there saturday and sunday...I actually left early on sunday. I really didn't see any deals. There was a booth that had a few graded motuc figures. I saw the booth that had the motuc hanging from the pegs. I think most of them were still there when I left. A lot of people were getting Ray Park to sign their G.I.JOE snake eyes figures. I met Andrei Arlovski from the UFC. I got a figure signed by him as well. I did meet some nice people when I was waiting in line. Not a whole lot of big name vendors there like it used to be.

Heroic Warrior
    Ya Wizard World this year was total ass.. I thought it was bad the year I went and neca pulled out at the last minute - but this was horrible.. I mean they had Gilette razors there as a damn vendor for christ sake.. I mean.. most the nerds walking around dont shave.. did they really think that was the best idea for them?

I will not go to another wizard world.. going to try c2e2 next year though if they can get vendors and exclusives..

I didnt see Many MOTU anything.. most of the figures I saw where very over priced. Brians toys cut me a nice deal though on a graded vintage night stalker though.. great condition.

I must say.. Joe nerds can be some of the worst.. I almost was raped by some freak inline at the Muvico waiting for my beer before GI Joe the movie as he was trying to name all the joes on my t-shirt.. :|
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

she asked me to shave like 3 times.

it was really stupid. that was annoying.

and i took my little cousin for the first time, he is 11. we were walking through the "sort of famous" people alley..... it just looked..... cheap. curtain cubicles with names above the person. so you know who they are! lol.

Doug Jones seemed to be very very nice to everyone. each time i passed he was making eye contact with the person he was talking with and seemed REALLY sincere. i sort of wanted to meet him, but there was a line.

abel, my cuz, said, "so its like a flee market...." I was like... eh, lol. yeah.

it was so much better with the displays, the marvel, hasbro, toybiz, dc, and mattel stuff years before. but this time we walked in and there was really nothing to show him. I usually love the 100's of free flyers.

I dig the artist alley. but i have to say, that its sort of watered down. i LOVE all of the different styles of art, and stuff, but my buddy andy was one of 4 ACTUAL classic style comic book art.... the rest were all different. again, i liked it, it was just like everyone and their mother who is an artist, comic book related or not, mostly not, were there trying to make a buck.

but i guess there could never be enough hello kitty styled marker drawn superheroes, on cardboard mind you, for 10 bucks each...

i am interested in this other con you all are talking about.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
    Ya Wizard World this year was total ass.. I thought it was bad the year I went and neca pulled out at the last minute - but this was horrible.. I mean they had Gilette razors there as a damn vendor for christ sake.. I mean.. most the nerds walking around dont shave.. did they really think that was the best idea for them?

I will not go to another wizard world.. going to try c2e2 next year though if they can get vendors and exclusives..
    I actually used one of my coupons and got one of those razors today

Yeah, WWC was pretty crappy. I belong to the 501st and have a set of Stormtrooper armor, these guys will go to just about ANYTHING.

But WWC was LAME, I couldn't believe how much it cost just to wander around a bunch of guys selling toys and comics.

The highlight of my day was wearing my Stormtrooper armor and being shot by Todd Bridges from different storkes with an airsoft gun as I passed by his booth...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    It's actually Reed Exhibitions that has the contract, Comic Con International is a separate entity... that being said, if Wizard could do one damn thing right in regards to exhibitions, vending, or publishing they wouldn't be in this mess. There are Chicago based creators and publishers I know that refuse to waste their time at WizardWorld...

I welcome C2E2 and wish it all the best...

Ok then Reed Exhibitions = SDCC. Thanks for clearing that up since I really appreciate you knowing everything about these exclusive contracts.

If you all want a con like Wizard used to be, next year C2E2 will be the one. Especially since it will be the first year there is going to be a full blown all out investement.

I am organizing some kind of org event since I know a few of us are planning to attend and Mattel is going to be there! See my signature for the full thread, more details as things become more clear for C2E2

Heroic Warrior

wwc

I went and saw the 5 oclock at the muvico. About average price for the movie going experience. It was kind of b.s. you couldn't get refills. Anyone else hear that loud mouth person on the speaker sysem on sunday advertising the big apple con.

From Wizard World Chicago

I hope its alright to post this here, wasn't sure where else to do so. But a friend who went to the con saw this and thought of me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/BD*******e/forChris.jpg[/img]

Actually she said that when she saw this ALL she could think of was me. Hmm...
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

We saw that guy, did your friend see Skeletor

Wow, and I thought Dolph Lungren was a bad He-Man...
    My feedback thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...36#post2355036

Great Traders!: kenobi96, engineer pwns, ByThePowerOf..., Amberbratt, REX-203, greyskull1, PowerOfGreyskull, Igorr, Stickfa, Beeto Bot, SKULLnBONES, JustariusX, tmthor, no_frills_inc, and KalesDad.

I would love to go to a comic con sometime. Looks like a lot of fun!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Court Magician
    These pics were at Wizard World, not Comic Con (SDCC).

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's one of my videos from this past weekends Chicago Comic Con! Pixel Dan's Cosplayer Interviews!

My buddy Ito from www.RetrowareTV.com was in attendance with me...just so you guys get the running joke happening throughout the video.

Have several more vids from the event over at thatnewtoysmell.com! Just so you guys know.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: