View Poll Results: Will you sign up for yearly subscription?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course I will

84 71.19%
  • No, I don't like subscriptions

9 7.63%
  • No, but I would sign up for a half-year-subscription

1 0.85%
  • No, but I would sign up for a 3 month-subscription

7 5.93%
  • I'm not sure yet

17 14.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yearly subscription, are you going for it?

Yearly subscription, are you going for it?

Who's signing up for a complete year in august? I think it's pretty long, why not split it in two parts? If ya don't like where the line is going, you're stuck to the subscription. You have to apply four month before subscription starts.
    There's no way you can cancel it.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy Mattel has put so much effort into the subscription service. And it's mainly a good thing, but couldn't it be for a trimester or at least half a year. At this point I want every figure, but I don't want to marry the line (kinda feels like it).

"I'm not sure yet."

Because of no cancellation option, I'm going to get full years subscription only if I manage to save enough money for whole subscription period before I sign on to it (however long that will be). If take the subscription, I will go with monthly shipping one.

- Joni -
    Last edited by EuroCoin; June 12, 2009 at 09:12am.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Of course I will.

"Of course I will"

I had decided from the beginning that I will be supporting this line fully. Everything I have recieved and seen so far has only solidified my support for the MOTUC line. The subscription just saves me the trouble of rushing online at 12pm EST the middle of every month.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Crusher View Post
    "Of course I will"

I had decided from the beginning that I will be supporting this line fully. Everything I have recieved and seen so far has only solidified my support for the MOTUC line. The subscription just saves me the trouble of rushing online at 12pm EST the middle of every month.
    Exactly! Apart from some dodgy paint apps (thankfully minor....so far!) and Beastmans drunken knees, I couldnt be more impressed with the actual toys (not since palisades Muppets, have I seen such awesome figures) So Im on the long haul! each and every one! bring it on!

The only thing about the line I hate is getting up at 2.30am (australian) to be online and STILL miss out, so the subscription is my reward for going into battle all these months!

Aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'm getting it for the whole year. Just like a few guys said here already i dont want to be waiting on the computer trying to get these figures and somehow still miss out even though i havent yet. And i'll support this line anyway i can.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I'm gonna sign up for it in August.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    First choice.

Even though I'm usually one of the first people who order every month, I'm tired of all of the growing competition because of how hyped up MOTUC has become. Each month has steadily gotten harder and harder to order. The hype got so great, the "not so big character" Zodac was a pain for me to order...this is from someone who had an easy time getting Mer-Man.

So you know Hordak and Man-At-Arms are going to be nuts.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I only started with Zodac, and had to get Merman on ebay. I don't know.
    I have to figure out how to change my address first, as I signed up for
    4 month subscription, but am moving Sunday. If I can't change my address for that, then no. I need more from matty first.

That, and I don't like ordering blind. A magazine subscription is one thing, for $9.99 a year. But $20 a month for 12 months, not knowing who is coming, well, that just spooks me.

We knew 2 of 4 for the sept-dec, so I felt confident in that. I'd be much more comfortable signing up for quaterly subscriptions for sure
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Till now I ordered 6-10 figs of each character. That's cheaper for foreign guys and you have more chances to get a nice carded one. For the 2009 subscription, I took 4 figs each month, still a good chance of getting one MOC. I always keep 2 and sell the rest, but since Mer-Man and Zodac, selling isn't that easy anymore. They're well represented on ebay, almost every 2nd or 3rd MotUC figure is Mer-Man or Zodac. I don't have to make profit, I just want to earn my money back. But when I see most auctions that doesn't apply anymore.
    So I hope Mattel is coming with some good packiging, before I have to apply for the yearly subscription, so I only have to order 2 to make sure I get one nice card.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Crusher View Post
    "Of course I will"

Gotta go with this.
    I feel the same way here. I love this toyline a lot, so much in fact it is currently my No.1 toyline of the year by a huge margin.
    I would honestly give up some of my other toy collections completely to continue collecting this awesome MOTU line.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

no subscription for me as i purchase different amounts of figures depending on each one.

I'll be signing up.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

For the moment I still don't know if I will sign or not...
    The fact is that waiting for 1 year before seeing the figure et then seeing them all in 1 day makes me sad...
    I love the excitement to receive a figure and the pleasure to take time seeing at it.
    I think the pleasure won't be the same if I receive them all on the same day.

Also, since I live in France and since I generally buy 2 figures at each new release, I will receive 24 figures.
    I think the box will be huge and I fear the box won't arrive in mint condition... Such a huge box will bother people at the post office… and they are particularly careless …

Also, I can save on shipping each time I buy 4 figures at a time but over 4 the price increase.
    I have to check exeactly if I really save on shipping with 1 shippement of 24 figures...

As a consequence, I would prefer a 2 month or 3 month subscription.
    I voted for a 3 months subscription.

I will. Always intended to get every figure, and this should guarantee I don't miss out.

Still not sure. Too many open questions......new job, flat changing, etc........
    Hope, i can say yes in August !

Of course I will. It should save me a few headaches!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Damn right, after missing out on Faker and Mer-Man, I don't want to miss out again, and I am a fan of all era's of MOTU, so it doesn't matter to me who is coming!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I voted "not sure yet".

I was leaning more toward not getting the subscription simply because I haven't had any problems ordering any of figures that have been released thus far. I have no problem getting to a computer at noon on the 15th or so of every month, so the subscription seemed pretty useless for me. However, now with the awesome news TG just released about the special bonus for subscribers, I will actually be getting multiple subscriptions. I just hope the bonus is something unbelievably special!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    ""First off, obviously MOTUC is doing very well and this has rung all the way up to the top brass. We couldn't be happier with where the line is and have some amazing plans to expand it beyond single figures per month in 2010. In fact, in all likely-hood, almost each month next year will have at least two MOTU items for sale. More details will follow at our SDCC fan panel on Friday at 1:00 in room 2.""

Now, I don't know.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oh yeah!

Can't wait for September to start my subscription thingie!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Oh yeah!

Can't wait for September to start my subscription thingie!
    Me neither, although I'll still have to try and get on in Teela month, as I want 2 of her, one for Teela and one for Goddess!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

for 2009 I did order 15 subscriptions.
    for 2010 I will order again, but I don't know quite yet how many...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Nope.

I won't sign up for anything where I don't know exactly what I'm buying up front.

list the next year's releases, and if there's more that I want than I don't, then I'll consider it.

Nahh... this line is just too darned expensive.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!