Thread: Screencaps from POP Season 1.2

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

Screencaps from POP Season 1.2

After a long while, here they are---hope my fellow Etherian fans enjoy them (and my apologies for any blurry/fuzzy ones that slipped by me)

And I skipped doing grabs for the intro and Adora's change into She-Ra, since I did those in my SOTS screencap thread.

The viewing format for Kodak Galleries have changed a bit since I uploaded 1.1---controls are at the top (rewind, FF, pause, play, slideshow speed, etc.), but if you click "mosaic" a vertical "film strip" will pop up on the right side showing thumbnails of all the caps if you want to skim or scan for certain things, or if you click "carousel" it will put a horizontal strip of thumbnails on the bottom:

DISC 1

A Talent for Trouble

Troll's Dream

Black Snow

The Unicorn King

The Anxious Apprentice

Zoo Story

Into the Dark Dimension

DISC 2

Treasure of the First Ones

Glimmer's Story

The Mines of Mondor

Welcome Back, Kowl

The Rock People

Huntara

Micah of Bright Moon

DISC 3

The Price of Power

Birds of a Feather

For Want of a Horse

Just Like Me

My Friend, My Enemy

The Wizard

An Unexpected Ally

DISC 4

The Light of the Crystal

Loo-Kee Lends a Hand

Of Shadows and Skulls

Jungle Fever

Horde Prime Takes a Holiday

Anchors Aloft Part 1

DISC 5

Anchors Aloft Part 2

Darksmoke and Fire

Magicats

Wild Child

Flowers For Hordak

The Greatest Magic
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; June 12, 2009 at 04:02pm.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I love all your caps and have used them as reference pics for the customs i make, the funny thing is I was actually about to log on here to send you a pm if yo ucould cap The Anxious Apprentice for me.

Guess you beat me to it, so thanks!

Wow! Amazing effort!
    These are really cool.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Thanks for the memories

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate you doing this You nailed all the pictures I needed...

...with one tiny exception. Might it be at all possible to grab a shot of Adora feeding Swifty at the start of "Treasures of the First Ones"? As in, right where she turns her head to the right, fruit still in hand, because Light Hope has appeared (off-screen)?

I hate to be a pain...but that's the last shot from that episode that I need. I can see you were really going out of your way to grab a lot from that episode...so I hate to ask. But there you go.

Thank you thank you thank you!

EDIT: Correction...there are two shots I needed from the episode. The aforementioned Adora/Spirit/fruit/look to the right...and the shot of Hordak on the deck of the Dreadnaut with his two troopers behind him (as in, right when he comes off his ship). So two shots.

I sound totally annoying right now, don't I? *sigh* As I said, my thanks for the assists - I don't mean to pester ;0
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; June 15, 2009 at 02:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I love all your caps and have used them as reference pics for the customs i make, the funny thing is I was actually about to log on here to send you a pm if you could cap The Anxious Apprentice for me.

Guess you beat me to it, so thanks!
    Great, thanks...I like that I'm able to help out at least one artist with these.

And since Scorpia is my favorite, her starring role in The Anxious Apprentice was really the gateway for my "extended amount" of screencaps for so many episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate you doing this You nailed all the pictures I needed...

...with one tiny exception. Might it be at all possible to grab a shot of Adora feeding Swifty at the start of "Treasures of the First Ones"? As in, right where she turns her head to the right, fruit still in hand, because Light Hope has appeared (off-screen)?

I hate to be a pain...but that's the last shot from that episode that I need. I can see you were really going out of your way to grab a lot from that episode...so I hate to ask. But there you go.

Thank you thank you thank you!

EDIT: Correction...there are two shots I needed from the episode. The aforementioned Adora/Spirit/fruit/look to the right...and the shot of Hordak on the deck of the Dreadnaut with his two troopers behind him (as in, right when he comes off his ship). So two shots.

I sound totally annoying right now, don't I? *sigh*
    *sigh*, yes you do... J/K, LOL Yeah I'll get those, but you owe me! lol, again, j/k
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

It's totally okay - roll those eyes baby, I deserve it. I promise not to bug ya any more! You really came through for me, though so....how about I bake you a doomberry pie and we call it even?

I have to say, I really love Scorpia in that episode too. She deserved more screentime.

Wow, Again a great job and dedication to the series. Thank you so much fore these and all the work you had with it. They are awesome. The Lair of Scorpia looks amazing as does the cottage of Madame Razz. And it's great to finaly have some quality pics of Castle Brightmoon, Red Eyes, Kowla and Voltak and all the nice places on Etheria. Thanks alot :-)

Thanks for the screenshots! You did a great job with these!

^ Thanks SR & SH!

how about I bake you a doomberry pie and we call it even?
    No thank you Sir, I saw what one o' those did to Hordak! (btw, those two extra pics are in that batch now)

I have to say, I really love Scorpia in that episode too. She deserved more screentime.
    Totally agree. I think focusing more attention on Catra being promoted to Force Captain and Scorpia being jealous and bitter over that would have been great. And Scorpia gets along well with Shadow Weaver (see "Troll's Dream"), so it would have been neat to see Shadow Weaver use Scorpia's help more. I don't know why they didn't pursue these and other story points more instead of dropping her. I know Entrapta has her fans, but this Etherian boy misses his Scorpia after season 1.

Speaking of new characters, it was so nice to have new characters in this season to keep my motivation going. Octavia, Voltak, Admiral Scurvy, Perfuma, and especially Mermista (a favorite of mine)---some "new life" as far as screencapping goes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Wow, Again a great job and dedication to the series. Thank you so much fore these and all the work you had with it. They are awesome. The Lair of Scorpia looks amazing as does the cottage of Madame Razz. And it's great to finally have some quality pics of Castle Brightmoon, Red Eyes, Kowla and Voltak and all the nice places on Etheria. Thanks alot :-)
    Thanks Orb, glad you like them. And yes, being a Scorpia lover I love her dwelling Scorpion Hill, and being a Madame Razz-lover as well, I totally love her cottage---I was thrilled when I first watched the DVDs and saw it for the first time!

Ahhhh - There they are Thanks! They look great!

Totally agree. I think focusing more attention on Catra being promoted to Force Captain and Scorpia being jealous and bitter over that would have been great. And Scorpia gets along well with Shadow Weaver (see "Troll's Dream"), so it would have been neat to see Shadow Weaver use Scorpia's help more. I don't know why they didn't pursue these and other story points more instead of dropping her. I know Entrapta has her fans, but this Etherian boy misses his Scorpia after season 1.

There were lots of chances within the show to build on existing relationships. I really thought that something neat was going on between Octavia and Hordak. Yes, he thought he was better than her (he thinks that way about everybody), but he still showed her more respect than the others. I didn't notice Scorpia and Weaver getting along...I actually always liked seeing Scorpia and Catra together because they seemed like such a fun duo.

Is Scorpia scarce after season one? Hmm. That's a shame. You'd think I'd know this - having now seen all the episodes (he says proudly) - but I've been trying not to watch the show all the time so as to not memorize every episode by heart.

Case in point, I just watched "Gateway to Trouble" as though it was my first viewing. Had completely forgotten the events of that episode.

Speaking of new characters, it was so nice to have new characters in this season to keep my motivation going. Octavia, Voltak, Admiral Scurvy, Perfuma, and especially Mermista (a favorite of mine)---some "new life" as far as screencapping goes, lol.

Yeah, lots of cool people popping up in the second DVD set. Scurvy was nice, but I'm glad he never made a reappearance. It wouldn't have felt as special seeing him getting dunked by Hordak in the Fright Zone. Mermista is pretty neat too, but that accent sometimes make me cringe...I think I'm starting to like it now though.

Thank you so so much for these...They're extremely useful!!

Hope you can do Season 2 soon

Thanks again!
    Toy Boys, Inc. Customs here ----> http://www.flickr.com/toyboys-inc

add us on Facebook! ToyBoys Movies

There were lots of chances within the show to build on existing relationships.
    Yes, there were...Fraggle Rock was really good with that.

I didn't notice Scorpia and Weaver getting along.
    It's in "Troll's Dream". It's very subtle because Scorpia and Shadow Weaver's screen time is quite brief. But basically it looks like Shadow Weaver needed Scorpia's help via The Crawler to break into that mountain to get that jewel thingy. And in what little dialogue they had, they were cooperative, so I like to think that Scorpia didn't mind helping her fellow Horde hench-woman with the magic powers, and Weaver appreciates Scorpia's agreeableness to help her, since Catra is against Weaver's magic (see what an imagination I have? LOL)

I actually always liked seeing Scorpia and Catra together because they seemed like such a fun duo.
    Oh they totally were since they didn't like each other. They'll tolerate each other and even work together civilly at times, but it is fun seeing them "go at it". Like I said earlier, this should have been explored more since Hordak chose Catra, not Scorpia, notably, to be the new Force Captain.

Is Scorpia scarce after season one? Hmm. That's a shame. You'd think I'd know this - having now seen all the episodes (he says proudly) - but I've been trying not to watch the show all the time so as to not memorize every episode by heart.
    Well, she's only scarce after season 1 if by "scarce" you mean non-existent. Yup, for some reason the writers never used her in season 2. I remember being SOOOO pumped to get POP 2 when it was coming out, and I posted about how I was so excited about "More Scorpia and Leech! YES!" and someone responded with, "Scorpia and Leech aren't in season 2". Aauuugggh!

As it turns out, Scorpia is in fact not anywhere in season 2, but Leech is in a few episodes. But still, no Scorpia really burned me up and made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by toyboys inc View Post
    Thank you so so much for these...They're extremely useful!!

Hope you can do Season 2 soon

Thanks again!
    You're welcome! And regarding season 2, well, I have to do it---I can't do this much and leave off, I have to finish it out! lol

Yeah, I just watched Leech the other day in that hilarious episode where Bow and Glimmer suddenly become incompetant and She-Ra stops Catra from killing them only to tell them to smarten up and then back away Funny, funny moment. The one with the crystal crown, I think.

I like to think that Scorpia didn't mind helping her fellow Horde hench-woman with the magic powers, and Weaver appreciates Scorpia's agreeableness to help her, since Catra is against Weaver's magic
    But didn't Catra want to become a sorceress as well? That was always the impression I had. After all, she poisonned Hordak, right? And having not seen Magicats until recently, I figured her mask was something she powered herself...
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; October 15, 2011 at 12:43am.

But didn't Catra want to become a sorceress as well? That was always the impression I had. After all, she poisonned Hordak, right? And having not seen Magicats until recently, I figured her mask was something she powered herself...
    Catra didn't want to be a sorceress, she didn't even like sorcery. I thought it was implied/referenced in several episodes that Catra didn't care for Weaver and her magic, because she always advocated technology. In "Into the Sixth Dimension" they fight over which to use, technology or magic, each using her preference, which sends Hordak and She-Ra into the other dimension (if I'm not mixing up 2 episodes, LOL...I know I have the "preference battle" part right). There's a similar moment at the beginning of "Of Shadows and Skulls" too.

Yes, Catra poisoned Hordak via the Doomberry Pie. But that's just nature, naturally-grown and found berries, not sorcery.

And yeah, that whole Magicats episode showing Catra to actually be "FauxCatra" kinda takes away some of her mystique to me. Eh.

Yes, Catra poisoned Hordak via the Doomberry Pie. But that's just nature, naturally-grown and found berries, not sorcery.

Yup, you're right. And she does blame Weaver's "Stupid Magic" for her failure to capture Adora in "Skulls". I always took that to be more about her being a back-stabbing teammate than an actual issue with Weaver in particular or her magic. Catra's just a bi-otch, itch-bay...plain and simple

Why hasn't He-Man.org hosted these galleries on the main site yet? I've had some trouble in the past accessing the Kodak site, and fear the images will be lost to time...

Someone should really feature these on the main site. Isn't there a section for each show anyways? Let's fill it!

Hey DisneyBoy, well, have no fear, because I still have all of the photos myself. I'm not sure why some folks have trouble accessing them, I suspect it's due to some kind of change at the Kodak site since I posted them.

That said, I would be more than happy for He-Man.org to host my POP photo galleries for all the POP fans out there. Honestly I haven't really explored the .Org much, I'm just so used to having the forums bookmarked and come straight here, lol. But I do wanna change that and start exploring the whole .Org more.

So, not surprisingly, I'm clueless about any galleries here at the .Org. But that sounds like a great and convenient idea!

I'll email someone and see if the timing is right for something like that. I know the site's always getting updates...

UPDATE! Mer-Man, Emiliano has given us/you the go-ahead to add these pictures to the He-Man.org website! That way, they'll be permanently hosted someplace everyone can see them

Here's his advice:

"Just log in on the site, navigate to the episodes pages in the cartoon section and follow the instruction from the site help (http://www.he-man.org/site_help.php) on how to post images :-)"

EDIT: Okay, I just tried to post a picture, but because they're not downloaded onto my computer, I couldn't do it. And I can't download them from the Kodak albums...the best I could do is print-screen the buggers, and the quality there wouldn't be so good.

Looks like it's up to you Mer-Man!

Sound good?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; December 1, 2010 at 06:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost