Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Large scale beast, creature and steed speculation thread

Hybrid View

Large scale beast, creature and steed speculation thread

Let's face it, We're all stoked about Battle Cat! Well shoot, that means Panthor is next out of the giant litter box and then what? How about this guy!

Not a huge fan of the POP series but who could pass on a Pegasus when you're playing in the mystical D&D like setting of Eternia!
    Although I think its about a 50-50 shot at Swifty, these others are just pipe dreams........but Darn cool pics

I guess that last one isnt that far fetched with He-Ro comming out but then again......
    BTW Earl Norem is a GENIUS

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    He's a Unicorn and a Pegasus!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    He's a Unicorn and a Pegasus!
    you're killin me Judah....but ok...how about a Pegacorn? Or A Unisus?

While I'd love to see Swift Wind make an appearance in MOTU Classics, I think he may be quite a way off, due to the fact that he'd require a total new sculpt.

However, using Battle Cat's mold they could easily produce Clawdeen. Which is great, but unfortunately we'll probably see Clawdeen well before Swift Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    While I'd love to see Swift Wind make an appearance in MOTU Classics, I think he may be quite a way off, due to the fact that he'd require a total new sculpt.

However, using Battle Cat's mold they could easily produce Clawdeen. Which is great, but unfortunately we'll probably see Clawdeen well before Swift Wind.
    Do you really think they'd produce such minor character like Clawdeen before Swifty? I mean, maybe in the beginning but the budget has got to be getting bigger by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    Do you really think they'd produce such minor character like Clawdeen before Swifty? I mean, maybe in the beginning but the budget has got to be getting bigger by now.
    I think Mattel will repaint/reuse anything to make an additional figure!!

I think releasing Clawdeen early, actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Even though the character is much more obscure than Swift Wind, I'm sure the POP fans will be happy to get her. The creatures will also be bonus figures for the month, so Clawdeen wouldn't take a figure's monthly slot. With that in mind, it's almost a no-brainer for Mattel to throw some pink paint on BC and have a bonus for a certain month. Obviously she'd probably have a lowered production, but I'm sure enough Clawdeens would sell to pay for the pink paint and then some!!

Also, if she's made, that basically guarantees they'll release Swift Wind eventually. I mean there's no way Mattel would release Clawdeen and leave out Swifty, is there?

Realistically, I think we could see Swifty. If he's done in a way where the wings and horn are added to the base buck, then that buck could also be used for Spirit, Arrow and Teela's Golden horse from the Ladybird books (OK, that last one is beyond a long shot lol!)

Gotta think along the lines of reuse, so quite possible Beasts after Battle Cat could be Panthor, Battle Lion (I know he's bigger than BC in the toon, but hey, Grayskull is meant to be bigger than He-Man), Clawdeen, and maybe, just maybe, Illumina's Snow Cat.

If Cringer is a smaller cat, then maybe he can be reused for Catra's Cat form.

Zoar can be reused for Screech and Veena's Falcon form.

Stridor could be a possibility, because then we can also get Night Stalker
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Realistically, I think we could see Swifty. If he's done in a way where the wings and horn are added to the base buck, then that buck could also be used for Spirit, Arrow and Teela's Golden horse from the Ladybird books (OK, that last one is beyond a long shot lol!)

Gotta think along the lines of reuse, so quite possible Beasts after Battle Cat could be Panthor, Battle Lion (I know he's bigger than BC in the toon, but hey, Grayskull is meant to be bigger than He-Man), Clawdeen, and maybe, just maybe, Illumina's Snow Cat.

If Cringer is a smaller cat, then maybe he can be reused for Catra's Cat form.

All really great points TM and I'd also like to add that Battle Cat, and to a lesser extent Panthor, is a great classic Character just like the other figures. He's not just a vehicle, but a Hero, or Villain as the case may be. Which is why Swifty may get some love from the higher ups because he's one of the pivotal Characters from the series, not just a battleram.(Which is cool for a different reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post

I could definitely see these guys coming in the next year or two.

Out of Zoar we could also get a Screech and Glory Bird! Also, because Mattel have sculpted a large bird for the DCUC line they could just reuse that as the base figure, it looked spot on as a MOTU & POP bird (IMO). There would be very little to no tooling dollars necessary with these three animals (there might be some armour with all three birds.) Still very cheep figures for Matty to produce that many MOTU & POP fans will want!

Swiftwind would sell well IMO, if he was done in his royal Swiftwind colors (Filmation would of course be my first choice), but royal swiftwind will be the best colors we could hope for.

http://www.kryptoys.com/picsfolder/s...RSW-103.01.jpg

(IMO) He also is a good investment because if POP takes off in MOTUC (with the 4h at the helm this could very well happen) out of that sculpt Mattel could produce, Arrow, Storm, Sun Dancer & Moon Beam. I am not saying they would produce all of these, (Perticularly the latter one's), but this is the potential they could get out of tooling one swiftwind mold! Also if they make him quite stocky, with different armour attachments they might even be able to attempt Stridor and Night Stalker (if they reimagined them hybred techno / organic creations). I feel very confident we will see swifty at some point, Clawdeen as well. But Arrow & Storm would be very cool!

When I was a kid I always used to imagine Hordak rode Storm, but not as he was in toy form. I always wanted Storm to look more like the steed Venger rode in D&D, but with bat wings & a few horde symbols all around his body an one as his face mask, with a white body & black main and tail! Kind of like an evil version of Swiftwind but without the unicorne horne!
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 17, 2009 at 12:10am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

If nothing else, I want Swifty to join BC and Panthor! (He should be able to convert to Spirit, of course...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I really want Swifty but I agree in Royal Swifty colors.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Swift Wind is a necessity. I have a hard time picturing She-Ra without him. Much Like He-man/Battle Cat.

Personally I would love the dinosaurs too... but I doubt they'll ever come out

The mandatory one (for me) are Battle Cat, Panthor, Swift wind. If they make them I'll be happy.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I am a huge die hard POP fan but yeah, I must say that I find Madam Razz and Kowl pretty pathetic. HOWEVER... I still cannot believe how badass and cool the 200X Orko is. In fact he may actually be the best figure of that whole toyline! While I feel that we'll be getting a lot of figures before those two, I'm sure the 4 horsemen could totally turn them into something cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Definitely bring on the steeds!

Battlecat, Panthor, and Swift-Wind are a given.

I do hope that we see Mantisaur, Stridor, and Night-Stalker (just to name a few) produced as well.

I am still most excited for STRIDOR. But I also really wish they would get around to releasing updates of the POP horses so the Rebellion would have something to ride in on.

Heck, even a new concept Rebellion steed would be nifty....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    The horses would be cool, but I NEED Battle Cat and the rest of the cats. Battle Cat and Skeletor were my first two figures way back in 1982, and Battle Cat is my favorite character. I've customized more me Battle Cat and Cringer than any other character. I have all 4 Battle Cats, 3 Panthors, and Clawdeen, and want more. I have them all on display together with several me my customs, and my DuelMasters DeathLiger, and Bakugan Tigrerra. I NEED the cats!
    Last edited by DreamTripper; June 20, 2009 at 02:12am.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Masters Of The Universe & Their Mounts

He-Man/Prince Adam had Battle Cat/Cringer!

Skeletor had Panthor!

Fisto had Stridor!

Jitsu had Night Stalker!

She-Ra/Princess Adora had Swift Wind/Spirit!

Which other classic Masters Of The Universe characters deserved mounts and if they are made into MOTUC toys, what should they ride??? I'll go first...

Ram-Man gets a Battle Bear!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

King Grayskull and Battle Lion

Hordak has Mantisaur.
    King Hiss had Tyrantisaurus Rex
    He-Ro either had Turbodactyl or Bionatops
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Hordak has Mantisaur.
    King Hiss had Tyrantisaurus Rex
    He-Ro either had Turbodactyl or Bionatops
    I saw how some people were arguing that Mantisaur wasn't actually Hordak's mount, so I didn't include it.

I stopped getting the original MOTU toys before the line was winding down, so I'm not very familiar with the unproduced Power Of Grayskull line. If He-Ro, who I've become fond of very quickly, has one of those as a mount, I hope it's Bionatops.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I alwasys considered Mantisaur to be his mount. I hope they make more steeds and vehicles for this line soon

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I saw how some people were arguing that Mantisaur wasn't actually Hordak's mount, so I didn't include it.
    For me Mantisaur is Hordakīs mount, so itīs fine.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    King Grayskull and Battle Lion
    Oh man I soooo hope for that! Maybe Battle Lion could be a variant for Battle Cat!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Widget
    Re-watching the 2000 MYP Cartoon made me want Beastman's Griffin - I would think MOTU Classics Battlecats' main body would work - just sculpt a new head, tail and tweak the legs. Maybe the wings could be remedied via the harness/saddle. I could live with the cheat in size just for the chance to have a new beast in the line!