Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 108

Thread: Large scale beast, creature and steed speculation thread

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Captjhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    477

    Large scale beast, creature and steed speculation thread

    Let's face it, We're all stoked about Battle Cat! Well shoot, that means Panthor is next out of the giant litter box and then what? How about this guy!

    Not a huge fan of the POP series but who could pass on a Pegasus when you're playing in the mystical D&D like setting of Eternia!
    Although I think its about a 50-50 shot at Swifty, these others are just pipe dreams........but Darn cool pics



    I guess that last one isnt that far fetched with He-Ro comming out but then again......
    BTW Earl Norem is a GENIUS

  2. #2
    Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,032
    He's a Unicorn and a Pegasus!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

    Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Captjhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    He's a Unicorn and a Pegasus!
    you're killin me Judah....but ok...how about a Pegacorn? Or A Unisus?

  4. #4
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,991
    While I'd love to see Swift Wind make an appearance in MOTU Classics, I think he may be quite a way off, due to the fact that he'd require a total new sculpt.

    However, using Battle Cat's mold they could easily produce Clawdeen. Which is great, but unfortunately we'll probably see Clawdeen well before Swift Wind.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Captjhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    While I'd love to see Swift Wind make an appearance in MOTU Classics, I think he may be quite a way off, due to the fact that he'd require a total new sculpt.

    However, using Battle Cat's mold they could easily produce Clawdeen. Which is great, but unfortunately we'll probably see Clawdeen well before Swift Wind.
    Do you really think they'd produce such minor character like Clawdeen before Swifty? I mean, maybe in the beginning but the budget has got to be getting bigger by now.

  6. #6
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,060
    Realistically, I think we could see Swifty. If he's done in a way where the wings and horn are added to the base buck, then that buck could also be used for Spirit, Arrow and Teela's Golden horse from the Ladybird books (OK, that last one is beyond a long shot lol!)

    Gotta think along the lines of reuse, so quite possible Beasts after Battle Cat could be Panthor, Battle Lion (I know he's bigger than BC in the toon, but hey, Grayskull is meant to be bigger than He-Man), Clawdeen, and maybe, just maybe, Illumina's Snow Cat.

    If Cringer is a smaller cat, then maybe he can be reused for Catra's Cat form.

    Zoar can be reused for Screech and Veena's Falcon form.

    Stridor could be a possibility, because then we can also get Night Stalker
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Captjhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Realistically, I think we could see Swifty. If he's done in a way where the wings and horn are added to the base buck, then that buck could also be used for Spirit, Arrow and Teela's Golden horse from the Ladybird books (OK, that last one is beyond a long shot lol!)

    Gotta think along the lines of reuse, so quite possible Beasts after Battle Cat could be Panthor, Battle Lion (I know he's bigger than BC in the toon, but hey, Grayskull is meant to be bigger than He-Man), Clawdeen, and maybe, just maybe, Illumina's Snow Cat.

    If Cringer is a smaller cat, then maybe he can be reused for Catra's Cat form.

    Zoar can be reused for Screech and Veena's Falcon form.

    Stridor could be a possibility, because then we can also get Night Stalker
    All really great points TM and I'd also like to add that Battle Cat, and to a lesser extent Panthor, is a great classic Character just like the other figures. He's not just a vehicle, but a Hero, or Villain as the case may be. Which is why Swifty may get some love from the higher ups because he's one of the pivotal Characters from the series, not just a battleram.(Which is cool for a different reason)

  8. #8
    Born Villain dedset13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    Do you really think they'd produce such minor character like Clawdeen before Swifty? I mean, maybe in the beginning but the budget has got to be getting bigger by now.
    I think Mattel will repaint/reuse anything to make an additional figure!!

    I think releasing Clawdeen early, actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Even though the character is much more obscure than Swift Wind, I'm sure the POP fans will be happy to get her. The creatures will also be bonus figures for the month, so Clawdeen wouldn't take a figure's monthly slot. With that in mind, it's almost a no-brainer for Mattel to throw some pink paint on BC and have a bonus for a certain month. Obviously she'd probably have a lowered production, but I'm sure enough Clawdeens would sell to pay for the pink paint and then some!!

    Also, if she's made, that basically guarantees they'll release Swift Wind eventually. I mean there's no way Mattel would release Clawdeen and leave out Swifty, is there?

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior DaBigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia...
    Posts
    303
    I would bet my house on seeing Panthor, Stridor and Nightstalker long before any POP animals or vehicles.........

  10. #10
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Zoar can be reused for Screech and Veena's Falcon form.

    Stridor could be a possibility, because then we can also get Night Stalker
    I could definitely see these guys coming in the next year or two.

  11. #11
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,081
    Out of Zoar we could also get a Screech and Glory Bird! Also, because Mattel have sculpted a large bird for the DCUC line they could just reuse that as the base figure, it looked spot on as a MOTU & POP bird (IMO). There would be very little to no tooling dollars necessary with these three animals (there might be some armour with all three birds.) Still very cheep figures for Matty to produce that many MOTU & POP fans will want!

    Swiftwind would sell well IMO, if he was done in his royal Swiftwind colors (Filmation would of course be my first choice), but royal swiftwind will be the best colors we could hope for.

    http://www.kryptoys.com/picsfolder/s...RSW-103.01.jpg

    (IMO) He also is a good investment because if POP takes off in MOTUC (with the 4h at the helm this could very well happen) out of that sculpt Mattel could produce, Arrow, Storm, Sun Dancer & Moon Beam. I am not saying they would produce all of these, (Perticularly the latter one's), but this is the potential they could get out of tooling one swiftwind mold! Also if they make him quite stocky, with different armour attachments they might even be able to attempt Stridor and Night Stalker (if they reimagined them hybred techno / organic creations). I feel very confident we will see swifty at some point, Clawdeen as well. But Arrow & Storm would be very cool!

    When I was a kid I always used to imagine Hordak rode Storm, but not as he was in toy form. I always wanted Storm to look more like the steed Venger rode in D&D, but with bat wings & a few horde symbols all around his body an one as his face mask, with a white body & black main and tail! Kind of like an evil version of Swiftwind but without the unicorne horne!
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 17, 2009 at 12:10am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior sweetleprachaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, Az
    Posts
    432
    I have no doubt the eagle packed in with the Wonder Twins will be repainted into Zoar,Screech and Glory Bird.

    As for Clawdeen, Mattel themselves threw her name into the mix. However, I would rather see Swift Wind then Clawdeen. Isn't there a Barbie horse they could repaint into Swift Wind ala the 80's Swifty ?

    Time will tell.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Xena-She-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    343
    Actually Swifty isn't called a Pegasus or just a Unicorn, his actually called a Winged Unicorn coz I have been a Unicorn/pegasus/winged unicorn lover since I was a kid & I have books & info & yeh their real name is a Winged Unicorn. LOL Not sure if use really care but just wanted to state that fact ha ha.

    Ok as for a Swifty figure I am really praying they make him & I have wrote about it in many of my post's. He is one of my fav characters & I would love to see a proper Swifty figure made & not one like the original figure.

    Why did Swifty go from being white with blue in his wings (or I should say multi coloured wings) to his toy release as PINK.....Grrrrrrrrrrr

    So I am really hoping that if & wen Swifty gets a release in the MOTUC that he actually looks like Swify from the cartoon or as close as possible & that he will be fully articulated.

    I also hope that we wont have to wait too much longer, so lets hope She-Ra is released soon & then not to far in the future Swifty can fly in2 action.
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior victoryleo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    382
    very cool ideas all around! i want skeletors big spider vehicle! i loved that thing as a kid ( a friend of mine had it i think) and i always wanted one. stridor would be a totally awesome vehicle for sure with the 4H behind it!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Jo-Ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post

    Why did Swifty go from being white with blue in his wings (or I should say multi coloured wings) to his toy release as PINK.....Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I really hope they tone down all the pinkness. I love She-ra, but I want it to fit with MOTU, and not be so pre-teen girly. I'm sure they will do an amazing job with whatever characters they release.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Kinghsss456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    572
    I think the steeds (as well as the vehicles) are an important part of MOTU and i cant wait to get them. What bothers be about Mattel is that we have to wait every 3-4 months before we find out what is next. Dont get me wrong its a good wait but I love this line and I am just so ready to see more of it. Sorry about my lil rant Ok back to the Steeds, IMO the sooner we get them the happier I will be. As noted from Toy Guru that there is a good chance we can get two items a month. maybe some months we can get a figure and steed/vehicle

  17. #17
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,180
    I hope they make a Swift Wind! Didn't Teela also have a golden unicorn in at least one of the early minicomics?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Bulkhide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vagabond
    Posts
    1,567
    I would love to have Swift Wind.
    Despite being a dude, I had She-Ra & Swift Wind back in the day. I'd love to have them posed beside He-Man & Battle Cat on a shelf now with all the awesomeness of the 4H.

    My three most wanted steeds are:
    1. Battle Cat - CHECK!
    2. Stridor - I hope.
    3. Panthor - Pretty Much Guaranteed.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Captjhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    477
    Yea, I think Mattel said at NYCC, right after they revealed info on BC he pretty much admitted that Panthor is a given. Which is fine but I honestly like Skeletor atop somthing more menacing like Spydor, or his Chariot which I think was one of the master strokes of 200X line

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior artodron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South
    Posts
    659
    That picture Of She-ra & Swiftwind (by the way) is real close to how I hope they look in MotUC. From She-ras armor, shield, & sword to the more realistic look Swiftwind has.

    The Sorceress also looks amazing!

    Can you imagine The Four Horsemen sculpting Spydor! Put him right at the top of my wish list!

    Earl Norem is a GENIUS Captjhan!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

  21. #21
    Spirit of She-Ra ! Angel-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cornwall, England
    Posts
    4,081
    I love that picture of the Sorceress appearing in the clouds above Etheria, as She-Ra is leaving the Crystal Castle, The way the Sorceress is empowering She-Ra's sword reminds me that She-Ra draws her powers from Grayskull as well as the Crystal Castle. It's a lovely moment between these two characters that we never got to see in the POP cartoon. If Mattel used this design for MOTUC She-Ra & Swiftwind I would be very happy, But I hope Swifty would be white rather than pink, with a redish main & tail.
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 17, 2009 at 05:22pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

    I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

    IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

  22. #22
    Evil Master of Punishment Spankor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    62
    Ugh...please no flying unicorns.

    I can handle a few POP characters, like She-Ra, anything Horde-related, even Bow, I guess (since He-Ro looks like him anyways), but keep that weird witch and creepy little owl out of MOTUC.

    Start a POPC if the demand is there, but limit what goes into MOTUC.

    Just my opinion.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Spankor View Post
    Ugh...please no flying unicorns.

    I can handle a few POP characters, like She-Ra, anything Horde-related, even Bow, I guess (since He-Ro looks like him anyways), but keep that weird witch and creepy little owl out of MOTUC.
    Sorry, but Swift Wind is as essential to She-Ra as Battle Cat is to He-Man. I'm certain he'll be getting made.

    And when you say weird witch, do you mean Madame Razz or Shadow Weaver?

    I'm actually quite fond of Razz, and i'd love to have a figure of her (with Broom of course).

    It's just a shame that both the heroic and evil Etherian witches are off-limits.

  24. #24
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,772
    If nothing else, I want Swifty to join BC and Panthor! (He should be able to convert to Spirit, of course...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior greenstar1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    386
    I really want Swifty but I agree in Royal Swifty colors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •