Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Large scale beast, creature and steed speculation thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    BATTLE BONES is everybody's!
    Dang! I was hoping someone was going to go to the trouble of coming up with a hero(or villain) for every open spot on Battle Bones.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Something like Arrow or Storm would be a very real possibility, almost inevitability, if we get Swifty to go with She-Ra (assuming we get Bow and Catra, that is). Same goes for Stridor and Night Stalker. Any steed they can use more than once is a candidate for production if Battle Cat and Panthor do well (and Panthor is a given unless Battle Cat doesn't sell, a very unlikely possibility).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Surprised no one has mentioned Beastman and his Griffen!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    And Mer-Man has that huge sea monster (cf. 200X cartoon) !

Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    SLIGHT Filmation curveball here...

*** I totally found the green winged dragon in a thrift store last year and bought him. I wondered what he was from, and thought he'd be cool with my MOTU collection. Now I'm glad I found him! Mine has yellow wings, though... is that a variant???

Heroic Warrior
    Mine has yellow wings, though... is that a variant???
    Blackstar's dragon is called Warlock, and yes, there were 2 versions. You can see them both here for a comparison : http://www.action-figures.ca/blackstar.htm

I always thought Warlock was a real cool steed, and I wish there was some kind of dragon like him in MOTU (Granamyr is different because he's a wise/intelligent dragon, while Blackstar's Warlock is just an animal).

By the way, the Mongor dragon is cool too ! I wonder if it's hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Blackstar's dragon is called Warlock, and yes, there were 2 versions. You can see them both here for a comparison : http://www.action-figures.ca/blackstar.htm

I always thought Warlock was a real cool steed, and I wish there was some kind of dragon like him in MOTU (Granamyr is different because he's a wise/intelligent dragon, while Blackstar's Warlock is just an animal).

By the way, the Mongor dragon is cool too ! I wonder if it's hard to find...
    It's funny how Filmation, not having much success with Blackstar, scored such a huge hit with He-Man a few years later. While He-Man has so much more going for it than Blackstar imo, they are similar enough that the failure of one is surprising.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe the Blackstar toon was not a success, but the toys were !

It's very interesting to see how similar the concept of some cartoon/toy universes were in the 80's.

Thundarr, Blackstar, Masters of the Universe, New Adventures of He-Man, Thundercats, Tigersharks, Silverhawks, The Unfaceable, Princess of Power, Golden Girl... just to name a few.

All with their own specificities, all with their differences. Some were very popular and sold very good, others not... but they all have a special place in my heart !

It's very interesting to see how similar the concept of some cartoon/toy universes were in the 80's.

Thundarr, Blackstar, Masters of the Universe, New Adventures of He-Man, Thundercats, Tigersharks, Silverhawks, The Unfaceable, Princess of Power, Golden Girl... just to name a few.

All with their own specificities, all with their differences. Some were very popular and sold very good, others not... but they all have a special place in my heart !
    I wish they were more successful. They look pretty cool online, but I really don't remember seeing them as a kid(maybe at garage sales, but not toy store shelves). Add that to a list of 80's franchise relaunches I wish we got but never did. I've already got Thundercats, C.O.P.S., M.A.S.K., D&D toyline, Maxx Steele/Roboforce, and the Gobots(yes I'm serious about the last 2) on my list.

I'm still waiting for my Thundarr DVD!!! What surprises me about that show(and Dungeons & Dragons as well) is that I loved it but don't remember it having so few episodes. I could have sworn they made over 50. Although, as fond as some kids are of watching things over and over again, maybe I was guilty of that as well. MOTU fans really lucked out considering they had 130 episodes made for them(not even counting She-Ra). Super Friends didn't even get past 100 and they were on 6 times as long as He-Man(through various incarnations).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 2, 2009 at 08:11pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It's funny how Filmation, not having much success with Blackstar, scored such a huge hit with He-Man a few years later. While He-Man has so much more going for it than Blackstar imo, they are similar enough that the failure of one is surprising.
    I think it comes as no surprise at all that is wasn't a success if you've watched the entire series.
    There's only two episodes I even consider watching again.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I saw how some people were arguing that Mantisaur wasn't actually Hordak's mount, so I didn't include it.
    For me Mantisaur is Hordakīs mount, so itīs fine.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    For me Mantisaur is Hordakīs mount, so itīs fine.
    I kind of like the idea of Mantisaur being Mosquitor's steed since they look very similar, almost like the same species.

Marzo had his dogs. They were not really mounts but he could probably ride them.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Shadow Master is Kol Darr`s winged steed
    (MOTU episode: "Double Trouble")

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Shadow Master is Kol Darr`s winged steed
    (MOTU episode: "Double Trouble")
    But Filmation is offlimits so that character can't be in MotuC.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I kind of like the idea of Mantisaur being Mosquitor's steed since they look very similar, almost like the same species.

That reminds me of Pluto and Goofy. If they're the same species, is one of them a slave or just unevolved?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Mantisaur is shown with Hordak as his rider, and they even came in a two pack together. But I do love the similarity between him/it and Mosquitor for sure.

A release of the mounts with thier respective rider as a two pack or the mount as a single release would be awesome. Just because they are sold out anyways and some people might want them both, but some people might just want the mount.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    BATTLE BONES is everybody's!
    Wow, Battle Bones is a *****
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Anyone have pics of MOTUC on Original mounts?

Id love for Teela to finally have her unicorn, just like the concept art and mini comics, Teela needs her steed! please

Does Zodac’s flying chair count? Either way, I hope it gets made.

I bought a MANTISAUR on ebay and it arrived today. IT'S REALLY COOL!

I totally accept Mantisaur as Hordak's version of Battle Cat, but I also think that it would be cool to see a legion of those things charging into battle with Hordak's henchmen; that would be cool, also!

Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by KING HISS View Post
    Does Zodac’s flying chair count? Either way, I hope it gets made.

I wouldn't mind it, but it was too close to the New God's Metron imho.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Court Magician
    i remember seeing an early battle cat avdert/artwork showing he-man in the foreground on battle cat and skeletor and beastman on two identical tigers like battle cat i believe skeletors had a mask on but beastmans did not, i kinda of like a whole race of battlecats being used by different forces although cringer being battle cat is only through transformation so wonder how skelly and beastman got theres?????????????

Widget
    Re-watching the 2000 MYP Cartoon made me want Beastman's Griffin - I would think MOTU Classics Battlecats' main body would work - just sculpt a new head, tail and tweak the legs. Maybe the wings could be remedied via the harness/saddle. I could live with the cheat in size just for the chance to have a new beast in the line!