Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Man-At-Arms Reviews and Pictures! (Video Review coming soon!)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    -MAA's head can be positioned so that all but his eyes are behind the face shield. It's pretty sweet.
    Nice!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Ok, I posted before that MAA is little bland even with the extra accesories, but now... I'M TAKING THAT BACK!

MAA looks awesome. And his Army Men too as well!

Pixel Dan! I can't wait for your review! I always love your reviews. It gives a personal touch to every figure especially when you can hear the joys and dissapointments on the reviewer's voice!

Usually, it's the "joy" part I like most! Your tone takes that tad high note when you approved of something!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    -MAA's head can be positioned so that all but his eyes are behind the face shield. It's pretty sweet.
    Cool! That's what I liked about the 200X version. Nonetheless, I'm still trying to figure out what a half-mask that is open in the back is supposed to do with that breathing equipment...or whatever that is. Always liked it, but I don't know enough about that sort of stuff to make up a use for his faceplate being hooked to that machinery.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Your tone takes that tad high note when you approved of something!
    What can I say, I'm passionate. Some like my style, some don't. But that's just me, so I won't change that!

Glad you enjoy the reviews. Always makes me feel good to see comments like yours.

I'll be hard at work tonight getting these new videos finished up for viewing!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Thanks for posting such detailed pics! Great glimpse of what I hope to be buying here in less than a month!

At first I was certain that I'd prefer the mustached Duncan, but now I don't know... it seems like the mustache needs to be bushier or something (more like a Magnum PI mustache)! But he looks like a great figure overall! Also, thanks Pixel Dan for the detailed pictures.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Damn you Pixel Dan!! You already have MAA , I hate you! LOL
    Kidding of course buddy!
    I bet that MAA is the best figure so far. You are one lucky dude!!
    Thanks for the pics man.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I love your reviews, Dan. I even go back and watch the old ones. Hurry up and finish MAA's!!!

I think Man-At-Arms is the best figure in the Classics line so far. I like that he comes with the extra mustached head but I'll primarily be using the vintage head on him. I can do without the '02 sword but I like the blaster and sword from the old Castle Grayskull weapons rack. And the removable weapons "backpack" is a nice touch. Mattel could've just gave him his mace and I would have been happy but they really went the extra mile with old Duncan. Good job Mattell and thanks for the review Pixel Dan.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Pixel Dan, is the little 'pouch' at the bottom of MAA weapons rack removable? It appeared to be on the test shot fig.

I wish people that do reviews learned to take "decent" pictures of the figures...
    How can you translate your views with over-exposed pics?...
    Using an automatic camera with flash and macro isn't always the best way to take pics...
    Just saying!...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    A question Pix Dan, out of the new MOTUC 200x sword and the old 200x sword, which do you think is better. I prefer the one from the 200x cartoon so I'm gonna try to sculpt my own.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; June 17, 2009 at 10:02pm.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I wish people that do reviews learned to take "decent" pictures of the figures...
    Using an automatic camera with flash and macro isn't always the best way to take pics...
    Just saying!...
    You do realize the reviews are actually in video form... at least when it comes to PixelDan... the pics are just icing on the top as far as I'm concerned.

I think the pics look great! A lot better than I could do!

Nice work, Dan!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

https://www.ebluejay.com/store/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

man nice pics pixel dan MAA really look killer. i cant wait to see your video review

....and i dont care what others say i LOVE your reviews. all these other reviewers sound very boring and dry. i can tell your enthusiasm and your love of Masters when i see your videos. and for me that makes me come back keep up the good work...no offense to the other reviewers on this board.
    Last edited by LookAway; June 17, 2009 at 11:43pm. Reason: missed a few points
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Keep up the good work Pixel Dan !!!
    Last edited by Vorgon; June 17, 2009 at 11:42pm.

Dan is it a bit of a buzz kill getting the figs early - like being a movie insider who never gets to enjoy a film the way the public does? Or are you like, "Ha, the rest of you fools got to wait a month!" Just wondering. Great job BTW - love your reviews.

i LOVE that 2002 power sword. two things i love about it

1. it doesnt have that STUPID spinning/twisting gimmick

2. that it has been subtly redesigned to include the original power sword's hilt shape on the blade. very cool little easter egg, especially since it was supposed to be created by MAA
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    Lol, Ok you can have mine too, I was gonna throw it out too!
    I'll take it AJ!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Just saying!...
    No, I totally get what you're saying here. But my reviews are in video form, in which I have a lot of better equipment for. My camera is not that great, but I only take pictures so that there is something I can post for everyone while I'm in the process of video editing.

You're completely right, though. I feel that written reviews that utilize photos should have good photos. My since my style is videos, and I'm better at that, I put all of my focus on the filming and editing aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf
    Dan is it a bit of a buzz kill getting the figs early - like being a movie insider who never gets to enjoy a film the way the public does? Or are you like, "Ha, the rest of you fools got to wait a month!" Just wondering. Great job BTW - love your reviews.
    Not going to lie, I love getting the figure early. And I really enjoy reviewing them and being one of the few to give a first impression. But when it comes around tot he 15th of each month, it's weird because the excitement everyone else has completely escapes me. I do still usually hop on to order one or two for my buddy Scotty, but it is a bit of an odd feeling not being as anxious as everyone else.

Hello He-Fans and She-Ravers!

Please do not insult people who take the time to do reviews with photos by attacking the quality of their photos.

These reviewers do those reviews voluntarily.

If you do not like the quality of the photos in a review, you are encouraged to do your own review with your own photos that meet your individual standards.

Thank you!

Hey Pixel, one question I forgot: Is MAA's mace really heavy? I'm worried his wrist won't be able to hold the weight on it's own (kinda like Skeletor's staff).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

No, I wouldn't say it's heavy at all. He doesn't seem to have the problems Skelly does.

Alright gang, it'll be on the front page in a few days, but here's the video review for your viewing pleasure!

Enjoy!

Another great one! And thank you for going back to the filmation intro!
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I think he should change it up between the different versions.

especially if it's a NA, POP, or 200X figure he's reviewing.