Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MOTUC Man-At-Arms Reviews and Pictures! (Video Review coming soon!)

Great review as usual Pixel Dan! Watched your He-Ro vid too…can't wait!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

wow nice review PD. cant wait for MAA
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Good review Dan! It was very thorough, and I'm really glad you brought up the concerns about the apparently flimsy plastic used on the mace.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

MAA has been my favorite since childhood, but I'll tell ya if my MAA paint job is as sloppy as yours I'm gonna be disappointed.

I'm really not trying to be troll here but I have to respectfully disagree with your paint app review based on the pictures you've released

Man, I love the heck out of MAA! The review showed off some details that I'm really excited about; one of them being the added tiny blaster on the end of his forearm guard. Could be anything really, but it's obvious that it's made to shoot something!

Little bummed about the rubber mace, but it looks like the wobbliest part of the handle, which will be all the way down on his hand, so I don't forsee any warpage when poseing him. Otherwise, I am so excited for the 200X sword! Mostly because of how shiny it is! I am sorry to see the circuit design go, since this is still supposed to be a mechanical version of the power sword (dunno why folks are so happy to see it go with that fact in mind) and I seem to be in the minority with my love for the original ability for it to twist open, but it's still a really awesome redo of the first one!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Great video review! I'm really looking forward to M-A-A. He's got such a great look and his accessories are amazing. I definitely plan to give the 200X power sword to King Grayskull.

My only disappointment is the wobbly plastic of the mace. I thought we were going to avoid that stuff with this line.

With the circuit design missing on the sword, I like to take it as a sign of the more mystical properties of the sword that the Sorceress contributed to it.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Great review Pixeldan! A little sad about the mace, but other than that I am happy. I love that he comes with all those accessories and that all his armor is removable. Like just about every figure so far in this line, I can't wait!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Another good review PD!!!

Protector of Grayskull scottycash2's Avatar
    Good review bud..

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Didn't see a Man-At-Arms review thread yet. If I'm wrong, mods, please merge this.

I have just finished uploading pictures of Man-At-Arms! Lots of good shots of the 200x Power Sword as well!
    Check the album:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=311

The video review will definitely be up on the front page this week! Got lots of work to do!!

He-Ro photos will also be uploaded. I'll post them int he He-Ro review thread!

Enjoy!
    I still can not figure out why everyones favorite good guy and bad guys are MMA and trap Jaw????? Again dont get me wrong I do like them both a ton but it seems everyone is just as excited for MMA and trap Jaw as they are/were for he-ro or King Grayskull and that blows my mind.. I dunno maybe you guys are alright and Im alwrong

Quote Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
    MAA has been my favorite since childhood, but I'll tell ya if my MAA paint job is as sloppy as yours I'm gonna be disappointed.

I'm really not trying to be troll here but I have to respectfully disagree with your paint app review based on the pictures you've released
    Last edited by scottycash2; June 21, 2009 at 04:40pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Well, speaking only for myself, MAA was my favorite heroic warrior as a kid. He actually got more play time than He-man by far. I couldn't really tell you why - maybe it's as simple as the half-armor set-up. Regardless, MAA is my most anticipated figure right now (though those teela prototype shots have me drooling...). I just love the character.

Widget

Man at arms

As with all the previously released "Classics," I honestly think this action figure honestly goes beyond "Action Figure." I think it has become a work of art. Thank you so much to the creators of this new line for taking serious account of the original He-man cartoons when developing the Classics line.

I can't wait to see how The Sorcerress looks....(Does anyone know when she will be released?)

Where is that vid review of MAA Pixel Dan, very much looking forward to it!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Interesting thing I noticed regarding the 'gun' scupted onto the lower arm armor... I was re-reading the DC comics 3 issue mini-series last night and MAA was shooting blasts out of that spot in the armor. Guess it was an original design element as well. Forgive me if everyone knew that already. I just found it to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Where is that vid review of MAA Pixel Dan, very much looking forward to it!
    It's on page 3 of this thread near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's on page 3 of this thread near the bottom.
    And on the front page of He-Man.org.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by scottycash2 View Post
    I still can not figure out why everyones favorite good guy and bad guys are MMA and trap Jaw????? Again dont get me wrong I do like them both a ton but it seems everyone is just as excited for MMA and trap Jaw as they are/were for he-ro or King Grayskull and that blows my mind.. I dunno maybe you guys are alright and Im alwrong
    MAA was never really one of my favorites. In fact I don't think I ever owned him when I was a kid but TrapJaw is definitely one of my favorites ever since. I think it was because of his spring loaded jaw and all the cool attachments. I used to have him eat clay all the time. Now with the 200x 4H redesign, he is just as awesome as ever. I can't wait to see what he looks like in Classics form. I do love alot of characters in MOTU. I think I love like 75% of the characters. So I always look forward to seeing the next upcoming figure. As for He-ro and King Grayskull...I think they fall in the other 25% of the characters I don't really care for too much. I think it's because I never really grew up on them.

I'm pretty certain now that MAA is my favorite figure in the Classics line. Definitely a surprise to me, becuase MAA was always cool, but never considered one of my faves by any means. But this figure is just so cool looking.

Yes, I think he is a cooler figure than He-Ro! I also now put him above Mer-Man and Hordak, who were my other two faves so far.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

At looooong last, we get a proper Man-At-Arms figure!!
    80's MAA was nice but not a detailed as the box art.
    200x MAA was just too over designed and a little impossible looking, plus the tash was just not cool.

This one is perfect!!

Oh and I will not for once second have the mustashed head on his shoulders!

MAA is gonna get his fury on in an Alcala stylee at long last! No tash required!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

^ My sentiments exactly.
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Pixel Dan's review are the perfect length for a cuppa tea and a kit kat!

Great review! Bummer about the plastic on the mace. Kinda odd how that's the only soft plastic weapon so far.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Man At Arms, my first figure, 25 years ago, can't wait to get one!