Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisto or Battle Fist?

Fisto or Battle Fist?

I really hope Mattel can work around the trademark issue and give him back his original non-lame name Fisto and not Battle Fist. Just asuming he'll be released.
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Dude its gotta be Fisto.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Dude its gotta be Fisto.
    Lets hope so!
    I think they named Fisto Battle Fist in 200x because there was already a Starwars character registered as Fisto. Anyone knows about it?

Heroic Warrior
    Seriously guys, does it really matter if it's Fisto or Battle Fist on the package? The toy is what you want it to be. If you want to call him Fisto then go right ahead - Mattel isn't going to be policing your home to censor you from calling him Fisto if they packaged him as Battle Fist.

I don't care if Hordak is Hector, Beast Man is Raquel Welch, and Mer Man is Squidward Rex - they are all simply Hordak, Beast Man, and Mer Man to me.

Fisto/Battle Fist is my favourite good guy so I absolutely want him to be produced. And I'll call him what I want when he's on my shelf with the rest of the collection.

Unless less Lucasarts has let the trademark side on Kit "Fisto" I can not see him going back to that anytime soon. MOTU was not the only toyline having issues getting back old names hasbro had a lot of issues with that when it comes there GI Joe line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandalero View Post
    Fisto/Battle Fist is my favourite good guy so I absolutely want him to be produced. And I'll call him what I want when he's on my shelf with the rest of the collection.

Of course you can call him what you want, but it would be great to see Fisto on the box instead of Battle Fist, for me it matters (but Iam not demanding it).
    If it doesnt matters to you its ok, i can respect that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    Of course you can call him what you want, but it would be great to see Fisto on the box instead of Battle Fist, for me it matters (but Iam not demanding it).
    If it doesnt matters to you its ok, i can respect that.
    Agreed on all counts.

I heard Toyguru tell some people at the Mattel booth that they did in fact get the Fisto copywright and he will NOT be Battle-Fist this time.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Lucusfilm doesn't have a specific copyright on Fisto so he could and should be able to go back to his original name. We will see if Mattel has the stones to try it out.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    FISTO!!!

'nuff said!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Well obviously, I would prefer FISTO. It's really only a big deal if you don't open your figures, but I do, so it's easy for me to say that.

Hopefully though, MATTEL will be able to go with the original name.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Battle Fistor!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Heroic Warrior

FISTO!!! With a vintage style!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I prefer Fisto over Battle Fist.

Fisto, yea baby!!

2002, i was really not happy with the change of the name to battle fist...
    ...this time...they can call him "Battle hand"...just give me the figure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    I heard Toyguru tell some people at the Mattel booth that they did in fact get the Fisto copywright and he will NOT be Battle-Fist this time.
    i recently checked the copyright website and Fisto is still showing up as a dead copyright. Is there a way to get it without it being revealed?

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't see why "Kit Fisto" would be an issue here. Is it more like not being able to use Luke because of "Luke Skywalker" or not being able to use Skywalker? It seems a little more like the Luke to me.

I would much prefer Fisto, as Battle Fists is only okay. I would actually Prefer Fist-o to Battle Fist I think.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    i agree I could see more confusion between mer-man and kit appearance wise than name confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why "Kit Fisto" would be an issue here. Is it more like not being able to use Luke because of "Luke Skywalker" or not being able to use Skywalker? It seems a little more like the Luke to me.

I would much prefer Fisto, as Battle Fists is only okay. I would actually Prefer Fist-o to Battle Fist I think.
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

I don't really care since I don't keep my figs in the packages - so even if they name him something like "FIST O'MALLEY", he will be Fisto to me

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandalero View Post
    I don't care if Hordak is Hector, Beast Man is Raquel Welch, and Mer Man is Squidward Rex - they are all simply Hordak, Beast Man, and Mer Man to me.
    Amen,brother!

I don't know if it will be such an issue this time; I think it was more a fear of one of the most frightening creatures on earth (a Lucas lawyer) oaying a visit than any actual action by Lucasfilm. Given the more limited exposure here (rather than on a peg at TRU), they might just drop the "Battle Fist" bit. After all, he was actually referred to as Fisto in the 2002 toon. It was just what appeared on the packaging in a mainstream line that seemed to cause worries.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm hoping he's called Fisto again for the Classics line.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

I don't know if it will be such an issue this time; I think it was more a fear of one of the most frightening creatures on earth (a Lucas lawyer) oaying a visit than any actual action by Lucasfilm. Given the more limited exposure here (rather than on a peg at TRU), they might just drop the "Battle Fist" bit. After all, he was actually referred to as Fisto in the 2002 toon. It was just what appeared on the packaging in a mainstream line that seemed to cause worries.

I think youre a little wrong on that, Lucasfilm are known for not allowing anyone to use what is their property or as some resemblance.

For example, for you to see what Im talking about... in my country (Portugal) there is a comedy show named: "O programa do Aleixo" and that program is not even aired in one of the four main television channels of my country, and the dog in his characterization had some relation in physical aspect to Chewbakas race and Lucasfilm somehow became aware of that, so Lucasfilm said that was not to be used, and they have to change it... so if LucasFilm even comes at a minor tv channel of my country imagine with a Mattel toyline.

I will even translate to english what the dog says for you to understand what Im saying:

Dog: Goodnight everybody. Welcome to my tv show, it will be a talkshow...

Bust(statue): You look diferent Bruno.

Dog: What do you want? ahaa...Ive cutted my hair...

Statue: No, its not that...You look different...

Dog: You boring... I had to change my face a little!

Statue: Why? What happened???

Dog: Ive had problems with some americans!

Statue: Americans? Who the government?

Dog: No! Other americans, George and Lucas. They wont let appear here with the face I was born with.

I think that sums it. But I think Toyguru have already said that Fisto will be Fisto, so no worries I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veM4vYxahB0 here is the video, Im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    I think youre a little wrong on that, Lucasfilm are known for not allowing anyone to use what is their property or as some resemblance.

For example, for you to see what Im talking about... in my country (Portugal) there is a comedy show named: "O programa do Aleixo" and that program is not even aired in one of the four main television channels of my country, and the dog in his characterization had some relation in physical aspect to Chewbakas race and Lucasfilm somehow became aware of that, so Lucasfilm said that was not to be used, and they have to change it... so if LucasFilm even comes at a minor tv channel of my country imagine with a Mattel toyline.

I will even translate to english what the dog says for you to understand what Im saying:

Dog: Goodnight everybody. Welcome to my tv show, it will be a talkshow...

Bust(statue): You look diferent Bruno.

Dog: What do you want? ahaa...Ive cutted my hair...

Statue: No, its not that...You look different...

Dog: You boring... I had to change my face a little!

Statue: Why? What happened???

Dog: Ive had problems with some americans!

Statue: Americans? Who the government?

Dog: No! Other americans, George and Lucas. They wont let appear here with the face I was born with.

I think that sums it. But I think Toyguru have already said that Fisto will be Fisto, so no worries I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veM4vYxahB0 here is the video, Im talking about.
    Actually the Aleixo dog from the show was originally an Ewok (full fledged) in a web site they had before the show went online, and they had to change it due to copyright issues. But I read it was actually an Ewok and not something similar to an Ewok.

Back on topic, I'd much rather have the character properly named Fisto. But if it can't be done, I junt won't look at the box, 'cause when I look at him, original, 200x or MotUC, he always was and always will be Fisto.