Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.22 - Ask your questions here!

Heroic Warrior
    I know we shouldn't ask about specific characters, but I was wondering if Stinkor will have the same scent as the original toy did?

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Now that MOTUC has snowballed into HUGE success with sales and popularity, has Mattel at all considered doing another 'fan creation' contest for a new character to be made into MOTUC, such as Fearless Photog back in the day?

Can Mattel create characters from the New Adventures Mini Comics that came with the NA toys (before the NA cartoon aired) as is the case with Classic MOTU & POP. Or do Mattel only have access to the NA characters that were produced as toys in the original NA line, similar to the 87 MOTU movie figures Gwildor, Saurod & Blade?
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 5, 2009 at 01:00pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Is there any chance for us to see an "He-Man & She-Ra Cartoon Soundtrack" being released?

Widget
    With DCUC line being sculpted by the Four Hoursmen and the scale of the characters being similiar is there any consideration of using some of their tooling to create different bodies for characters that need a smaller build? Example: 200X Prince Adam or Bow from POP

Italic Grayskull Defender aiolos78's Avatar
    It will be possible change shipping address during subscription? (due to a change of home address or city for example, or during vacations for summer or xmas)
    Last edited by aiolos78; July 9, 2009 at 09:06pm.

The prototype of Blade was quite different to the actual figure (ie the head and chest armour), do you think he is a candidate for 2 heads and alternate armour?
    Last edited by oICEMANo; July 9, 2009 at 08:36am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Because plastic degrades over time (see http://www.slate.com/id/2221963 for some examples) can Matty advise us on:

-what plastics MOTUC are made of?
    -the optimal conditions for storing them?
    -the known environmental hazards that speeds degradation (e.g. sunlight, moisture?)
    -how long Mattel expects a MOTUC figure to last

thanks
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Knowing that you can change your default shipping address generally, will no option be available to change the shipping address for a subscription in between once you purchased it (e.g. Jan-Mar address a., Apr-Aug address b., Sep-Dec address a again)?

Why doesn't Mattel utilize this site more? it's the biggest MOTU community and thus your biggest gathering of MOTU consumers and in turn a GUARANTEED source of income. Treat the org right and you'll always have consumers.
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 23, 2009 at 01:25pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

About MOTU Art Book, did you mean it's possible in the future that we see 2nd print on it or like vol.2 ? Or both?
    Last edited by Tuukka; July 12, 2009 at 12:51am.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    How big will this art book be? Can we see a couple pictures of it to tease us before SDCC?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Why would Mattel choose an already sold-out SDCC to release an exclusive item (the art book) that cannot be obtained in any other manner?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

This question is in regards to Battlecat, which may be answered at ComicCon......but, I look at the subscription service as a means for true fans of MOTU to be able to purchase ALL of the figures without the stress/hassle of trying to get to a computer on release day within the first hour because of a potential/guaranteed sell-out.

Battlecat, as a "bonus figure", will not be offered with the subscription. Has/Will Mattel take into consideration the amount of subscriptions as well as regular website sales into how many Battlecats will be sold? Basically, can there be a guarantee that Battlecat will not sell out within the first hour, or can there be a way that fans with a subscription can "pre-order"?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Has Mattel considered a quarterly subscription or even a half years subscription options to accomodate for todays economy
    Awesome sticker not included!™ Blade=sad!

Coming Soon: Masters of the DC Universe

When He-Man is rereleased in October, will he be released on the 15th like the normal monthly figure, or on a different date?

With the announcement of He-Man and Skeletor getting a re-release, wouldn't it be better to say "returning this fall" on the website rather than "currently unavailable"? Any new fans going on there are just going to see that the 2 main characters are not in stock, and no indication when they will be
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

ToyGuru, how this is possible ?!?!?!?!

Last edited by Tuukka; July 23, 2009 at 12:06pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    How come Teela's hair is red? Teela was blonde in all of the media before the actual toy changed it. MOTUC restored Man-At-Arms original clean shaven face and Mer-Man's original head, it also corrected the color of Stratos' wings and jetpack, Man-At-Arms fur and even Tri-Klops' red eye is green again, but misses out correcting Teela's hair to it's original color?

Will Mattel change the subscription service to add bonus figures - or maybe offer 2 levels of subscriptions - one with and one without bonus figures?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm excited about the bonus figures, but I'm concerned that witht the subscripton bonus (Wun-Dar) that they will be shipped with that month's regular figure.
    This will mean that many overseas buyers will get hit by customs. Is there anyway to ensure that they will be shipped seperately, to get around customs?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Will Mattel change the subscription service to add bonus figures - or maybe offer 2 levels of subscriptions - one with and one without bonus figures?
    Similar question, but more direct, "are we going to be able to add the bonus figure to our subscription to save on shipping?"
    I doubt it, but it would be nice for those of us that only buy one figure at a time.

Heroic Warrior
    Is there any chance of a scabbard for the Power Sword being released? It'd be nice to have the option of attaching one to He-Man's back like several of the canons.
    Last edited by cyberv; July 25, 2009 at 01:30pm.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    My question is along the same lines

Can preference be given to Subscription holders to get the bonus figures first, either by pre sale or some other means?

I would like an official statement about the past mistakes that have happened. This year re-sellers were able to buy items way over the order limits in both conventions. MOTUC was supposed to be aimed at fans and even the fans at SDCC who had a four day pass had a hard time getting an Art Book. These are two examples, but unfortunately not the only two incidents. I was very disappointed when you shrugged these things off with Faker-Matty-humor at the MOTU panel. It felt like you are not taking things seriously. Are you going to address these incidents officially and how will you ensure that things will work better in the future?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback