Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Check out his answers to your Round 20 questions!
1. How far away are we from seeing 2-packs (or more-packs) released online in the MOTUC line? examples: army builders or even themed sets like Adam and Adora, Randor and Marlena, rock warriors, etc. Not that far actually…
2. Why is Mattel no longer attending the Wizard World Chicago show, as well as not attending the NYCC in 2010? We have schedule conflicts with both of these shows. NYCC moved to October in 2010, which is the same time as our internal Toy Fair show for major retailers.
3. In the subscription description it says that we will get a figure a month "at current prices". Does this mean fans might face a price increase? Not anytime in the immediate future.
4. Any updates on the production of a life-sized Sword of Power? This is something we continue to look into, but we do not have any updates yet.
5. Will Mattel create high heeled feet as well as flat foot molds for female characters? She-Ra and The Sorceress stood at the same height as He-Man because of their high heels where as Teela and Evil-Lyn were shorter because of their flat boots. Yes - there are currently two sets of female foot molds in the mix. The high heel versions have a slightly different ankle articulation to allow for the inclusion of the that detail. You should be seeing the high heels sooner than later!
6. With the picture of Webstor revealed, should we expect the 8-back Skeletor shin guard legs and fin arms to be used on all figures that shared them in the original toy line? Examples: Kobra Khan, Scare Glow, Ninjor. This is a detail which will be handled on a figure by figure basis by the Four Horsemen.
7. Some fans have noticed a decline in the quality of the paint applications. Although we are aware that the figures are hand-painted, is there any way to fix this problem at the factory, and what sort of Quality Control measures are in place? We constantly strive to put out the best figures possible. If you have samples with any errors it would be great to post them so we can review with our vendors.
8. Could we please do a fan's choice character for an upcoming figure? You did this with DCUC (The Question) and it would be a great idea for the MOTUC. Because the world of MOTU is a bit smaller than DCU (in terms of character selection), and since we have the line planned out for several years, a fan’s choice logistically would not work and will not be offered.
9. How bad are the illegal ebay figures sold out of Hong Kong hurting Mattel's "surprise" factor and willingness to continue with surprises, and what is Mattel doing to put an end to these auctions? It is Mattel’s policy not to discuss any legal matters.
10. Will you, at this point, tell us how many POP and NA figures we can expect in 2010? And if not, when will we finally find out your plans for including POP and NA in the MOTUC line? We are currently planning on at least 1 POP and 1 NA character in 2010. We can’t comment on anything beyond that.