Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.20!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.20!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 20 questions!

-------------------

1. How far away are we from seeing 2-packs (or more-packs) released online in the MOTUC line? examples: army builders or even themed sets like Adam and Adora, Randor and Marlena, rock warriors, etc.
    Not that far actually…

2. Why is Mattel no longer attending the Wizard World Chicago show, as well as not attending the NYCC in 2010?
    We have schedule conflicts with both of these shows. NYCC moved to October in 2010, which is the same time as our internal Toy Fair show for major retailers.

3. In the subscription description it says that we will get a figure a month "at current prices". Does this mean fans might face a price increase?
    Not anytime in the immediate future.

4. Any updates on the production of a life-sized Sword of Power?
    This is something we continue to look into, but we do not have any updates yet.

5. Will Mattel create high heeled feet as well as flat foot molds for female characters? She-Ra and The Sorceress stood at the same height as He-Man because of their high heels where as Teela and Evil-Lyn were shorter because of their flat boots.
    Yes - there are currently two sets of female foot molds in the mix. The high heel versions have a slightly different ankle articulation to allow for the inclusion of the that detail. You should be seeing the high heels sooner than later!

6. With the picture of Webstor revealed, should we expect the 8-back Skeletor shin guard legs and fin arms to be used on all figures that shared them in the original toy line? Examples: Kobra Khan, Scare Glow, Ninjor.
    This is a detail which will be handled on a figure by figure basis by the Four Horsemen.

7. Some fans have noticed a decline in the quality of the paint applications. Although we are aware that the figures are hand-painted, is there any way to fix this problem at the factory, and what sort of Quality Control measures are in place?
    We constantly strive to put out the best figures possible. If you have samples with any errors it would be great to post them so we can review with our vendors.

8. Could we please do a fan's choice character for an upcoming figure? You did this with DCUC (The Question) and it would be a great idea for the MOTUC.
    Because the world of MOTU is a bit smaller than DCU (in terms of character selection), and since we have the line planned out for several years, a fan’s choice logistically would not work and will not be offered.

9. How bad are the illegal ebay figures sold out of Hong Kong hurting Mattel's "surprise" factor and willingness to continue with surprises, and what is Mattel doing to put an end to these auctions?
    It is Mattel’s policy not to discuss any legal matters.

10. Will you, at this point, tell us how many POP and NA figures we can expect in 2010? And if not, when will we finally find out your plans for including POP and NA in the MOTUC line?
    We are currently planning on at least 1 POP and 1 NA character in 2010. We can’t comment on anything beyond that.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 22!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 20 questions!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.

-------------------

7. Some fans have noticed a decline in the quality of the paint applications. Although we are aware that the figures are hand-painted, is there any way to fix this problem at the factory, and what sort of Quality Control measures are in place?
    We constantly strive to put out the best figures possible. If you have samples with any errors it would be great to post them so we can review with our vendors.

And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 20 questions!
    WOW!!!! A truly constructive -And Pro active- answer to my Question!! Im so happy, but would have to ask if they would want pics of the paint problems? Cos sending the whole figs back is a ball game I dont wanna play! But thanks Toy Guru, so much!

Actually, a brilliant set of answers in its entirety!!!!!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; June 18, 2009 at 11:11am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

So a lot of basic stuff...
    But it's great to hear that we're "not that far off" from 2-Packs and the like!

I'm really glad that they are making different foot details/sculpts and that we're gonna see them sooner...SDCC I would assume. Makes me think they'll reveal She-Ra.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Wow, on question 1! I can't wait to see what they have planned for 2-packs!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

1. How far away are we from seeing 2-packs (or more-packs) released online in the MOTUC line? examples: army builders or even themed sets like Adam and Adora, Randor and Marlena, rock warriors, etc.
    Not that far actually…
    Woo. How exciting!

5. Will Mattel create high heeled feet as well as flat foot molds for female characters? She-Ra and The Sorceress stood at the same height as He-Man because of their high heels where as Teela and Evil-Lyn were shorter because of their flat boots.
    Yes - there are currently two sets of female foot molds in the mix. The high heel versions have a slightly different ankle articulation to allow for the inclusion of the that detail. You should be seeing the high heels sooner than later!
    *regains hope of seeing something from POP at SDCC*
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    So a lot of basic stuff...
    But it's great to hear that we're "not that far off" from 2-Packs and the like!

I'm really glad that they are making different foot details/sculpts and that we're gonna see them sooner...SDCC I would assume. Makes me think they'll reveal She-Ra.
    Personally I think it's more likely to be Adora or the Sorceress! Both would be most welcome on my toy shelf! Good to hear two packs could be on the Horizon! Here's hoping for an Adam & Adora two pack!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

On the paint app question, why doesn't someone start a thread, and anyone with a poor paint app, just post pics for TG to see. I have not seen a thread on that yet if there is one.

Nice to hear about the 2-pack and that there are more chicks coming our way soon.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    On the paint app question, why doesn't someone start a thread, and anyone with a poor paint app, just post pics for TG to see. I have not seen a thread on that yet if there is one.
    Brilliant Idea!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Here's hoping for an Adam & Adora two pack!
    For some reason, an Adam and Adora 2-pack bonus seems really likely to me now.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Great to hear about a two pack coming up soon
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I am glad that they will be doing two packs, i just hope that two packs wont be too expensive...

[QUOTE=JVS3;2128925]Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.

-------------------

Not that far actually…

8. Could we please do a fan's choice character for an upcoming figure? You did this with DCUC (The Question) and it would be a great idea for the MOTUC.
    Because the world of MOTU is a bit smaller than DCU (in terms of character selection), and since we have the line planned out for several years, a fan’s choice logistically would not work and will not be offered.

10. Will you, at this point, tell us how many POP and NA figures we can expect in 2010? And if not, when will we finally find out your plans for including POP and NA in the MOTUC line?
    We are currently planning on at least 1 POP and 1 NA character in 2010. We can’t comment on anything beyond that.

I'm pleased with the answers in this round, in particular the answers above.
    2-Packs? Sounds like a confirmation and that it's only a matter of time! AWESOME!
    Also, the answer to #8 actually makes sense and it's nice to know they have at least a few years' worth of characters plotted out well in advanced. Therefore, I can understand why a fan's choice isn't in the cards.

Looks like we have a chance of seeing The Sorceress or one of the PoP gals real soon... maybe a prototype at SDCC? Will Evil-Lyn sport heels to give her some distinction from Teela? That could be a possibility...

And again they say "at least" 1 POP and 1 NA character for 2010. Some may say they want more, but that's a confirmed start right there. And it's more than we got with the 2002 line or the NECA stactions!
    All in all, things are continuing to look nowhere but up for this line.
    PS- I want to be a fly on the wall during one of these Mattel Toy Fair thingys that they do for retailers. It must be cool to see what proposed toy lines or new waves they show off for Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc reps. Wonder if MOTUC will ever be one of them?
    Last edited by zodak74; June 18, 2009 at 12:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jvs3 View Post
    1. How far away are we from seeing 2-packs (or more-packs) released online in the motuc line? Examples: Army builders or even themed sets like adam and adora, randor and marlena, rock warriors, etc.
    not that far actually…
    Can. Not. Wait. For. COMIC-CON!!!!!!!!

And yeah, an Adam/Adora Two-Pack would be teh awesome!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Wow, 2-pqaacks?
    This is awesome news!
    Adam & Adora or maybe Adam & Orko come to mind.
    Actually, adam & Orko seems more likely to me because they need to find a way to make people want to buy an Orko figure. Releasing him on his own for 20$ seems an unrealistic option to me.
    Awesome sticker included!

I know they'v said He-Man will be rereleased in October, wonder if they're going to do a He-Man/Skeletor 2 pack as a catch-up?
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Wow, 2-pqaacks?
    This is awesome news!
    Adam & Adora or maybe Adam & Orko come to mind.
    Actually, adam & Orko seems more likely to me because they need to find a way to make people want to buy an Orko figure. Releasing him on his own for 20$ seems an unrealistic option to me.
    I'd love to see two 2-packs like that: 1: Adam & Orko; 2: Adora & Kowl!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    The stuff about the sword is weak...... at least a role play would be nice.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

two packs make me think adam and adora

high heels ? sorceress and adora

yay !
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Good answers - I can't believe I'm getting excited over high-heels

Intersting to see who will be a 2-pack - I hope its something exciting - Randor & Marlena, Adam and Adora.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not that far actually…
    Is this one of the 2010 additional monthly surprises?

Yo, Angel-T...did you read that hint at the end of question 5? Who could the high heels belong to???

6. With the picture of Webstor revealed, should we expect the 8-back Skeletor shin guard legs and fin arms to be used on all figures that shared them in the original toy line? Examples: Kobra Khan, Scare Glow, Ninjor.
    This is a detail which will be handled on a figure by figure basis by the Four Horsemen.
    Great!

Several years?!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Or they could potentially release Orko and another one of his people. Weren't there a few of them running around, at various points? Or because they were part of the cartoon (can't remember if they were used anywhere else) would they be off limits for the time being?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Great round of questions and answers. I'm stoked about the upcoming 2packs!

Ok, based on the following facts from this and previous Q&As, this confirms She-ra/Sorceress will be released before Teela, who was confirmed to be released in the last 3 months of 2009. It was also confirmed between the last 4 months of 2009 there would be 2 heroes and 2 villains. We know Webstor is one of the villains and Teela is one of the heroes. Given Hordak has been released, I assume Mattel will give us She-Ra over the Sorceress. So I'm betting She-Ra and then Teela will be 2 of the 3 released between Oct - Dec 2009. That leaves us with 1 villain, which I'm going to bet is either Trap Jaw or Evil-Lyn.

wicked cool about the two packs!! and even more wicked about the high heels.I wonder if they mean sorceress soon.The only part that sucks is one PoP.

In one Q&A TG said several females in 2010 but with only one PoP slot(assuming a female ) do you think we will get Sorceress, Evil-lyn and Marlena in 2010? When someone says several I think three or four not two.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Great round of questions and answers. I'm stoked about the upcoming 2packs!

Ok, based on the following facts from this and previous Q&As, this confirms She-ra/Sorceress will be released before Teela, who was confirmed to be released in the last 3 months of 2009. It was also confirmed between the last 4 months of 2009 there would be 2 heroes and 2 villains. We know Webstor is one of the villains and Teela is one of the heroes. Given Hordak has been released, I assume Mattel will give us She-Ra over the Sorceress. So I'm betting She-Ra and then Teela will be 2 of the 3 released between Oct - Dec 2009. That leaves us with 1 villain, which I'm going to bet is either Trap Jaw or Evil-Lyn.
    I think you may be misinterpreting the phrase "You should be seeing the high heels sooner than later".
    I don't think that is meant to imply you'll see the high heels release before the flat female foot.
    Just that you'll see the high heeled foot in the near future.
    Bill :: guitargod694