Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mill Creek Acquires Rights to MYP Show

Mill Creek Acquires Rights to MYP Show

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-Man-...e-Series/12143

What does this mean for us He-Man fans? Thoughts?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

WHAT IT MEANS????

WOW!!!!!!

We get a new COMPLETE SERIES - 4 Discs priced at $24.98
    + a (what it seems to be a starter) set of 1 disc called ORIGINS!

I am thrilled!!

I know we already have what there is to be had from the MYP 2002 He-man but these sets got me excited!! Can't wait for dvd covers and contents.

Although it is pretty obvious that the COMPLETE set won't have any extras. It will be a "vanilla" edition. Just the episodes in 4 discs...

edit: and the hope for:

a mod should post it on the front page
    Last edited by demiscy; June 18, 2009 at 05:01pm.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Very interesting
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

I'm confused...so they're re-releasing what we already have on fewer disks at a lower price in a single volume? That's it, right? Not trying to rain on the parade, just making sure I'm not missing something. I've got 'em all, but if you missed out, then this is indeed AWESOME news and I'm happy for ya!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Nice to know these are staying in production. It's a good way to keep MOTU out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm confused...so they're re-releasing what we already have on fewer disks at a lower price in a single volume? That's it, right? Not trying to rain on the parade, just making sure I'm not missing something. I've got 'em all, but if you missed out, then this is indeed AWESOME news and I'm happy for ya!!!
    exactly what it looks like..

low budget sets just for the sake of not letting the franchise be lost in the dvd limbo... and of course for fans to buy them now that they can.

low budget = good for the economy

it will be interesting now to see how this goes..

WE WANT BLURAY !!!!!

What I want to ask is, are any of the previous designers i.e. Emiliano contacted for these sets?? artwork and such?
    Last edited by demiscy; June 18, 2009 at 05:21pm.

Well it's good to hear that Mattel are keeping the MYP series in circulation. It's a great way to keep the brand in the public eye for a bit. Maybe this will co-inside with some movie news in September. Mattel may want the DVD's release to co-inside with more movie news. If the movie has been green lit and this info starts making the rounds, general nostalga fans and more adult toy / sci-fi collectors could hear about it. Hopefully seeing the MYP cartoon series so cheeply in their local stores could moviate them to pick it up to see what all the fuss is about: This is perticularly if the MYP cartoon is refered in movie press releases as a heavy reference for the movie. MOTUC might have also made many new fans of the brand who were previously unaware of MOTU's little re-birth almost 10 years ago! So They to might want to pick up the MYP DVD's (perticularluy if they are advertised on Mattycollector.
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 18, 2009 at 05:46pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Interesting.

I have some 50-pack horror sets from Mill Creek Entertainment, many of which range from poor to decent quality. Not saying these will be low-quality. Just randomly throwing that out. hehe
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

When I saw they got the rights to Dungeons & Dragons the other day, I was wondering if they'd get the rights to any of the MOTU shows. I won't be buying them, but it is nice that they will still be out there for people to buy.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Good news!! Blu-ray???

Damn, that's pretty cool news!

I wouldn't hold my breath for any extras.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Yeah, keeping MOTU Alive is what it is all about!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I thought Mill Creek only did "Public Domain" releases... since BCI is gone is that what is happening here? Or did they actually pay to license this stuff.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I thought Mill Creek only did "Public Domain" releases... since BCI is gone is that what is happening here? Or did they actually pay to license this stuff.
    well the news clearly state "Rights Acquisition" so, my guess is yes they actually paid for them.. The Masters is a big franchise to be left public domain.

^ yes I actually wrote that before I read the article.. lol.
    I'm just so used to Mill Creek having the budget collections on the cheap that I spoke 1st & asked questions later.. lol
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I hope Mattel takes the opportunity to advertise MOTUC like they did in Volume 3.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    First and foremost, I hope this means that a Blu-Ray release isn't that far off. I'd really like to see a proper Hi-Def version of this series released.

Having said that, I hope that the quality of these new DVDs ends up being good. The fact that it's only 4 discs kind of worries me. The BCI sets had the episodes spread across a total of 6 discs (not including the bonus feature discs), so hopefully these won't be too overly compressed.

There was also an issue where the authoring of BCI's Volume 1 wasn't as good as 2 or 3 (they switched authorers after Vol 1 because of this), and when watching on a Hi-Def TV, there is a BIG problem with huge jagged lines along anything colored red, like orko or the lava around Snake Mountain. Hopefully this will be corrected with these new sets.

Personally I would like the hold out for a Blu-Ray release, but if I find out that the quality of these DVDs is good, I'll pick them up.

I wonder if that Origins DVD is the movie version of "The Beginning"

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Ok so I've only seen the pilot of the series when it first premeired and didn't really strike my interest much so I never really watched it. Now that my interest in MOTU has been peaked because of the classics line, I am thinking about buying the DVDs for this show. It's good to see that I can buy the complete series for such a low price. It'll all be new to me so I'm ready to soak it in.

yeahhhhhhh great news !!!!!!! but nothing new ...........i mean ..........I'd have been thrilled about a possible dvd-continuation of myp series or maybe a series finale in 1 single dvd animated movie
    what heck is that dvd "origins??" maybe they're goin to include something about filmation he-man ??? or a documentary about toyline in the 80's and nowdays ?????
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    ...what heck is that dvd "origins??"
    Maybe it's the same as "The World of He-Man" short that was released with some 200x figures then featured in the MYP DVD's.

***EDIT: I just went to their website. I saw the cover. It says "Origins •10 Episodes" so I'm thinking It's the first three episodes "The Beginning"
    Last edited by Hek-tor; June 19, 2009 at 04:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    Maybe it's the same as "The World of He-Man" short that was released with some 200x figures then featured in the MYP DVD's.

***EDIT: I just went to their website. I saw the cover. It says "Origins •10 Episodes" so I'm thinking It's the first three episodes "The Beginning"
    where?? I went too but didnt see a cover..

please post it !!!!!

...and since you saw 10 episodes .. how is that the first three only ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    where?? I went too but didnt see a cover..

please post it !!!!!

...and since you saw 10 episodes .. how is that the first three only ? ?
    Here's the link:
    Check it Out!

I meant maybe "Origins" is in reference to the first three episodes.
    Last edited by Hek-tor; June 19, 2009 at 11:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    ***EDIT: I just went to their website. I saw the cover.
    Ah, good, I'm relieved, they didn't do anythign crazy with my cover.
    In fact, it's exactly the same (so I won't need to rebuy!)
    On D&D they repainted the Dragon and mixed it with the figures from the RPG adventure book.

I would guess that 'Origins' includes the first three episodes along with other key/flashback episodes - perhaps The Ties That Bind, The Power of Grayskull, Out of the Past and Rise of the Snakemen Parts I and II.

An interesting collection though and something that I'd imagine Mattel must have OK'd.

MOTU seems to be becoming hot property again...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina