Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mill Creek Acquires Rights to MYP Show

Hybrid View

Mill Creek Acquires Rights to MYP Show

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-Man-...e-Series/12143

What does this mean for us He-Man fans? Thoughts?
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

WHAT IT MEANS????

WOW!!!!!!

We get a new COMPLETE SERIES - 4 Discs priced at $24.98
    + a (what it seems to be a starter) set of 1 disc called ORIGINS!

I am thrilled!!

I know we already have what there is to be had from the MYP 2002 He-man but these sets got me excited!! Can't wait for dvd covers and contents.

Although it is pretty obvious that the COMPLETE set won't have any extras. It will be a "vanilla" edition. Just the episodes in 4 discs...

edit: and the hope for:

a mod should post it on the front page
    Last edited by demiscy; June 18, 2009 at 06:01pm.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Very interesting
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

I'm confused...so they're re-releasing what we already have on fewer disks at a lower price in a single volume? That's it, right? Not trying to rain on the parade, just making sure I'm not missing something. I've got 'em all, but if you missed out, then this is indeed AWESOME news and I'm happy for ya!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm confused...so they're re-releasing what we already have on fewer disks at a lower price in a single volume? That's it, right? Not trying to rain on the parade, just making sure I'm not missing something. I've got 'em all, but if you missed out, then this is indeed AWESOME news and I'm happy for ya!!!
    exactly what it looks like..

low budget sets just for the sake of not letting the franchise be lost in the dvd limbo... and of course for fans to buy them now that they can.

low budget = good for the economy

it will be interesting now to see how this goes..

WE WANT BLURAY !!!!!

What I want to ask is, are any of the previous designers i.e. Emiliano contacted for these sets?? artwork and such?
    Last edited by demiscy; June 18, 2009 at 06:21pm.

Well it's good to hear that Mattel are keeping the MYP series in circulation. It's a great way to keep the brand in the public eye for a bit. Maybe this will co-inside with some movie news in September. Mattel may want the DVD's release to co-inside with more movie news. If the movie has been green lit and this info starts making the rounds, general nostalga fans and more adult toy / sci-fi collectors could hear about it. Hopefully seeing the MYP cartoon series so cheeply in their local stores could moviate them to pick it up to see what all the fuss is about: This is perticularly if the MYP cartoon is refered in movie press releases as a heavy reference for the movie. MOTUC might have also made many new fans of the brand who were previously unaware of MOTU's little re-birth almost 10 years ago! So They to might want to pick up the MYP DVD's (perticularluy if they are advertised on Mattycollector.
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 18, 2009 at 06:46pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Nice to know these are staying in production. It's a good way to keep MOTU out there.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi. Here's my suggestion.

Step 1: Let's get this information to all He-Man.org members and anywhere else we can.

Step 2: All He-Man.org members (and anyone else) contacts Mill Creek directly to request all He-Man/She-Ra titles be released in the popular Blu-Ray format.

Here's the contact information from their site ...

Mill Creek Entertainment
    2445 Nevada Avenue North
    Minneapolis, MN 55427

Toll-Free: (866) 410 9000
    Fax: (763) 595 9884

For Sales and Marketing:
    sales@millcreekent.com

For Customer Service:
    support@millcreekent.com

For Content Submissions:
    content@millcreekent.com

It would probably be best if we all contacted via the same email address. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenedbray View Post
    Hi. Here's my suggestion.

Step 1: Let's get this information to all He-Man.org members and anywhere else we can.

Step 2: All He-Man.org members (and anyone else) contacts Mill Creek directly to request all He-Man/She-Ra titles be released in the popular Blu-Ray format.

Here's the contact information from their site ...

Mill Creek Entertainment
    2445 Nevada Avenue North
    Minneapolis, MN 55427

Toll-Free: (866) 410 9000
    Fax: (763) 595 9884

For Sales and Marketing:
    sales@millcreekent.com

For Customer Service:
    support@millcreekent.com

For Content Submissions:
    content@millcreekent.com

It would probably be best if we all contacted via the same email address. Thoughts?
    Honestly? I don't think the .org officially supports these releases. Don't you think a news mention on the front page would be there already? Nothing is mentioned which makes me believe it's not something this forum is going to support.

Sure, it's a MOTU dvd set. But none of the original people involved in it, are anymore. (the art designers etc etc who are all members here in the forums)

But I agree, and we should use all 3 email addresses to send our suggestions for a Bluray release. At least for the MYP 2002 He-man! It doesn't hurt..

One note though to all international fans that are going to send an email: DON'T MENTION you live outside of the US. They don't care. I learnt this from Disney/Buena Vista customer service.

I really like the idea of releasing an origins DVD but why not give us new covers or at least a remix of cover elements?
    Especially on the Origins DVD!

'Origins' is a new title. Why not a new cover?!

I find this very odd!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I really like the idea of releasing an origins DVD but why not give us new covers or at least a remix of cover elements?
    Especially on the Origins DVD!

'Origins' is a new title. Why not a new cover?!

I find this very odd!
    Its a budget release aimed at people who haven't already bought the BCI DVDs. They aren't going to spend the money to commission new artwork. There really isn't a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Now, THAT is good news..................................

by the way.. on Amazon, the COMPLETE SERIES is priced $18.99 and the ORIGINS is priced $14.98... can anyone say MISSPRICE?
    That sounds right. Maybe a touch high for ORIGINS, I would've expected it to be 10 or 12.

The MSRPs of the 2 titles are 24.98 and 14.98.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; July 9, 2009 at 09:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Its a budget release aimed at people who haven't already bought the BCI DVDs. They aren't going to spend the money to commission new artwork. There really isn't a reason to.
    I disgree dude! There's plenty of decent material done to have a different cover. The reverse of vol.2 would've been great for instance. Would'ev cost little to nothing.
    It's a different title, regardless of content. It will have a different cat no. and barcode so it should have something that identifies it as a different title.
    I've done 3 budget Iron Man dvds with the same content but each one has a different colour or design element or treatment.

Put it this way, if that Origins had a different cover, I for one would've bought it as a MOTU origins DVD is a cool idea I think!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Updated information on the Blu-Ray release, etc.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-...y-Rumors/12311
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Tallstar, thanks for the heads up. I don't see Mattel saying an absolute no on that one, espsecially with the new MOTUC figures (which ROCK!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Updated information on the Blu-Ray release, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    They might actually do it:

In the last half of 2007, when the folks at now-defunct BCI Eclipse outlined their plans for home video releases of the 2002 ("Mike Young Productions") version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, they talked about a possible high definition release of the show, mentioning Blu-ray along with their standard DVD release. They still had those plans in mind by August 2008...just a few months before they were shut down by parent company Navarre.

Since then the home video license for the 2002 animated series has been picked up by Mill Creek Entertainment, which has already announced a pair of September 29th DVD releases, including He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - The Complete Series (every episode on 4 discs; see cover art for the DVD set below). We held out little hope, honestly, that Mill Creek would move forward with any Blu-ray plans for the set, since BCI was of course a completely different company. But fans like our reader "Demetris G" (thanks for the heads-up!) wrote to Mill Creek and asked, and this is the reply they got from the studio:

Thank you for your interest in Mill Creek Entertainment and the upcoming He-Man DVD releases. To answer your request, there is a Blu-Ray version of this DVD set in the works and it is slated to be released sometime in 2010. The announcement of this release will made upon our website in the future so, please continue to monitor our site for details on this and other future titles.

We've double-checked directly with the studio on this, and they've confirmed that they do have it in mind....but added this important information that tells us to take it with a grain of salt: "the release is conceptual, and will still need to be approved by Mattel. However, if and when we secure permission, this release will rock your socks off!"

So Mattel could still veto a Blu-ray release, but Mill Creek would really like to do it. And what plans they have! They would like to do it as a Complete Series release, just like their DVDs, but with the graphics quality you expect from high-def. What about extras? They would most definitely include bonus material, and if possible commission new supplements just for the Blu release, and/or try to get an additional on-package item included with it.

They obviously haven't set a release schedule in stone, but would like to have it out in the first part of 2010 if at all possible (think March-ish)...but that could still move. Our contact also told us to disregard any package art that you may have seen online at any message boards, blogs, etc.; some intense fans have apparently taken the DVD art below and PhotoShopped it onto a Blu-ray package template, making it look like something from the studio. We're told (with a smile and a wink) that this homemade effort "is not from Mill Creek, and it’s not as good as ours will be!" Well, all right then...we'll hold you to that when the time comes.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi everyone! Get ready for this one. I emailed Mill Creek and this is what I got back as a reply...

Thank you for your interest in Mill Creek Entertainment and the upcoming He-Man DVD releases. To answer your request, there is a Blu-Ray version of this DVD set in the works and it is slated to be released sometime in 2010. The announcement of this release will made upon our website in the future so, please continue to monitor our site for details on this and other future titles.

Awesome right?

B

Now, THAT is good news..................................

I think my heart stopped in the middle of the sentense...

by the way.. on Amazon, the COMPLETE SERIES is priced $18.99 and the ORIGINS is priced $14.98... can anyone say MISSPRICE?

Oh wow! This is a pretty big deal. I don't have anything on Blu-Ray, but I'm happy for all of you who wanted this.

So it's actually 9 discs? In the press release and on Amazon it says 4, so this is a good surprise.

So it's actually the SAME discs but with a different outter box?

The clear slipcases are there too? Come onnn we want picsssss

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    So it's actually 9 discs? In the press release and on Amazon it says 4, so this is a good surprise.
    Nope, he was talking about the BCI set with the 3 individual volumes. I know the Mill Creek set is 4 discs - I've seen it.

Its just a post in the wrong thread.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Yes, each volume has 3 discs. They are in their slipcases, which kicked ass by the way. In each volume was an episode guide and 2 art cards. I'll post the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That should do it. Does anyone know if there are any easter eggs in these?

Heroic Warrior
    That's the Best Buy exclusive from awhile back. That's not the one people have been talking about on this thread. There is a bare bones release coming out from Mills Creek.

For the ones who wanted the Comic book the above link is useful
    The seller has more to sell!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I got my complete series set of the new Mill Creek release today in the mail. Of course I already had the previous releases. I just wanted to see if there were any improvements in the sound and picture quality. For the price they are selling it, the worst case scenario is that I have a backup to the first releases. The sound and picture are very similar to the BCI releases. One thing that I like about this set is that the picture fills out completely on my HDTV. The first releases had the black bars above and below, even though the tv is widescreen already. That kind of bothered me. Now I can watch these ep's a bit bigger!! They will also be easier to transport with less discs in my dvd wallet for taking trips. I always like to bring some form of MOTU with me on trips

I REALLY Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release of this series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will look AMAZING in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!