Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Teela Prototype 2.0 at Wizard World Philly! Pics!

She looks excellent, though I'm eager to see the armor-less alternate head. That's the one she'll have in the packaging, won't it? I mean was she wearing Snake Armor when she was originally sold? I don't remember, but I thought the armor had to be put on.

Also, I want a GREEN variant called the Goddess, so if she came with a variant blond head, that wouldn't actually go with the green figure it came with or it wouldn't go with the normally colored Teela. Kind of tricky sounding to me. But the green is non-negotiable. I'll be real miffed if that doesn't happen!

AMAZING!

She looks great...just like on the old 8-backs!!

It's an amazing figure!, kudos to the 4 Horsemen. I only hope the production figure is as good as the proto.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Nope, you can she has has the same ab crunch articulation as the guys in this line on her back in this pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3963461...45743/sizes/l/
    I think it could be a torso swivel (side-to-side)but not sure about a crunch. I think the females may not have it at all.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

TNI's Wizard World Photos

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=222&itemid=14635

Possibly the best shots of Teela yet, Webstor from the side and The 4 Horsemen.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 23, 2009 at 10:12am.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Beautiful figure, Anyone else think she doesn't look like Teela in the face
    By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I think it could be a torso swivel (side-to-side)but not sure about a crunch. I think the females may not have it at all.
    It would be great if the female figures didn't have the ab crunch. It's articulation I could do without, especially if it means getting a more beautiful, uniform sculpt on the females.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilboynnc View Post
    Beautiful figure, Anyone else think she doesn't look like Teela in the face
    That isn't Teela in the face. It's the Goddess (early version of the Sorceress, circa 1983). The Goddess wears the cobra armor, not Teela herself.

Teela is without the Cobra Armor.

Yo, Baena--are you kitbashing a Green Goddess? I'm surprised I haven't seen a Photoshop of it yet...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

She doesn't look like the Teela from Filmation or MYP's tv series, but she does look like the Teela shown on the cardback and also the Teela & Zoar 2-Pack classic art, and that pleases me to no end!
    Good-bye cranky teenaged captain of the guard, hello Warrior Goddess!
    I am DYING to see Evil-Lyn now

That's why I love the figure so much. I liked the 200X Teela a lot too, but to me this is really the vision I always had in my head of Teela. I even think she's a good match for the Filmation version in some ways.

I also really like the other 200x nod that they used on this figure, in that they used a copper, in addition to the gold, to bring out little details, like the links between the gold coins of her belt.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    I truly like that she has feet that will allow to make her stand quite easily !
    Love the 200X sword, the staff and shield, the green eyes on the cobra headdress and the white and gold bracelets !

The only thing I was a bit disappointed with at first was the face, but somehow it's growing on me. But like many said here, I can really see this face (more serious and mature) used for the Green Goddess !

Another awesome figure ! Can't wait to get her ! AND we can bet that Evil-Lyn is very close too !

Splendid !

I suppose Teela will be released in October... but we'll probably have to wait for SDCC to know that for sure.

Check out the Black Canary figure in that toynewsi.com slide show...

UHM, Blonde long-haired TEELA head (if we don't get one from the 4H). I know DCUC is smaller, but the female figures look fine next to MOTUC. I hope the head works with our Teela if we don't get that blonde head...

because if it does, then I may have to order 3 or 4 Teela figures! LOL
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, Kayo, Joya, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, The Enchantress, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

I just freakin out with the Scarbus figures!!!
    I'm not gonna have to buy those this year too am I?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Well, she doesnt look as skinny as the DCUC females, and that makes me very happy. It looks perfect really.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptofGuard26 View Post
    Power Sword,
    I agree with you. Teela will always be a brunette to me, just like the first action figure of her I had as a kid. I'm hoping that's how she'll be released.
    Brunette all the way. It's crazy for me to say that since I love those red heads, yes I do, yes I do.

CaptofGuard, that's a great Avatar. I was gonna scan my coloring book with that image today! I love that picture. I'm hopping that Battle Cat's saddle will be able to seat both He-Man AND Teela.

I can't wait for Teela to get released!

Thanks 4HM! She looks awesome and you are to be commended for the BOOTY!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    YES!! She has her 200X sword!! Man, you have no idea how much that rocks, for me. I was really hoping they would throw that in; it was my favorite part of 200X Teela. Awesome figure, thanks for the heads up!
    Exactly what I was thinking... gotta have that awesome sword!

Here's hoping she also has a 200x type head/hairstyle (but not the 200x face).

Even with the snake headdress on, she's beautiful. i'd still like to see what she looks like without it, to see her second head. (lol @ these figures having multiple heads... i thought only Two Bad, Modulok & Multibot had two heads. lol, great idea btw, but kind of funny too)

best Teela figure ever....hands down....

now i can't wait to see how they make the Sorceress, or whichever female comes next. Awesome job 4HM!!! you guys ROCK!!!!!
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

She looks so good! Like she stepped right out of the mini-comics/cardback, a true Warrior Goddess. Thanks for all the hard work your pouring into these sculpts 4H, I'm loving MOTUC.

This line just continues to get better and better! The more pics I see of Teela…the more I just can't wait to have that figure!!! I don't care about anything "extra for her…she's perfect as-is. Now with that said, I can't wait to see a "Green Goddess" version of this figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yo, Baena--are you kitbashing a Green Goddess? I'm surprised I haven't seen a Photoshop of it yet...
    Oh I've seen a photoshopped version of her alright.

If I can, money permitting, I'll be buying multiples for a variety of reasons.

I've said it before, I'm not going to wait to see if Mattel does a GG fig or not. If they don't, I'll be getting insurance so to speak... If they do, well, having too many Teela figures in my house isn't a bad thing, considering my daughters are rabid MotU fans as well.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Come on Beana share the goodness (if you can) where can we see this Green Godess photoshoped image!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Now that it's been mentioned, I do wonder if the other head will have the same face or not. I hope she's close at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I just freakin out with the Scarbus figures!!!
    I'm not gonna have to buy those this year too am I?
    Ditto! Those guys are killing me! I think they won't come out til next year, but I'm dying to get them. I wish they'd sell the Xetheus set again though, I didn't have the money and missed those the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That isn't Teela in the face. It's the Goddess (early version of the Sorceress, circa 1983). The Goddess wears the cobra armor, not Teela herself.

Teela is without the Cobra Armor.

Sorry, but in all of the early 1980 Golden Books Teela ALWAYS wears the snake armor. She is never without it on. Some of these books came out before the cartoon series. Seriously, check the books out... Teela looks perfect, and for guys like me that loved the books more than the cartoon, this is a great figure!
    I do encourage everyone to read the soft cover Golden books from the early 80's. These are the books that have illustrations much like the original 8 back paintings. Skeletor has only 3 toes, Teel has her snake armor (2 pieces- helmet and chest armor) and many of the books Do NOT contain any hint of Prince Adam (although some do). To me, many of the classics figures look to me like they came from the pages in these books... so worth reading!
    Last edited by RyDell; June 23, 2009 at 08:28pm.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I know this is Teela's thread but about the November fig.What if it is Trapjaw with two mech arms and three attachments.The mech arms would be interchangable with one being 200x inspired and one more vintage inspired.I think that would be fitting of a deluxe'ish figure.

The attachments could just be a blend of both 200x and vintage.Would be cool if we got six attachments three vintage inspired and three 200x inspired but I think that would be pushing it.