Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Teela Prototype 2.0 at Wizard World Philly! Pics!

She does look great! I just wished a better shot of the face was taken. The face does look a bit stern. I hope the other head is better! Hope it's more of a rounded youthful version.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

She looks amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    What was wrong with her booty?
    It was banished to Despondos. Looks like she's managed to free it.

I wonder if her torso and thighs will have any articulation to them?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Wowzers! That is a thing of true beauty.

I hope the final version looks as nice.

Wow...that truly is an amazing figure! I am so excited for her now! She looks perfect!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I wonder if her torso and thighs will have any articulation to them?
    I think her cloth is very soft, so the articulation is under her cloth Perfekt!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    I think she has a helmeted head that the head dress is designed to fit snugly on top of. I'm betting her other head will be true to the original toy: red hair, pulled back into a ponytail... only I doubt it would be molded directly to the head like the original toys was. Of course this is all speculation, but so far all of the characters have at least one head that is true to the vintage figure.

I'm really unsure.
    In a lot of the old mini comics, Teela has her hair down.
    The only reason the toy had it bunned so tightly was for the head dress. Having a head solely for the head dress means her other head could have her hair down like in the old mini comics or be akin to the 200x design.

At the end of the day, I'd like to see the headdress with her head sculpted together and then come with a 200x head and another with her hair down like the mini comics. Of course I EXPECT we'll get a bunned up head and one with the headdress attached.

Heroic Warrior
    Once again, everybody, this is a prototype.

the final articulation isn't in the figure yet, but I'd expect her to be just as posable as all the men.

sweet, just sweet.
    I wasn't sure about the females character in this line until I saw this kick-ass figure, kudos to 4H, and thanks to SOG for the pics!

Wow she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I love the green eyes on the head dress, gold cobra staff and the 2K sword. Thank-You SOG, I have edited the pics a bit to Teela looks a bit better I hope that is ok. This is quality work from the 4H and I am very excited to see a Green Goddess varient, but I still think her calf muscles look too small (considering how curvy the rest of the figure is) and the fur trim of her boot tops looks too thick (IMO). Also her feet look wrong! I think the 4h have put the wrong feet on each leg. It looks like they need to be swaped over.

I would like to see her calf muscles be a bit more shapely or Beyonce in style around the top of her boot fur trim, (like in the original figure) but that's just my oppinion! Her face is a little harsh, but she is in battle gear so I wouldn't expect her to be smiling. Hopefully the face on the second head has a softer look to it and a long red pony tail like 2K Teela we saw in MYP & MVC!

Finally my thanks go to the 4H for listening to fans when it came to increasinng the size of Teela's rump. It good to know that they are still listening to what the fans really want, and that if the fan community really does not like something we can still effect change in the line (to some degree)!

If the POP characters follow this trend (and sculpting style) they are sure to sell like hot cakes!
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 20, 2009 at 04:00pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Fneh: It was confirmed that Teela/Goddess comes with two heads.

These pictures are just amazing. Teela/Goddess will be the first figure I'll buy 2 of. I hope that they release the Green Goddess variant in the same month than Teela. That way I could settle on buying one of each.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't understand how her new butt works
    I mean, is she a Todd McFarlane statue or is she hiding a new kind of joint under her skirt? The fact that we see her, mm, derriere would suggest that it is indeed not articulated hips... I would be really disappointed if the gals didn't sport the same articulation as their male counterparts and they already did away with the shoulder ball articulation...

Aside that little worry, yeah I think Teela is EASILY the best figure so far with Hordak... I'm gonna buy like 50 of them lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

MAN !!! She just looks great !
    Thanks Dude for the pics and thanks to the 4H !

Heroic Warrior
    Oulala: THIS IS A PROTOTYPE, the final articulation is not in this figure.

we'll know more about the female articulation when she's released, but I'd say her shoulder ball articulation will be there, and that she'll have full hip articulation as well. Probably closer to the hips of DCUC, than the male MOTUC (whose hips are hidden by the loincloths), to preserve the open-hip aesthetic of Teela's outfit.

Is anyone else going to the con? Think they could take some more pictures? Especially the face?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post

we'll know more about the female articulation when she's released, but I'd say her shoulder ball articulation will be there, and that she'll have full hip articulation as well. Probably closer to the hips of DCUC, than the male MOTUC (whose hips are hidden by the loincloths), to preserve the open-hip aesthetic of Teela's outfit.
    Her hips are done the same as the male counterparts. The only think i wonder about is will she have a type of ab crunch joint like the men do? Or will she and the rest have a new design for torso articulation? Again, that's why we need some more , clearer pictures!
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; June 20, 2009 at 05:40am.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure the final figure will have the ab crunch.

Yes, Mattel has already said "Two Heads"
    Yes about that, I have some questions..

Is the head on the pictures more the 200x head version (or how do you call that) and we will also get a Teela head that is more feminin like the classic figure with the tiara , she also looks much sweeter and her make-up is more bright. This face is more of a 200x face if you ask me, just compare 200x Teela with these pics, sorta like Man-At-Arms 200x moustache-head and the classic figure's (non-moustache) head.

I also really hope that the cobra armor is removable and can be placed on both heads. Does anyone know something about that? I really want to know.

I LOVE the gold detailing on her cuffs.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; June 20, 2009 at 06:06am.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say the cobra armor will be removable in the final figure (tho that's just speculation).

also, I doubt it would fit on a 200X style head, as the ponytail and bangs would get in the way. I hope that the snake armor will fit on the classic 'bun' style head, so that the classic fans can enjoy her as her original figure was, and that she includes the 200X style head so that we fans of that version have her.

since she never had/wore the headdress in 200X, I see no need to make it fit that head.

now, as for upcoming releases, I like MAA, Trike and Webstor, but I'm on the fence about all three. I might get them, I might not.

if Teela has a 200X head, that would pretty much seal the deal. I'd be all about buying her.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    VERY NICE! She even gets her 200x sword!! Awesome work, 4HM!!!

Can't wait to see the non-kobra armor head and a Green Goddess repaint.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    two things:

1: even if she doesn't get a 200X head, it's a great looking figure!, I hope she does have one, and I won't buy her if she doesn't, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful figure.

2: I hope all Goddess fans get her repainted. I admit, I'd probably buy a Goddess, I'm not a fan, but I have pretty much decided to buy any 'previously unreleased' character in this line.

Not entirely true.
    The 4H create all the articulations.
    Then they are a bit more enginereed at the factory but the articulation designs is done by them (not always the case, but with the 4H, that's how it is)
    So, what we're looking at is 99% accurate to what we'll see on the final figure.

What worries me, is that I don't see any waist swivel joint

How can you say that since EVERY PROTOTYPE that we saw - from the MOTUC He-man figure to King Grayskull to Man at Arms - ALWAYS sported the EXACT SAME articulation as the final toy? They usually have these weird grey pins on the joints but the joints are always there. This said, I really hope you could be right...
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Not entirely true.
    Then they are a bit more enginereed at the factory but the articulation designs is done by them (not always the case, but with the 4H, that's how it is)
    So, what we're looking at is 99% accurate to what we'll see on the final figure.

well, if that's the case, then I'm disappointed, since I don't see a waist swivel, an ab crunch, or a bicep swivel.

all of which the males have.

I don't see any point in cutting out articulation on a female, especially since we know the frame will support it (for proof look no further than any DCUC female).

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I got a huge question to ask them.

Can someone ask them if the female figures will be able to turn at their waist or torso, and if Teela's costume is one piece or two?

Every MOTU figure could turn at the waist since 1982, and I'd like some kind of confirmation that Teela can turn or pivot somewhere in her torso. I can't see it. It would be weird if her torso turns UNDER her clothes. The doesn't make any sense. Can someone ask for me? Thanks.

Not entirely true.

My exact thoughs lol. Then again, if the dress is one piece that should allow the waist to rotate underneath it. But the abcrunch will be wasted. Which is also a bummer...