Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snake Mountain Size reduction visual mockup for you to see

Snake Mountain Size reduction visual mockup for you to see

I did some shrinking of SM in photoshop(kept Skeletor the same size).
    From top to bottom: Original, 10% smaller, 20% smaller

I personally could live with a 10% reduction but not much more
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Thanks for doing this! I agree, 10% is really OK and makes it look more in scale with Castle Grayskull.
    The problem with reducing it by 20% is that the figures won't fit through the gate any more.
    Awesome sticker included!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I wonder what it would look like if they made the majority of the playset 10-20% smaller, BUT kept the size of the gate opening at 100% (so a MOTUC figure can standing in the opening)?

IIRC this is what they had to do with Castle Grayskull as well.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Thanks for doing this! I agree, 10% is really OK and makes it look more in scale with Castle Grayskull.
    The problem with reducing it by 20% is that the figures won't fit through the gate any more.
    Ok -so it will match Grayskull then?
    What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose.

No reduction is the best reduction.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Problem with that is, a lot of folks literally wouldn't have room for the thing. It's cool at this size, but in no way practical. I wouldn't have a problem with a 20% reduction (I'd have to do a lot of re-decorating even at that scale; bigger might mean having to pass or sleep in my room standing up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    According to some existing customs, a mountain/snake reduction is acceptable (the left of the playset) but not the overall size (keep the gate and face ...)

If they must shrink it I'd rather they altered the width and kept the height.
    Myaa!

I agree a 20% reduction is too much, 10% is fine.

That said, every time I look at a pic of that Snake Mountain I am just amazed at how awesome that is! I was never a big Snake Mountain fan, but this thing sold me. Dare I say it looks better than Castle Grayskull?

Wow. Just wow.

I think it stems from playing with the original so much as a kid, dealing with the breaking bridge, figures barely standing on the steps, etc., that now I see how awesome that design is just floors me. I am absolutely in love with that thing.

And, yeah, 10% reduction is fine.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I imagine if they reduce it 20%, they will alter the dimensions of the gate and other such things so that the figures still make it through. Remember that they lowered the door in Grayskull after people complained.

In theory, I'd love for there to be no reduction, but we have to face facts here. Aside from the fact that it will be too big for many people without a reduction, it will also be too expensive without one. Better a Snake Mountain that's just a little bit smaller than none at all.

Grayskull was $250 for the preorder. We really don't want SM to be much more expensive, if more expensive at all. If so, there's precious little chance it will get made.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

10% is barely acceptable. 20% and it starts to look like those pics that people post of Classics figures posted against the vintage playset
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Matty, please give us the chance to bid for the current size. I swear I would pay the going price for Snake Mountain as huge as shown at SDCC. I suspect many others would also.

My preferred ratio at this stage is ... stick with 1:1
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

10% reduction is acceptable. Though I'd prefer they not reduce the size at all. The size of it is part of what's amazing about it. This playset will be one of the best of all time, right up there with huge classics like the GI Joe Aircraft Carrier, Fortress Maximus, and Eternia. They created a perfect Snake Mountain, don't change it! The ONLY complaint I have about Castle Grayskull was the size reduction. I don't have a lot of room, but I'll MAKE the room, please don't consider my reducing the size of Snake Mountain based on my living quarters, LOL. Snake Mountain is going to be the centerpiece of any room it's in, OWN THAT! Screw reducing, make it 10-20% bigger!

20% is way too much, it looks tiny. It actually looks out of scale for the figure. I'm getting it either way, but the 20% reduction turns it from a collection centerpiece into a backdrop. An expensive chunk of wallpaper.

I like this Matty team and I trust them to do the best they can to keep the prototype size if enough of us want it. If they can't, they can't, but I trust them to try.

10% acceptable but not ideal
    20% way too much. Don't do it!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I don't have a lot of room, but I'll MAKE the room, please don't consider my reducing the size of Snake Mountain based on my living quarters, LOL. Snake Mountain is going to be the centerpiece of any room it's in, OWN THAT! Screw reducing, make it 10-20% bigger!
    I like this Matty team and I trust them to do the best they can to keep the prototype size if enough of us want it. If they can't, they can't, but I trust them to try.
    Yes! This ^^

Listen to the man Matty!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Matty, please give us the chance to bid for the current size. I swear I would pay the going price for Snake Mountain as huge as shown at SDCC. I suspect many others would also.

My preferred ratio at this stage is ... stick with 1:1
    10% would do for my current situation, even though in fantasy land I want it left as is. Can I guess where you reside mate? Mossman? North Shore or the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney somewhere? Toorak in Melbourne or something like that? no relation to Gina Rinehart? with the plunging Aussie $ I wish I was a Russian Oligarch to share your enthusiasm. What about the whole 10% GST(maybe even 15%) to overseas online sales talk that's doing the rounds? I hope that doesn't eventuate.
    Go Home And Be A Family He-Man!

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hopefully the size reduction won't be too bad. I have a feeling that the 10%-20% range that we were told was likely just a rough estimate anyway.

That being said, I do wish that they would figure out what the final size of these things will be before even showing us a mock up and telling us about them. They were upfront that there would likely be a size reduction this time around, but none the less, it would be nice if they didn't give people hopes up in the first place only to size reduce it later.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Honestly,I wish it was bigger. But living in realsville, I understand there are limitations. I can deal with a 10% reduction in size,but no more than that. Mountains are always larger than castles.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope Val is correct when he said that he thinks that they'll reduce the height of the peak of Snake Mountain, not everything else.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Honestly, while I definitely prefer the size it is now, a 20% reduction doesn't bother me. Truly, it will be massive in hand no matter what.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

Maybe 15%?

I think it's probably possible to pull off 20% if they don't keep the same proportion. Let's call it smart scaling. I, too, would like to see the gate remain its current size, so figures can fit through. Looking at that last picture, the gate could be made taller simply by lowering the platform so it goes into the body of the snake. I would also love to see the tunnel remain high enough for some smaller figures (Orko, Gwildor) or for full size figures if they crawled. There's plenty of areas where they could scale it more to make up for that. For the steps I would decrease the total number of steps rather then scaling them. That would also make the steps deeper so figures could stand on them without toppling over.

Matty- please do not reduce the size at all, and I promise not to complain about the price. Thank you.

I think either one is fine, they just have to adjust the proportions of the gates and such to make sure they still look right with figures on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    100% agreed! I want this thing to be massive... it's the only time we'll ever get anything like this again for MOTU. A Snake Mountain that's not a small hill, but a MOUNTAIN
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Everyone knows it's not the size of your Snake Mountain that matters, it's how you play with it. Wait....

Court Magician
    If anything, I imagine the part that will need to be scaled down will be the top attachment to the left side of the mountain- the part with the gate & snake head. The right side with the face and wolf was exactly the same height as Castle Grayskull. So I don't think there would be too much need to scale down that lower portion unless they're looking to reduce overall plastic volume.