Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Trouble arrival thread

Double Trouble arrival thread

"Don't crowd me boys!"

As I figured would be the case, her "issues" are hardly noticeable when someone doesn't have a camera stuck right in her face for a close-up under harsh lighting. She looks really nice with the rest of the ladies!

JEALOUS! She looks great, despite the necklace design flaw
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Me sooooo hate you peoples

I didnīt even get my shipping information yet and you have her in hand already….

Me really jealous are ARRRRGGGHHHH !
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The neck brace...I mean necklace is really bad as is the lack of a real chin. The face sculpts themselves are really nice though. I was one that thought she was awful looking in photos, in hand she's ok. For me she's still the weakest of the females. She would have been one the best if she had done with interchangeable heads and a smaller helmet.

Mods can you correct my typo in the thread tittle, it should be "arrival" thanks.

"Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. Best quote I've seen in the last few days- I cannot WAIT for my Double Troubles to get here!
    Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    As I figured would be the case, her "issues" are hardly noticeable when someone doesn't have a camera stuck right in her face for a close-up under harsh lighting. She looks really nice with the rest of the ladies!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Mods can you correct my typo in the thread tittle, it should be "arrival" thanks.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps5f08cc6c.png
    Done

What a cool new addition to the line! She looks much better than I thought she might.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

She looks okay. They should have used a lighter wash on her ponytail. Right now the ponytail looks "dirty" or caked with dirt. Otherwise she is not horrible.

I can't help it - the figure's face is the most important thing to me (the first thing most people look at in any human, or human representation) and it still looks like someone smashed her in the face with a frying pan and broke her neck at the same time. It's a shame, because the rest of the figure is nicely done (really like the silver boots, we don't have enough silver in the line, it's nice), but since 80% of the time I'm going to be looking at her, I'm going to be looking at her face. Such a shame...so glad the person who did this design is no longer designing figures. I'd honestly place money on this being the straw that broke that camel's back.

Oh well, knew this would be a dud - I look forward to the rest of the subscription, at least we are getting the worst (I hope, as we haven't seen the last few figures) out of the way now, so hopefully the rest of the subscription will be a lot more fulfilling.

Great figure! The faces could be better, but they are ok. What I dont like is the dirty hair...I wish it would be just blond without the dirty parts.
    Overall a great looking figure! Love the green colors, silver boots and translucent cape

Yeah she looks fine with natural lighting. I kind of wish the crossbow had another paint app on it when it's not in Horde mode as it looks so bland and I'm not a huge fan of the dirty blonde hair look but overall she looks nice.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Widget
    Double Ugly is good from afar, but far from a good.

It's a shame--I was really looking forward to her, and everything below the neck brace is fantastic.

I could live with the dirty hair, and maybe even the frying pan faces, but the choker is really obvious and ludicrous.

Maybe next year the same geniuses that brought us Mo-Larr the Eternian dentist will give us Ambulance Chase-Or the lawyer, and Double Ya can make one of those "Have you been hurt by anything?" commercials.

My sister had the figure when we were kids and I always remember she seemed to be her favourite. Glad she got the plastic treatment. I think the neck could have been better handled, but overall she looks good.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Robgruze View Post
    Maybe next year the same geniuses that brought us Mo-Larr the Eternian dentist will give us Ambulance Chase-Or the lawyer, and Double Ya can make one of those "Have you been hurt by anything?" commercials.
    All joking aside, this morning I was thinking that maybe I'll put her in the battle scene with Thunder Punch He-man recoiling after smacking her square in the face - then her face would would make sense, LOL.

SO excited to get her. She and Frosta were the only she-ra toys (the rest were he-man etc) I ever saw as a child and I have a massive soft spot for her. So you can imagine my excitement when they announced her.

Yeah, her face is a bit... thumby. But she looks fantastic and I'm excited to get her!

Good heavens, people!

Why don't you wait until you have her in hand before you decide she's horrible or ugly, etc.

We should all know by now that pics never show us what the figures look like. I saw the final figure at Power Con. She is way better in person.

The lighting in pics affects things like how dark the hair is, etc.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Her chin isn't that bad in person. Still, I did a little switcharoo that made it a moot point. Lol. Snake Army needed a woman in the ranks.20140712_113657.jpg
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Her chin isn't that bad in person. Still, I did a little switcharoo that made it a moot point. Lol. Snake Army needed a woman in the ranks.20140712_113657.jpg
    That is the stuff nightmares are made of.

I would much rather have that head of yours than the one that comes with the figure. I may have to use my Snake Face head and do the same. It works pretty well with her colors and I agree we need some female snake members.

Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    That is the stuff nightmares are made of.
    Ha! But... she's so beauteeful!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    I would much rather have that head of yours than the one that comes with the figure. I may have to use my Snake Face head and do the same. It works pretty well with her colors and I agree we need some female snake members.

Only if you feel like taking an exacto knife to it. I was never going to use it, so I sliced it out of the helmet. No going back now.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

PLEASE ANNOUNCE DRAGSTOR SOON!

She looks awesome as a snake woman impostor! Triple Trouble! LOVINīIT!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Good heavens, people!

Why don't you wait until you have her in hand before you decide she's horrible or ugly, etc.

We should all know by now that pics never show us what the figures look like. I saw the final figure at Power Con. She is way better in person.

The lighting in pics affects things like how dark the hair is, etc.

To be fair, every single pic I have seen of her I've gotten the same impression. In all kinds of lighting - bright, not-so-bright, medium bright, packaged, LOL. As her necklace would say "there is just no getting around that chin" LOL. And the smooshed pancake face. A great figure looks great in all kinds of light - if we have to treat her like an elderly movie star and put her in just the right lighting and gauze or Vaseline over the lens to make her look better, that says a lot .

I totally see your point, but I've never seen such an extreme flaw in a MOTUC figure before - I'll happily eat my words once I have her in-hand if somehow that complete design failure is not noticeable, but like I said, I'm just glad we are getting her out of the way to the other figures that all have looked stellar so far.

Widget
    This is along the lines of what I was planning, albeit with a different head. I thought it would be possible--glad to see it definitely is.

Hopefully one of the AMAZING customizers out there do a Double Trouble head sculpt!! HINT!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar