Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose Collectors - How do you keep your cardbacks?

Loose Collectors - How do you keep your cardbacks?

I used to keep mine with the bubbles attached and the inserts in, but they're taking up too much room. I'm now putting them in page protectors in a binder.

I've seen others cut out the bio and place them on the wall. What do you do?

I cut the bubble off and store the cardbacks in the white protector boxes.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    In the beginning I had the card backs hanging on the wall in a poster frame. It looked nice but I just ran out of room. Now I have them in Orko's white protector box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Pretty much what I do as well, but I cut the bio's out and hope to make a scrapbook some day.

I keep the bios, they are actually stuffed on my cd shelf at the momemt. hahahah
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

At the moment, the bubbles are still attached to the card along one edge. They're all stored in the white-mailer box they came in and they're sitting in the loft while I work out what to do with them.

Eventually, I will probably get around to doing what I've done with the cards for my Star Wars figures. I'll remove the bubble and cut out any important designs or notations (like the Horde stickers); then put the cut out pieces of plastic, the inserts and the card in a comic bag. That will then go in a comic box.

For now I just keep the cardbacks in a cupboard.

Same here.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    At the moment, the bubbles are still attached to the card along one edge. They're all stored in the white-mailer box they came in...
    ^ this.

I try to keep my boxes in case I need to store the figures back in the box in case I move or something.

I did this with my then fledgling DC Direct collection about 10 years ago when I last moved. They didn't last in their boxes long until I broke them out again once securely relocated in a new flat.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

a Muppet of a man...
    All my cardbacks are in a white mailer box. Also, all the extra weapons/parts/pieces are in another white box. Those things sure are useful!

I don't keep any of the packaging. It just takes up too much extra unnecessary space. If I want to read a bio, I can read it online.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I keep my card backs attached to my MOC collection! And I throw out the ones I rip off of my Loose collection! It works for me!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I always use an X-Acto knife to cut the bubbles completely from the card.

If there are additional stickers like "The Horde", "Princess of Power", "Space Mutants", etc. I also cut those out and put those in a ziplock bag.

I also keep the bubble inlays like the logo and the front piece with the name on it.

I store everything in a white mailer box.
    There is still enough space left for more
    so it doesn't take up that much space at all this way.
    It is getting quite heavy tho, like a thick book lol.

I plan to scan it all in 300dpi to save a digital copy of them as well,
    that way if I really need to space I can get rid of them eventually if I need to.

When I remove the figure out of the package I always make sure to keep the rubber bands intact. I have quite a bit of them already. They come in handy for all kind of things and having an assortment of various sizes is wonderful. Last night I was going through them to search for the right size to put on the back of Adam as a "sword holster". I also used a smaller one to fix his really loose ankle with.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Granita, Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, KARG, Hunga the Harpy, Lodar, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn, Dylamug, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders Of Morc
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I keep my cardbacks in comic book bags.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I cut off the cardbacks from the bubbles and store them. I also save all the inserts and cut off the sticker logos from the bubbles and store them too.

- joni -

I keep the entire cardbacks, but I toss the plastic bubbles. So far, I keep them all stacked on top of a mini-sterilyte, but I'll eventually need storage for them!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Heroic Warrior
    they go directly into the recycling bin. i don't even read the bios bcuz by the time i get a figure in hand, the bio has already been read, discussed, dissected, and analyzed.

I take out the name inserts from the bubble, just in case if I ever want to use them as standees in front of the figures. I also cut out the bios and save those as well.
    Everything else of the package gets tossed away.
    I also occasionally save the rubber bands but more often than not end up throwing them away later.
    I used to save the white mailers for storage purposes (to many toys, too little space), but I since bought a bigger box and most of the mailers were thrown away.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

in the bin

I considered keeping them but they took up too much room
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

i keep the bios after i cut them out along w/ the inserts and the logo stickers and the faction logo's as well. i store them all in a plastic storage container for now till i figure out what i'm going to do w/ them. i also want to go back and cut out all the ads for each figure from toyfare magazine.

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Being obsessive, I stick the backer card with the bubble still attached inside the white mailer and stack those suckers. Just... in case?

I cut open a flap along the bottom with a stanley knife along the sides, pull the tray out and then put the box back into the mailer. All my boxes/mailers get stored in the attic.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Generally speaking, when/if I save the cardback for a loose figure, I tend to cut around the bubble with a knife, throw out the bubble, and keep the card back.

In hindsight I wish I had been more marticulous with doing this with MOTUC. I've been getting at least 2 of each figure and keeping 1 of each MOC, so for many of my loose figures, I didn't even bother keeping the cardbacks since I could just look at the backs/bios from the MOC figures.

But for various reasons (with space being the biggest concern and money being a secondary concern... I can afford to buy 2 of each, but it really adds up and it's just that much more money that I would have in the bank at the end of the day, especially with all of the large beasts and extra things coming out now, and that money could be put to better use), I've been kicking around the idea of selling off most of my MOC collection (keeping only a small handful of 'favorites' MOC) and just mainly maintaining a loose collection. This will also mean me selling off most of my doubles going forward since I have two 2011 subscriptions as well (which I don't regret since I will still get 2 of those figures that I may want more than 1 of, i.e. more than 1 head... and in the case of army builder packs or the Shadow Beasts, having a couple will be nice, or even if I want to customize a figure).

So, now I'm kicking myself for not saving more of the cardbacks from my loose figures. But I may just scan the back of the cards from my MOC figures before I go through with selling them, and save more cardbacks going forward.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; September 9, 2010 at 10:06am.

In the name of the Lloyd!

I cut the bubble off the package very carefully and stash the card back in a plastic box that holds all of my 200X figures and accessories. I plan on putting the card backs in a binder with plastic sleeves one day so viewers (basically me and my 8 year old) can read the bios as we view the display

I was digging through my vintage figures last night too and I realize that I more Masters of the Universe items than I have room to display them - looks like it is time to move out of the one bedroom apartment!

Exactly what I do.
    Who has the Power?