Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 142 Discussion - Four Horsemen special

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 142 Discussion - Four Horsemen special

Episode 142 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Nate Baertsch and Rob Base are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by Four Horsemen's Eric Treadaway as they discuss
    Toy Fair 2017 prep,
    2016 ramps up then ramps down,
    speed of production,
    tooling and time,
    tooling cost,
    common factory errors,
    scale of toy versus cost,
    Ultimate Editions (UE),
    one UE piece Eric wanted,
    UE packaging,
    deciding part combinations for UE,
    what constitutes an UE,
    Collectors' Choice & Club Grayskull teasers,
    He-Man.Org 2018 figure polls,
    legacy of the Four Horsemen,
    Power-Con exclusives,
    Mythic Legions,
    what made ML click,
    Nate's card art,
    Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter,
    female ML figures,
    weapons packs,
    beast waves,
    trolls,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 11, 2017
    Runtime: 1 hour, 50 minutes, 29 seconds

Direct link for Episode 142

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

That was an awesome episode. Thanks!
    If anyone has a Queen Marlena cardback for sale, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    FANTASTIC episode! Thank you Val! GO Mythic Legions, GO!!!!

Great episode. Keep em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all the tooling info is also a real eye-opener about time and expense, especially for all the people who seem to think that Classics isn't expensive to produce.

I love the idea of a cool Mythic Legions Treasure chest, and castles! Even a section of a castle would be awesome. Like and old crumbling ruin and a section of stairs with stone debris laying all around...

Also...where do I download Roast Gooble uncensored? Mine had too many bleeps in the Power Con exclusive segment!
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Thank you for the shout out Val! Very excited for the character polls coming up.

Very interesting to hear him explain the tooling process with the factory. Glad to see RGD back on a regular basis!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Wow, this was very interesting! I'm sorry to hear there are still people saying (maddeningly) that they won't collect female figures. I wonder if that was part of why we never saw a release of the Vampire Lady and related variants or if there were other issues that prevented those figures from getting a kickstarter? That Kickstarter saved the Four Horsemen is very alarming too, I didn't realize that was how bad off the action figure industry really was. But I'm sorry so many of the FANtastic sketches never got released, particularly the ones like the Vampire Lady who seemed to be close. Not that I don't like what we *are* getting, just wondering since I had thought she might be among the Mythic Legion vampires until I saw the very different (though still awesome) Lucretia.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 29, 2017 at 08:15am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I love the idea of a cool Mythic Legions Treasure chest, and castles! Even a section of a castle would be awesome. Like and old crumbling ruin and a section of stairs with stone debris laying all around...

Also...where do I download Roast Gooble uncensored? Mine had too many bleeps in the Power Con exclusive segment!
    I think it would have been super funny (and a bit awkward) if Val had forgotten to censor said bits in the PowerCon segment!
    That's definitely something that could have happened to me because I get easily distracted
    Awesome sticker included!

I almost didn't censor them for almost that same reason!

It dawned on me when he said the second name. Then I was like "oh crap!" and had to back up and bleep the names.

With all the bleeps, it almost sounded to me like there were 4 Exclusives this year. Of course, can't really tell who anyone was talking about, and if they were talking about the same or different figures, but there were an awful lot of bleeps!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

From AdultCollector.org
    "If you're a fan of the results of those polls, you should be very happy with what's going on this year." - Eric Treadaway, Four Horsemen Studios, Roast Gooble Dinner Podcast Episode 142
    http://tinyurl.com/h9txy7o
    top ten.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    ...but there were an awful lot of bleeps!!
    Bleep off with your complaints about bleeps!

(j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    From AdultCollector.org
    "If you're a fan of the results of those polls, you should be very happy with what's going on this year." - Eric Treadaway, Four Horsemen Studios, Roast Gooble Dinner Podcast Episode 142
    top ten.jpg
    Based on what I've seen in confidence, I definitely agree with Eric about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Based on what I've seen in confidence, I definitely agree with Eric about that.
    For that to be true, at least one of either Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy or Granita must be in wave 2... maybe one of those 3 were moved from wave 1 due to the She-Ra licensing issue and replaced with Hawke or maybe Super7 is waiting to get the first wave sold in before attempting any completely new tooled figures in wave 2?
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    From AdultCollector.org
    top ten.jpg

I don't know if Super 7 will be able to make POP characters in the next few waves but this statement from the 4H is bringing hope to She-ravers!

I doubt that we'll see so many characters requiring new tooling though. By the way, if Super 7 follows the same patterns from Wave 1, they'll probably try to mix various eras or factions.

I 'm guessing we could see something like this:

- Granita (POP / Filmation)
    - King Miro (Heroic / 200x)
    - Dylamug or Hunga (Horde / Filmation)
    - Kayo (NA / GG)

There are a few characters whom I would not expect so soon after wave 1:
    - Lady Slither as she requires extra tooling and we're already getting a Snake Man with Fangor (who also happens to be a new mini comic character).
    - 200x Sorceress (I don't know why but I would rather expect a Filmation Sorceress in the next two Club Grayskull waves)
    - Illumina (isn't she stuck in a legal limbo, kind of like Karg?)
    - Kittrina (we're already getting 2 Filmation heroic ladies with Hawke/Delora)
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Super7 has done a great job of offering a wide range of characters with these first 4 figures. It would seem that they are looking at the top requests per "faction", rather than just the top ten of the poll.

If you take out the characters that still seem "in the air" (variants, PoP characters, 2-packs, concept characters, and Illumina), then you end up with 8 figures; which is exactly what Super7 is going to offer in 2017.

Prior to the reveals, I said that this would be those top characters, per faction...

King Miro (200X)
    Hawke/Delora
    Kittrina
    Lodar
    Lady Slither
    Fang-Or
    Quakke
    Lizorr

From that list, FOUR were accurate and filled up the first wave. If this is what they looked at to select characters, then there is a strong possibility that the next 4 characters will be Lady Slither, King Miro, Kittrina, and Lizorr.

HOWEVER, if they are able to get the rights to Princess of Power, or PoP Filmation characters, then I think it will be Dylamug, Granita, King Miro, and Lizorr. Maybe even Horde Mummy instead of Lizorr, just to really mix things up.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; January 29, 2017 at 06:02pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    then there is a strong possibility that the next 4 characters will be Lady Slither, King Miro, Kittrina, and Lizorr.
    That makes a lot of sense, but would they want to burn through 2 of the most demanded characters in one wave? Possibly I guess since this isn't Mattel we are talking about and it's in Super7s interest to sell as many figures as possibly from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    HOWEVER, if they are able to get the rights to Princess of Power, or PoP Filmation characters, then I think it will be Dylamug, Granita, King Miro, and Lizorr. Maybe even Horde Mummy instead of Lizorr, just to really mix things up.
    I hope they sort the rights out as a POP Filmation character should be in wave 2, since we are already getting MOTU Filmation in Wave 1.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

I could listen to Eric talk forever.
    His inside info is always a great listen!

Thanks Val, another amazing episode!

Another awesome episode. I am STUPID excited that we've been getting all these episodes lately too! I hope episodes continue to come out regularly, because it's such a joy every time they do!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    Another awesome episode. I am STUPID excited that we've been getting all these episodes lately too! I hope episodes continue to come out regularly, because it's such a joy every time they do!
    I agree.

Dang bleeps!!

This was a really interesting RGD! Really enjoyed it!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think all the tooling info is also a real eye-opener about time and expense, especially for all the people who seem to think that Classics isn't expensive to produce.
    That was very interesting.

One question I've always wanted to know the answer to is this:

Is it more expensive to produce a figure that is a straight repaint (for example, Ultimate Ram Man), or does a mix-and-matched character cost more, despite having no new tooling or paint ops? My guess is that a figure like Ultimate Skeletor would be pricier due to having to combine parts from mold A (Skeletor) with the arms and legs from mold B (Kobra Khan), etc.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 31, 2017 at 12:06am.

Woulnt it be great to see a documentary on the "life of a figure"... that is... a behind the scenes look at every stage of production from initial creative discussion to visual conception to sculpt to prototyping... changing... final approval then a behind the scenes look at what happens at the factory.. to final product and packaging design.... and all the steps in between i have no idea about. It could be based on just one figure... like ultimate mer-man or something. That would be pretty cool... and would probably make people feel much better about parting with their 30 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Widget
    This was the first podcast I've ever listened to - loved it (beeps and all), fascinating stuff, look forward to the next one!