Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's continuing with a Super7 sub (if there is one)

Widget

Who's continuing with a Super7 sub (if there is one)

Hi guys. I am a long time visitor but not a frequent poster here. I have been collecting MOTUC since 08 and am a mint on card collector. This past weekend I dug everything out of the closet and put everything in the living room and was astonished how large the collection got over the years. I usually display a new figure for a month or so then place it in a closet.

I am starting to feel like the collection is s burden due to the fact that I'm running out of space. In addition, with super 7 taking over the line and the vintage line complete, My first initial thought was to sell it off but I am having second thoughts. Are any other completists having these same thoughts? Any advice or thoughts are welcome

I am continuing to sub. I love the toys. My wife used to find them to be a burden but we moved and I have more room to display them. People are blown away when they see the room filled with MOC toys.

My toys are part of what makes me...me. I wouldn't ever sell them unless my family was going without something they needed.

If you have doubts about selling them ..then I wouldn't. I sold off my 2002 Masters toys that were MOC and I still regret it.
    MYP SKELETOR , ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Depends on cost, the exclusive, and the character selection. If they pull from that original org top 10 list I'll probably sub. If it's heavy with NA and variants I'll pass.

Heroic Warrior
    For me the collectors choice/motuc has run it's course for me so will not be subscribing to that line but will eagerly subscribe for another club Grayskull sub. Hoping to see Man at arms, teela, merman, fisto, whiplash, triklops with Ram Man sub exclusive so he can get all new tooling like evilseed did this year

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Well, I can't say for certain until I see what the 2017 sub is going to look like, but I'm leaning toward a no. I know there are people stoked for characters like Hunga the Harpy, Uncle Montork and Drunk Cousin Eddie, but those album cuts are a little too deep for my taste. 2016 Collector's Choice was enough of a stretch for me, and probably wasn't worth it after weeding out the few figures from this year that I actually want. The rest are taking up space in my basement, waiting for an ebay sale that I'll likely take a loss on. (I can't even give NA figures away) I've got a full vintage lineup, some great vehicles and a Castle Grayskull. I'm good. At best, I'll take my chances with the secondary market and cherry pick should any vintage mini-comic characters get made.

However, I'm all in for any further vintage vehicles as well as Snake Mountain, should Super-7 choose to turn the crazy dial up.
    HEY, SUPER 7! I'M PUTTING MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS! LET'S KICKSTART SNAKE MOUNTAIN!

It all depends on whats offered for Collectors choice, the size of the sub and the figures cost along with character selection. I will plan continue with Club Grayskull because I think they will keep that to six figures plus a sub exclusive. I would Also like to see Filmation He-Man reissued with the corrected longer ankle rocker to eliminate the ankle gap on his first run. I will for sure continue with Thundercats Classics should Brian Flynn & TFH get the Thundercats Lic from WB because the cat team & mutants need to be completed and we need Mumm-Ra The Ever Living with Full Sword Of Plundar & treasure Of Thundera.

Would also love Snake Mountain Kickstarter, but I understand Super 7 needs to get out figures first.

I would really love to see Super7 get the right to do a MOTU 87 movie Mini sub with

Dolph He-Man

Langella Skeletor

Evil Lynn

The Beast Man

Skeletors trooper

God skeletor

Karg as sub exclusive
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

I've been All-In on Classics from the beginning. That said, I am feeling a bit burnt out. I've ZERO interest in Toon Designs of characters I already think we're done perfectly, so I've ignored the Filmation line, only picking up accessories such as the sword from Skeletor and Beast Man's shield.

I could see myself skipping the sub, to be honest. Unless prices remain about the same and the selection has at least a few of the characters I really want, I may just wait to pick things up as the years unfold.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, Hawke, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    I won't be subscribing with Super7, although to be fair, I only ever subscribed for Club Etheria with Matty Collector.

I just don't see Super7 focusing on my "most wanted" (e.g. Granita, Hunga the Harpy, She-Ra and Catra variants, including cat-form Catra, Joya, Spydra, He-Ra, etc) because they would require a lot of unique tooling, they're variants of PoP characters or they're "concept" characters of PoP characters. Also, similar to the OP, I'm pretty happy with my already sizeable collection. I passed on Vultak earlier this year and I'm still not sure about General Sunder, especially since he doesn't come with an un-helmeted head. The poor AUD/USD exchange rate doesn't help matters either.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am absolutely subbing. Bring it on. There are so many more characters to get to, and I want to see new characters. I want them to push the story lines, reate new characters.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I will be subbing to any characters with classics detailing. I love Filmation or any characters made for Classics... however, if it's going to be more characters made to look like cartoons, then i'll be out.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

I will be subbing. There is to much that I still want!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

I'll definitely be subbing for Club Grayskull and Thundercats (hopefully the license is acquired early next year). Also for Collector's Choice, which is my #1 fave line, I'm in til it's fin, as long as they keep it for new characters and not variants (the sub exclusive being the exception). This year is a great example of character selection and I hope it continues in 2017.

If Super7 only focuses on reissues and A-list variants, I may have to cherry pick those as I only want a handful of them.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

It would take some serious missteps to make me not sub. For the most part, my subbing up is more likely to happen than not. I enjoy all eras, and Classics has done generally well overall thanks to the 4H. I haven't bothered with Filmation designs, so I'm hoping the Classics aesthetic continues.

The anniversary of the '87 movie, as well as the new storylines and designs out of DC should give Classics a considerable well to to plumb - and fodder for a worthwhile sub.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Heroic Warrior
    Depends on shipping costs. If we get some favorable international options then I will sub. This is a big one for me. I have passed on TLS and S7s current figures simply because I refuse to pay more for shipping than the price of the figure. The max shipping would be 40% of the cost of the figure.

Having said that, I consider MOTUC finished as of 31 December 2016. Whatever Super7 releases is a new collection to me, so if for some reason I don't sub, I will fill the gaps in my MOTUC collection.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    If the line-up stays in the way wa had, I'm in.
    If the sub goes with a lot of female and obscur characters, I think I'll pass ...

Court Magician
    I'll be subbing to show them some support. There aren't really any figures that I'm craving these days, but my hope is that by supporting the line it will encourage Super7 to venture into the vehicles and beasts that I would love to own and *ahem* Snake Mountain.

I honestly don't even see Super 7 focusing on classics with the new license. I see them doing more vintage style figures due to the less tooling and articulation needed. I mean think about it. That's super 7's thing, to focus on nostalgia. I'll take a hard pass if its lackluster and doesn't fit with my current collection.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I will be subbing if they continue the CG line. Want all of the filmation figures. I'm also hoping that the commemorative figures will return.

I will as long as prices don't skyrocket. Though they have said the price shouldn't be much higher, so I'm not worried.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll get my usual two subs
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Depends if Super 7 gets better shipping options. 45 usd for one kenner he-man figure has me worried.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I honestly don't even see Super 7 focusing on classics with the new license. I see them doing more vintage style figures due to the less tooling and articulation needed. I mean think about it. That's super 7's thing, to focus on nostalgia. I'll take a hard pass if its lackluster and doesn't fit with my current collection.
    This is what I was thinking--they may center on Classics for a little while but it sounds like they are most excited for the access to the vintage line from the Pixel Dan video from SDCC. I also worry that if I don't sell soon--Super 7 may reissue heavy hitters which are worth the most (Fisto, Teela) and that will bring down the price of these figures on the secondary market.

Probably only a filmation one of there is one

If Club Grayskull looks the way it did this year in terms of mostly A list characters, I would absolutely sub. If they are able to do Thundercats, I will absolutely sub. In terms of Collector's Choice... it would take a lot to get me to sub at this point. There are so few characters left that I'm actually interested in. I'll never say never, but I'd imagine I wouldn't sub for that one.