Thread: Classics 2.0 is now called Club Grayskull: same figures, same benefits, new name

Classics 2.0 is now called Club Grayskull: same figures, same benefits, new name

This has been mentioned in a couple other threads today, but it's deserving of it's own thread.

From the MattyCollector news:

MOTU Classics, New Adventures, Giants, Minis… we love ‘em all. But when we saw how awesome the six new Filmation-style figures turned out, we felt like kids on Christmas morning!

These new figures took us right back to where it started for many of us… the animated ‘80s series! There’s He-Man posing with the Power Sword, ready to take on arch-nemesis Skeletor. (“I have the power!”) But watch out for Beast Man and Trap Jaw! It’s a battle for Eternia and the fate of Castle Grayskull hangs in the balance…

And that’s when it hit us. This series cries out for a name worthy of the legend. And so we bring you… Club Grayskull!

The best part? If you’re a subscriber to Classics 2.0 you don’t have to do a single thing. You’ll get all six figures you’ve already signed up for, the club-exclusive Evil Seed, and all the benefits of your subscription. You’re already in!

Not a subscriber? No problem. Join us for our All-Access sales around the 15th of each month for a chance to score these bi-monthly figures. (Sorry, the club-exclusive Evil Seed figure only ships to subscribers!):
    He-Man (2/16)
    Trap Jaw (4/16)
    Skeletor (6/16)
    Evil Seed (Subscription-only figure, 8/16)
    Beast Man (8/16)
    Evil-Lyn (10/16)
    Clawful (12/16)
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Third time is a charm I guess.

1) HMATMOTU
    2) Classics 2.0
    3) Club Grayskull
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

People are freaking out about He-Man pictures (ankles, etc.) and not a word to tell us if they are representatives of the actual figure, but they... change the name. Riiight.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

I thought New Adventures was part of MOTUC. Are we getting another sub, Is something being teased?
    Last edited by Robi2184; February 10, 2016 at 05:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    I thought New Adventures was part of MOTUC. Are we getting another sub, Is something being teased?
    I also find it odd too... other factions are Filmation, POP and 200x which all got mini subs and they aren't listed. MOTU Classics = Collector's Choice, so maybe New Adventures will indeed be a 3rd MOTU subscription?
    Last edited by blackiecats; February 10, 2016 at 07:07pm.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

I like the name change!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Toy Guru made that NA mini sub "Joke" in the NYTF reveals thread, that I thought was him stealing Matty's Thunder about an unannounced NA mini sub. It now sounds like that is even more likely after this. I bet this is an indication something NA is coming....Mini Sub, SDCC pack, or something NA. If not.....it's another coincidence.
    Last edited by invisibleboy; February 10, 2016 at 08:39pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Court Magician
    Better name for sure, here's to hoping digital river doesn't find a way to use this to mess something up. I am kidding, I really hope I am kidding.

I know they already used Club Filmation a few years back, buuuut... I kinda feel like they should just call this particular sub... Club Filmation.
    Club Grayskull isn't bad, but it's a Filmation He-Man sub. It is still a better name and less misleading than Classics 2.0, considering these aren't Classics-level detailing or sculpting and are more smooth animation styled figures.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Club Grayskull!!
    RISE OF THE BEASTS SERIES 2 KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!!!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...easts-series-2

Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 12.31.15!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    Not that I think this "name" stuff makes a real difference, but I just wanted to say I think "Grayskull" is a poor choice for a name for this line.

To me, the most important thing about a name is a to have a reference point to discuss it.

"Filmation" = GREAT... "HM&TMOTU" = GOOD (appropriate enough, in that its the name of the show).... "Grayskull" = POOR (vague, a word that relates to a castle that spans many canons) If anything, the name feels like it could apply more to 200x-oriented figures, as that's where the KING Grayskull character was popularized.

No biggie, but it sucks that the name isn't helpful in using the name itself on a casual basis.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I also find it odd too... other factions are Filmation, POP and 200x which all got mini subs and they aren't listed. MOTU Classics = Collector's Choice, so maybe New Adventures will indeed be a 3rd MOTU subscription?
    Let's hope!

My fingers are crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I know they already used Club Filmation a few years back, buuuut... I kinda feel like they should just call this particular sub... Club Filmation.
    THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only one! Shouldn't a subscription to a line of figures based on their Filmation counterparts be named Filmation???
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Club Filmation 2.0

Heroic Warrior
    Club Filmation would have worked for me. Club Grayskull sounds like something that should be reserved for heroic warriors.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Club Grayskull Doesn't Sound Nice To This Line !

How About :-

Club Filmation Legends ?

Club Filmation Icons ?

Club Filmation Warriors ?

Club Filmation Masters ?
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

Club Grayskull is a much better name than 2.0 IMO.
    That New Adventures is very interesting Hope were not just reading too much into that.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Well something evidently pushed the ThunderCats figures off schedule and if this was pre-planned before ThunderCats (maybe before Scott Neitlich left) it could be possible. I mean the other two 2016 lines were pre-planned during Scott's time afterall.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, whatever the case, since MOTUC doesn't exist anymore in the context of "new releases", new branding for any of MOTUC's sub-genres is not only possible----it's necessary.

Heroic Warrior
    Sweet, I'm getting Mumm-ra with my Grayskull sub!

Classics 2.0 is now Club Grayskull!

"When we saw these newly-designed He-Man and Masters of the Universe® figures, we were super stoked and wanted the name to reflect how awesome they are. And so it’s no longer called “Classics 2.0.” We now bring you… Club Grayskull!

If you’re a subscriber, you don’t have to do a thing. You’ll automatically get all six new Filmation-style figures you signed up for, plus the club-exclusive Mumm-Ra™!"

Not even kidding, that's what mine says...
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Sweet, I'm getting Mumm-ra with my Grayskull sub!

Classics 2.0 is now Club Grayskull!

"When we saw these newly-designed He-Man and Masters of the Universe® figures, we were super stoked and wanted the name to reflect how awesome they are. And so it’s no longer called “Classics 2.0.” We now bring you… Club Grayskull!

If you’re a subscriber, you don’t have to do a thing. You’ll automatically get all six new Filmation-style figures you signed up for, plus the club-exclusive Mumm-Ra™!"

Not even kidding, that's what mine says...
    Yeah, same here. I think it's a typo!
    I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbi View Post
    Yeah, same here. I think it's a typo!
    I saw that too... In what looked like a broken HTML email.
    Quality control working overtime I see
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/helloMFS

Classics 2.0 is now called Club Grayskull: New Horrible ankles, same benefits...EA if we feel like it, new name.

*There Mattel...I fixed it for you! Filmation He-Man looks great from the knees up, so only 1/4 of it's ruined actually!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.