Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you are more on-board for the 200x mini-sub then the 2015 Main sub?

How many of you are more on-board for the 200x mini-sub then the 2015 Main sub?

I know I need to tread lightly right now but every single thread I read has at least two or three DIFFERENT posters touting the "alleged" 200x mini sub we may get next year. Of course all the staunch supporters of the main sub are on board with it as well, but I asked myself that question just a bit ago, and yes I realize that without the main sub there won't be the mini-sub, but would I sooner sign up for the 200x sub, and did not sign up for the main sub? The answer for me personally is a 100% yes.

Reasons
    1. 200x sub will more than likely only have variants of characters we want variants of AKA :Sorceress
    2.It will have original characters that we've never got in plastic that are "desirable" (I know matter of opinion)
    3. It will also fill out some of the other factions, such as Calix another Horde member, Veena to go with King Greyskull and Battle Lion, Evil-Seed to re create the council of Evil storyline.
    4. These characters hold nostalgia for some who liked the show, myself included. Also they will be basically new tooled figures, when basically when we're paying top dollar for action figures we expect to get our moneys worth and not some cheap repaint with new accessories.

I'm 100% sure if the 2015 sub goes thru the 200x sub is a lock. But honestly I ask the question to you all, who are not subbing. Would you rather the 200x mini-sub over the main 2015?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I want both!

Yeah, I really want this sub. Mainly for Evil Seed and to a lesser extent for Veena.

If it ends up being the 2016 line, I'd be happy too.
    ***Previously abaddon_31 on the Matty Collector Message Boards***
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

While I'd subscribe to the supposed 200x mini sub - I'm a completist after all - I honestly couldn't care less for it.

I never watched the 200x show and thus have no emotional connection to it. But I can totally understand that fans of it want figures based on the cartoon. It's the same with me and Filmation, I'd love to have about every character that ever was on that show since that's where my childhood memories are from.

I'd prefer a 200X mini-sub to more Filmation characters in the main sub. Although I watched Filmation as a child I can't take it seriously as an adult. I watched 200X as an adult and thought it was a superior cartoon. So it's not just about emotional connection for me.

I was more excited about the potential 200X sub than the regular sub but now i have eliminated my hope.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I wouldn't want a 200X mini-sub at the expense of the completing both Pop and Vintage. I do however want
    a 200X mini-sub just as much as I want the regular 2015 sub, namely because I see the potential of phenomenal
    figures coming from the 200X sub. At the end of the day I'll be content with just Eternia 2015, anything else is just a
    welcomed bonus.

Both please.

I think the character development and general storylines in the 200x cartoon are more developed and interesting than the Filmation cartoons, but damn it, I love the cheesy-ness (I think I made that word up) of the filmation cartoons and the voice overs. Kobra Khan and Webstor are amazing in the filmation cartoon!

I would definitely recommend watching the 200x cartoon to anyone that hasn't seen them - well worth a few hours of your time.

Definitely want 200x mini sub. I loved the 4H/MYP designs for MOTU and would love to see more of them.

Court Magician
    I'm really eager to get both, but 200x is looking like a long shot at the moment.

I would sub for a 200X in a heartbeat.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    1. 200x sub will more than likely only have variants of characters we want variants of AKA :Sorceress
    2.It will have original characters that we've never got in plastic that are "desirable" (I know matter of opinion)
    3. It will also fill out some of the other factions, such as Calix another Horde member, Veena to go with King Greyskull and Battle Lion, Evil-Seed to re create the council of Evil storyline.
    4. These characters hold nostalgia for some who liked the show, myself included. Also they will be basically new tooled figures, when basically when we're paying top dollar for action figures we expect to get our moneys worth and not some cheap repaint with new accessories.
    I fully accept that you might prefer 200x characters over vintage MOTU, POP etc, but I'm not sure how you justify many of these reasons as listed. For example the budget for a mini sub will be the same as for the main sub so the number of newly tooled figures will be the same in both. Won't the main sub also fill out factions such as the Horde with Dragstor, Snakemen with Squeeze etc? As for variants, Snake Armour He-Man & 200x Hsss are in the main sub. Besides maybe Sorceress (we wait and see what the design plan is if/when Mattel get to Evil Seed), are Mattel likely to give any more slots in a 6 figure sub to variants as opposed to new characters?

Both, but the 200x mini sub is more to my liking really.. I really want that mini sub.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I want both, but I am mostly more of a 200X fan in terms of design and variety of sizes (stactions to me are essentially the PERFECT MOTU designs - with a few exceptions where classics wins out)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Me... I want that more than 2015 to be honest!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I have very little interest in a 200x sub. I'd get it if it came out because I'm a completist, but the proposed 2015 sub has the characters I've been waiting years for. If 2015 doesn't go through, no way am I on board for a 2015 sub.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

If 2015 does well enough to go though still giving us the 200x Mini sub and other out of sub goodies then i'll buy my usual two mini subs on top of my two 2015 subs.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Both for me, please!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Im in till the end! Any Sub!!!!

Without the main sub there wont be any mini sub to expect or discuss... So sub up and lets make it happen... Both subs!

I already Pre-Ordered a 2015 sub. And I would also order a 200x mini-sub if offered. I'd also buy a NA mini-sub if they offered that too. Or another Filmation mini-sub. I REALLY LOVE this line!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I would sub for a 2000x sub, purely from the fact that in the hands of the horsemen, the over complicated designs of 2000x, and the classics aesthetics combined, make some of the best figures in the line, for me there's no nostalgia to the figures or the cartoon, I was at a age were the 'manga' angle the figures took completely turned me off ,

But in short,... Yes I'd love to sub

Both for me.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I already Pre-Ordered a 2015 sub. And I would also order a 200x mini-sub if offered. I'd also buy a NA mini-sub if they offered that too. Or another Filmation mini-sub. I REALLY LOVE this line!!!
    This all the way. I'm in it to the end and I want every figure from every era.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid