Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2376

Thread: Post your "MIX & MATCH" MOTUC figure Photos!!

I finally have the MOTUC Man at Arms that I’ve always wanted.

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-p...2520colors.jpg
    Nice. Are those He-Man boots you have on him?

What base body are you using for him? It isn't the PG or SMAA - very nice!

Are boots somehow exchangeable?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    Nice. Are those He-Man boots you have on him?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    What base body are you using for him? It isn't the PG or SMAA - very nice!
    base body – Palace Guard
    loin cloth, armor, and mace – Snake Man at Arms
    boots – Battle Armor He-Man
    head – Man at Arms (obviously)

Are boots somehow exchangeable?
    The boots are easy to swap. I just use a hair dryer to soften the plastic up and then carefully pop them off. The loin cloth is what’s really tricky to swap.

Heroic Warrior
    base body – Palace Guard
    loin cloth, armor, and mace – Snake Man at Arms
    boots – Battle Armor He-Man
    head – Man at Arms (obviously)
    Does the color of the boots match the loincloth as well in person as it does in the picture?

Looks great! I will be doing something similar when mine arrives. But I'm not too happy they gave him the longer 200X style trunks. BTW, did you know the hose is swappable too. Jon14 did it and posted it in the custom section. It looks even better IMO. Here's the link. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Colored-Armor

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    Does the color of the boots match the loincloth as well in person as it does in the picture?
    Both Snake Man at Arms’ loin cloth and He-Man’s boots consist of a lighter reddish brown and a darker brown. Both colors found on both Snake Man at Arms’ loin cloth and He-Man’s boots match well. But I should note that because there is a little more dark brown visible on the loin cloth than on the boots, the boots appear slightly lighter than the loin cloth. But this is just a visual trick because the ratio between the lighter reddish brown and darker brown is different between the loin cloth and the boots. The actual hue of the lighter reddish brown and darker brown actual match very well.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Looks great! I will be doing something similar when mine arrives. But I'm not too happy they gave him the longer 200X style trunks. BTW, did you know the hose is swappable too. Jon14 did it and posted it in the custom section. It looks even better IMO. Here's the link. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Colored-Armor
    I would have preferred the shorter loin cloth as it is closer to the vintage toy. But I don’t mind the longer loin cloth as much as I thought I would.

I may consider swapping the hose as I do have an extra Man at Arms chest armor I could use. But the blue hose is starting to grow on me. It’s the only 200X influence that I actually like having on this otherwise classic looking figure.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great work, faker II: well done!

shadow beast's newest weapon:

prowlar, carnivus' cub:

sonja and valeria, preternian warrioress (the eagle is not jayna's bird form, had to repaint a zoar):

"my" latest version of lt. andra (dcuc dr. mid-nite's cape):

Looking good Charlie Brown.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Ok, I could see boots, like hands turn in a joint but how exactly do the loin cloths swap?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I like the way that Prowlar turned out, Charlie.

Ok, I could see boots, like hands turn in a joint but how exactly do the loin cloths swap?
    The loin cloths are very tricky. Here’s how I do it:

- I use a hair dryer to heat up the arms and pop the biceps off the shoulders.
    - I use a hair dryer to heat up the legs and pop the boots off.
    - I wad up a piece of aluminum foil about an inch thick, and wide and long enough to fit the figure.
    - Place the foil on top of a baking sheet and place the figure on top of the foil.
    - Turn oven on to 160 degrees and place the baking sheet with figure into the oven for 15 minutes.
    - Once you take the figure out, immediately pop off the the upper legs legs off of the hip.
    - Then use a flat head screwdriver (make sure it’s not too sharp or it might scratch some plastic) and slide it under the loin cloth and stretch the loin cloth out and over the pelvis. This takes a lot of work.
    - First work the lion cloth off of the pelvis to where it is resting at the top of the hip joints.
    - By this point the loin cloth will have cooled down a bit and won’t be as stretchy so you’ll need a hair dryer to soften it up a bit.
    - Then stretch the loin cloth over one hip and then the other to finally remove it.
    - Repeat the same steps above for the other figure your working with.
    - Use a hair dryer to heat up the loin cloth and then work it back onto the body.
    - Stretch it up over one hip, then the other.
    - Then stretch it up over the pelvis and slide the top rim between the pelvis and torso where it belongs.
    - This takes a lot of work and will require heating the loin cloth with a hair dryer repeatedly as needed.
    - Use a hair dryer to heat up the legs, boots, arms, etc. and pop them back on.

I have been able to do this using just a hair dryer. But I’ve found that the oven trick works best for the few steps I mentioned.
    Last edited by FAKER II; June 24, 2012 at 08:25am.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Looking good Charlie Brown.
    thanks guys.

faker II: interesting method for swapping loincloths, thank for sharing.

Heroic Warrior

The loin cloths are very tricky. Here’s how I do it:

- I use a hair dryer to heat up the arms and pop the biceps off the shoulders.
    - I use a hair dryer to heat up the legs and pop the boots off.
    - I wad up a piece of aluminum foil about an inch thick, and wide and long enough to fit the figure.
    - Place the foil on top of a baking sheet and place the figure on top of the foil.
    - Turn oven on to 160 degrees and place the baking sheet with figure into the oven for 15 minutes.
    - Once you take the figure out, immediately pop off the the upper legs legs off of the hip.
    - Then use a flat head screwdriver (make sure it’s not too sharp or it might scratch some plastic) and slide it under the loin cloth and stretch the loin cloth out and over the pelvis. This takes a lot of work.
    - First work the lion cloth off of the pelvis to where it is resting at the top of the hip joints.
    - By this point the loin cloth will have cooled down a bit and won’t be as stretchy so you’ll need a hair dryer to soften it up a bit.
    - Then stretch the loin cloth over one hip and then the other to finally remove it.
    - Repeat the same steps above for the other figure your working with.
    - Use a hair dryer to heat up the loin cloth and then work it back onto the body.
    - Stretch it up over one hip, then the other.
    - Then stretch it up over the pelvis and slide the top rim between the pelvis and torso where it belongs.
    - This takes a lot of work and will require heating the loin cloth with a hair dryer repeatedly as needed.
    - Use a hair dryer to heat up the legs, boots, arms, etc. and pop them back on.

I have been able to do this using just a hair dryer. But I’ve found that the oven trick works best for the few steps I mentioned.
    The only problem with that method is you're basically filling your oven with carcinogenic chemicals.

Heroic Warrior
    I know this is off topic but is should be safer to boil water separately then pour it into a bowl and place the figure in the bowl. It should only take 30 seconds or so to make it soft enough to remove the legs. Don't try it get it all done in one shot. If the plastic gets hard again place the figure back in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    The only problem with that method is you're basically filling your oven with carcinogenic chemicals.
    I only said it worked. I didn’t promise it was safe. Would the chemicals coat the oven walls or escape as gas? What is the difference between baking plastic in an oven at a very low temperature and nuking plastic Tupperware in the microwave? I’m not trying to argue. Just curious.

I can say this much, I’ve observed far more damage to plastic from the hot water method than from using a hair dryer or oven. Any method with less potential for damaging the plastic would seem to me it would involve less chemicals being released. But if those chemicals do in fact coat the oven and don’t escape then I can definitely see that as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    faker II: interesting method for swapping loincloths, thank for sharing.
    Use with caution. As vertigoink suggested, I may be killing myself.
    Last edited by FAKER II; June 25, 2012 at 09:30am.

PrimeOr.JPG

This is a combo my daughter came up with that's pretty sweet actually.

I know the Griffon is to be Beastman's mount, but I really like Demo-Man on him personally...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Here's a couple of mix 'n' match kit bashes based on this month's releases:

I was surprised how much I liked Snake Man At Arms once I swapped in a normal MAA head, but that left the snake face with no home, so it found a nice one on a spare King Hiss:

IMG_3733.jpg

Next I really wanted a different body for the alternate Horde Prime head so I ended up using a Spector body, Webstor Armor, Keldor cape, MAA left arm armor, and Preternia He-Man gun. Not sure it looks like Horde Prime but to me it looks like a fun Filmation Style villain...

IMG_3734.jpg
    http://www.spymonkeycreations.com/
    Custom Action Figure Accessories

Heroic Warrior
    I only said it worked. I didn’t promise it was safe. Would the chemicals coat the oven walls or escape as gas? What is the difference between baking plastic in an oven at a very low temperature and nuking plastic Tupperware in the microwave? I’m not trying to argue. Just curious.

I can say this much, I’ve observed far more damage to plastic from the hot water method than from using a hair dryer or oven. Any method with less potential for damaging the plastic would seem to me it would involve less chemicals being released. But if those chemicals do in fact coat the oven and don’t escape then I can definitely see that as a problem.

Use with caution. As vertigoink suggested, I may be killing myself.
    You're right actually that the hot water thing can cause more damage to the plastic than the oven- as long as you monitor the temp the plastic shouldn't have any chemical reaction. Also I meant that really helpfully so I apologize if it comes off wrong.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    IMG00101-20120630-1107.jpg

I guess with all the talk of going back in time to save Sir Lazer-lot and make him Man-at-Arms, why couldn't TMS go back and save the REAL Man-At-Arms? (Aside from his massive ego)

So this what I present....

Codename: Geist....(Duncan) Saved by TMS before dying at the hands of Clamp Champ, Duncan is brought to future and is asked by King He-Man to become a time agent. Given the name Geist to protect his true identity, Duncan reports to TMS as his second in command, however, King He-Man has assigned Duncan to watch TMS who he suspects to be a double agent working for Skeletor. Geist is given a proto-type of the Vortex suit along with a more compact version of the cosmic key.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

A couple of mix-and-matched Horde Primes. Very simple.

I really like this one!

This thread provided me with the perfect name for my newest custom, Mix-N-Match!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I really like this one!

This thread provided me with the perfect name for my newest custom, Mix-N-Match!

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...mixnmatch7.jpg
    I love it. 1 question, did you fix the stinkor forearm first?

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    IMG00101-20120630-1107.jpg

I guess with all the talk of going back in time to save Sir Lazer-lot and make him Man-at-Arms, why couldn't TMS go back and save the REAL Man-At-Arms? (Aside from his massive ego)

So this what I present....

Codename: Geist....(Duncan) Saved by TMS before dying at the hands of Clamp Champ, Duncan is brought to future and is asked by King He-Man to become a time agent. Given the name Geist to protect his true identity, Duncan reports to TMS as his second in command, however, King He-Man has assigned Duncan to watch TMS who he suspects to be a double agent working for Skeletor. Geist is given a proto-type of the Vortex suit along with a more compact version of the cosmic key.
    Cool story line regarding Duncan and I like the green color with the yellow harness much more than the purple. I like the idea of TMS becoming a villain in the future, he has way too much power on his hands and looks easily corruptible to me He'll make a much better villain, like an Immortus/Kang villain from Marvel.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior

Oh, man, this one is nice.

I can imagine some cool Customs with SMAA, MAA & Palace Guards, especially when we got the blue Armcannon...

- - - Updated - - -

Had some nice time making these guys:

Foto am 01.07.12 um 03.03.jpg

-DC He-Man head & loincloth
    -Demo Man cloth
    -Bow legs
    -He-Ro boots & torso
    -Roboto arms

Foto am 29.06.12 um 01.38 #3.jpg

-Demo Man head, torso & arms
    -Hordak armor & loincloth
    -Faceless One legs
    -Zodak boots

Foto am 01.07.12 um 03.03 #2.jpg

-Faceless One head
    -DC Skeletor hood, armor & loincloth
    -Adam torso, arms & boots
    -Zodak hands
    -Hordak

Foto am 29.06.12 um 01.46.jpg

-He-Man head
    -Skeletor armor & loincloth
    -Marzo arms
    -Faceless One legs & boots
    Last edited by Berserker79; June 30, 2012 at 10:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I love it. 1 question, did you fix the stinkor forearm first?
    lol no I left it as is. I actually was half done fixing my other two Stinkor figures when I realized the arm had to be painted. One thing that excited me about this custom is that it requires very little paint, allowing it to be handled without worrying about the paint fading/chipping/etc.