Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your "MIX & MATCH" MOTUC figure Photos!!

Heroic Warrior
    I love this thread. I don't hvae the time nor do I want to test the waters of part swapping unless I am doing a custom, so I am glad you all have no problems doing what you do. Seeing some of these combinations have me thinking of some easy yet effective customs I could do.

Well, I started out by making my ideal Skeletor and He-man, based on the DC/Mini comics:

(Keldors body, 2 pack head and armor, Re-issue Skeletors sword)

(2 pack body, Green Goddess He-man armor)

However, I also thought this would look rather cool:

Demo-Man?

(Scareglow with Keldors armor, Re-issue Skeletors Staff)

Then, waste not, want not?

Parts-man!

(2 pack Skeletors body, 2-pack He-mans armor, Keldors head, Scareglows Halbard)

Group Shots!

Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Pravus Prime's post kicked my butt in gear to geting my pictures I took today posted online. As I'd said before to a response on the Sword of He in a previous WTFWTK Q&A session, he's the first case where the Sword of Power has turned purple because of the He-Man wielding it...

Purp-Ar

Following closely upon the death of the first He-Man; Vikor, the Goddess Sharella quickly sought a new champion better suited to quell the inadvertent threat to Castle Grayskull. The Council of Elders and Sharella soon saw the error in the nomination of Omar to be the first ruler of Eternia as his desire to expand his kingdom saw fit to level King Grayskull’s ancient fortress. Without holding any regard for where his royal appointment came from, King Omar ignored Vikor’s warnings of the consequences for attempting to destroy the castle and was thusly defeated. Seeing how Omar’s position and his race’s natural superiority of Humans clouded his judgment, Sharella tested a Gar hunter in the vine jungle by feigning to be attacked by a griffin. After Purp-Ar rescued her, the Goddess was certain she found the perfect specimen of the Gar race to reason with the misguided king and use force if it were necessary to prevent the destruction of Castle Grayskull and the Sword of He. Taking the name "He-Man" Purp-Ar set off to halt King Omar army just as they reached the castle grounds.

This next picture will probably get me some She-Hater insults thrown my way, but I challenge you to ask yourselves this: if I were to hate She-Ra, why would I even waste my money on the figure or waste my time opening it just to take this one pic? Besides, there's redemption I felt should follow in the next pic. In fact, the inspiration for it followed right after I got the shot I wanted. Okay...

Cyber Hordak

Immediately following his defeat from Skeletor, Hordak underwent the painful process of reviving from near-death. The Horde’s most prestigious scientists, engineers and witches worked tirelessly to in secret to nurse their beloved leader back to health. After much time passed from Skeletor’s successful coup of the Horde Empire, Hordak felt well enough to regain his throne. Although the tests he and his constituents had run on his new cybernetic weapons were satisfactory, Kur wanted to be absolutely sure there would be no errors in his new enhancements in combat. Seeing it fit to dissolve two tasks in one stroke, Hordak executed a surprise attack against She-Ra. His plan to thwart the growing rebellion against the Horde Empire on Etheria and sending a message of his return to Skeletor proved successful. Victory came to Hordak during the battle with the Princess of Power after a techno-etherial blast from his bionic cannon pierced her in the forehead. She-Ra died instantly. After so many altercations with the most powerful woman in the universe, Hordak’s thirst for revenge was finally slaked as he waited for the news of She-Ra’s demise to travel to his former pupil.

Goddess She-Ra

Sensing a vicious battle through the magic of the Stone of Protection, the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull quickly transcended to the Ethereal Plane to aide She-Ra in her battle against Hordak. Teela’s astral form arrived to the Stone of Protection’s location just in time to see her friend Adora fall in battle against her longtime foe. Fighting the shock of witnessing She-Ra’s death, the Sorceress gathered the spirit of Princess Adora along with the magical powers she still held and guided them to safety within the Ethereal Plane before Hordak could further corrupt and defile her vessel. Within the confines of Castle Grayskull, Teela and Adora carefully considered the Adora’s spiritual options. During their deliberation, a female voice echoed to Teela through the halls of Grayskull. The woman revealed herself to be the Goddess Sharella. Sensing a time was drawing near for a new champion of Grayskull to be selected, offered to bond herself with Adora’s spirit to seek out King Adam’s successor for the title of “He-Man” to defend Eternia from the coming threat of the Horde Empire. Adora sadly agreed to Sharella’s proposition; knowing her twin brother would come to his own untimely death just as she did.

Love the Bright blue (filmation) Skeletor (I did that too!) but somehow the claw footed Keldor creeps me out a bit... LOL!

I was watching some episodes of New Adventures and I wanted to try and make a NA-esque Skeletor. Basically just gave 'ol Bone Face Zodac's armor and Hordak's cape & cowl.

From Toys

Here's Evil Man-At-Arms... again, nothing too complicated here.

From Toys
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Where did you find that cape?? Looks really cool.
    Last edited by Barnster; June 23, 2010 at 07:36am.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

it came from a greek/roman looking figure. i can post a pic if you like. the place i went had a ton of crap figures put in plastic bags for a $1.99. i figured if the cape didn't work it wasn't that big of a deal. i also scored an extra 200x heman minus weapons and a vintage she-ra only missing tiara and coomb.
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Not that much of a mix 'n match, but:

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    it came from a greek/roman looking figure. i can post a pic if you like. the place i went had a ton of crap figures put in plastic bags for a $1.99. i figured if the cape didn't work it wasn't that big of a deal. i also scored an extra 200x heman minus weapons and a vintage she-ra only missing tiara and coomb.
    Yes, please! Post a pic! Were there others that you'd be willing to purchase for trade or to buy?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Just figured I'd also post the Faker/Keldor headswap.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe Ghostal View Post
    Not that much of a mix 'n match, but:
    Dang, I never thought of that! Using the Superman Blue arm bolts like that is brilliant! I'm very likely to steal that idea....
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Dang, I never thought of that! Using the Superman Blue arm bolts like that is brilliant! I'm very likely to steal that idea....
    If you like that idea, you really oughta check out the different kinds of force lightning that come with Star Wars figures.

Did some stuff here,

and here.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    For those of us subscribing to the old school twin story...
    The figures look great. So does the photo!
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Quote Originally Posted by PrfktTear View Post
    I was watching some episodes of New Adventures and I wanted to try and make a NA-esque Skeletor. Basically just gave 'ol Bone Face Zodac's armor and Hordak's cape & cowl.

That NA Skeletor shows a lot of resourcefulness on your part, I think. Good job!

Great idea PrfktTear! Skeletor is very cool!

I'm sure someone has done this already, but here it is.

Also, here's a cool green cape from some build-a-figure:

Also, I've dived into the Sigma 6 stuff: almost all of the gear works! Here's two of the best (also, I didn't feel like taking all the gear off of everyone, but the ones I tried fit perfectly).

A little more of a regal look for him, and:

I dunno, maybe a winter operations Tri-Klops?

LOVE the green cape on Mossman
    It makes him look like an ambassador or something.
    Or like autumn is coming.

Alexx!

I am glad you posted that pic of Evil-Lyn... she was the first figure I tried Keldor's cape on. I was surprised by how good it looked.

WHERE is that green cape from?? What Build-a-Figure??
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Alexx!

I am glad you posted that pic of Evil-Lyn... she was the first figure I tried Keldor's cape on. I was surprised by how good it looked.

WHERE is that green cape from?? What Build-a-Figure??
    Green cape is from Hasbro Fantastic Four Classics line with the BAF Ronan the Accuser.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Great job Alexx! Mossman with cape is really cool and the same Triklops!

Ha! She-Ra of the Royal Guard is Lady Gaga! None of the other pictures look like her, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    I'll bravely go where no Org-er has gone before (at least in this thread lol) I took these last night when I was bored. Pay no attention to the blacked out areas in some pictures, i didn't notice that I had something with my full address on it right in the picture, also that's *not* a beer can, it's a soda can. Generic store brand cherry flavored soda, that's just how I roll at 3 am.

She-Ra of the Royal Guard/Rebel Master and Horde Magic brainwashed Teela:
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...Enthralled.jpg
    *** Please be sure to remove image-links when quoting a message, thank you! ***
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    The figures look great. So does the photo!
    Why thank you!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

One more Sigma 6 armor, on Kronis, this time. Also with some Xevoz weapons.

Also, more Xevoz weapons on Skeletor. Sorta like magic shadow weapons for 'em.

Yes! I love the green cape on Mossman!
    And the rest are great too!
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    Not technically a mix and match between motuc and motuc, but rather a mix and match between universes.

Fabulous secret powers revealed