Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2308

Thread: Post your "MIX & MATCH" MOTUC figure Photos!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was moving my collection around today trying to follow the MOTUC Timeline that someone created on here. I pretty much had everything right, but moved some stuff around.

I was also going thru my "extras" bag and I had an extra Sorceress. After reading the new Skeletor mini comic, I had an idea.

I always like the idea of the Goddess and Teela being her clone as it appears in the Tale of Teela mini comic. I always like the scene when Goddess merges back with Teela and she has the snake armor but also flowing hair.

So, I took my Sorceress, the red snake armor that came in the weapons pack, and the Capt. Glenn extra ponytail head I had. I took the red snake staff and built The Sorceress-Goddess

Photo 15.jpg

It's pretty neat. I put her on my shelf with Faceless One, King Grayskull, Zodak and Moss Man.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    The Variants Of The Millennium (), Dragon Blaster He-Man & Thunder Punch Skeletor !

Dragon Blaster With A Master !

I always hated Vykron figure, but I did like some of his parts. We all know Prince Adam won’t stand well because of his terrible loose ankle joints. Well thanks to Vykron, (One Of) My Prince Adam will ALWAYS be "Standing Tall" forever ! Not only that, he also spots with his 200X style look !!

The Morden 200X Prince !

Similarly, I never liked the Dekker character. Both his younger & older look failed to impress me, but I did like his outfit somewhat. Thanks to afro palace guard head, “Supreme Royal Guards” are ready to serve King Randor !

Supreme Royal Guard !

THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Classics Thundarr! just need Skelly 2 pack yellow sword!
    Last edited by mk1138; March 17, 2013 at 09:40pm. Reason: fat fingers

Heroic Warrior
    I can't remember seeing anyone doing this, I might be wrong though, and if so sorry - but it's a great idea for alternative armor!
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

That is indeed a nice alternate for Jitsu.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    still need to do some modifications and recoloring, but here are some new characters for my preternia:

Snappy Threader
    Very cool Charlie Brown. Do you have names and bios?

thanks!

weel, they're all preternians: the ocean lord is king rakash;
    the lady is thetis, rakash's magician;
    the warrior is rogar (named by a fellow orger in the italian forum),
    wielder of the (later) lost swords of earth & sea and champion of
    king adam (king he-man as king grayskull's father).

Great stuff, gang!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think that this has already been done here, but just wanted to toss in my take on it too. I present, "200X" He-Man .

Some fantastic mix and match figures here - like i have said elsewhere I haven't got a loose collection, mine are all MOC currently but I have spent many an hour contemplating what mixes I will come up when I open them. I am not a fan of Sir Laserlots overly blue design so am still debating what buck I want to use his head and armour with - any suggestions on what might work fellow orgers?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Some fantastic mix and match figures here - like i have said elsewhere I haven't got a loose collection, mine are all MOC currently but I have spent many an hour contemplating what mixes I will come up when I open them. I am not a fan of Sir Laserlots overly blue design so am still debating what buck I want to use his head and armour with - any suggestions on what might work fellow orgers?
    I swapped Mekaneck's head/neck, armour and weapon onto the Laserlot body, and Laserlot's armour and weapon (Bow's alternate head) onto the Mek body. I'm much happier with both figures this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    i used mo-lar buck:

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    still need to do some modifications and recoloring, but here are some new characters for my preternia:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6803/wipkt.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/732/wip2f.jpg

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2835/wip3q.jpg
    Great stuff!... I would love to have these in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Great stuff!... I would love to have these in my collection.
    thanks!

well, they're actually very simple to make...but still working on some further modifications to make
    them a little more unique.

I want to swap Keldor's loincloth onto Skeletor's body and also do some leg swaps. I heated up the figure's hips so I could take the legs off and then shimmy the loincloth off, but I couldn't get the legs off at all. My hair dryer got the plastic nice and soft, to the point where I was accidentally bending the figure's knees all the way back when I was trying to yank off the legs. But the legs just wouldn't budge... what am I doing wrong? I was afraid I was going to snap off the crotch joints if I pulled any harder.

I've been able to do boots and hand swaps with this method, but I just can't seem to get the legs off.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I want to swap Keldor's loincloth onto Skeletor's body and also do some leg swaps. I heated up the figure's hips so I could take the legs off and then shimmy the loincloth off, but I couldn't get the legs off at all. My hair dryer got the plastic nice and soft, to the point where I was accidentally bending the figure's knees all the way back when I was trying to yank off the legs. But the legs just wouldn't budge... what am I doing wrong? I was afraid I was going to snap off the crotch joints if I pulled any harder.

I've been able to do boots and hand swaps with this method, but I just can't seem to get the legs off.
    Boil him. I suggest boiling being there isn't a whole lot of paint on that portion of either figure.

If you tugged that long and hard and you still couldn't budge the legs, he's going to be really loose when your done with him if he's not already.

*...snicker.

i tend to use hot water more than hairdryer, but it should work both ways: maybe it's just a matter of reaching the inner
    part of the joint.

here's what i've done with my "frosta's arms gift":

i liked the orange loincloth of the vintage figure, so i went up with this color scheme.
    he's abyssus, his twin brother oceanor (blue mer man slightly modified) is still to come...

Love the eyes on Abyssus!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    i tend to use hot water more than hairdryer, but it should work both ways: maybe it's just a matter of reaching the inner
    part of the joint.

here's what i've done with my "frosta's arms gift":

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1786/abyssus.jpg

i liked the orange loincloth of the vintage figure, so i went up with this color scheme.
    he's abyssus, his twin brother oceanor (blue mer man slightly modified) is still to come...

blah blah blah. 10 char. blah blah. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Boil him. I suggest boiling being there isn't a whole lot of paint on that portion of either figure.
    Thanks. And thank you too, Charlie. Is the thing about boiling water breaking down the plastic a bunch of hooey?

Painting Mer-Man's eyes black makes him CREEPY.

Don't boil him.

Use the microwave to heat up water in a large coffee cup for 3-4 minutes.

After you take it out put fig in for about 2 mins and they should pop of easy. Repeat steps for loin.

Be patient.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Thanks. And thank you too, Charlie. Is the thing about boiling water breaking down the plastic a bunch of hooey?

Painting Mer-Man's eyes black makes him CREEPY.
    I have been doing it for a while now, and have never had an issue with it. The best thing to do once done is cool it down again, the plastic firms back up and all is just fine. Boiling is no different than heating with another source, I've just found it more effective. Although, if you plan to paint with acrylic, you should assemble the figure first before painting after scuffing the parts and checking for rub points....because boiling water, will loosen acrylics, even if they've been on there for a while.

But I will say, boil the water, then place the parts in it....I don't boil the part in the water, and just leave it in only long enough to make it soft. And avoid too much tugging, some parts are hard, but they usually come off.

And how does boiling water break down plastic anyway? You have a greater chance of melting plastic with a hair dryer than you ever will boiling it, remember plastic is injected at high temps, much hotter than boiling water will reach. A hair dryer is good for some things, but I found it takes much longer to heat a part with that than boiled water....plus, the water will get into the joints and soften them, the hot air, not so much, that is why boiling is faster.

I do a lot of customs....I've used this method for a couple years now, and I've never once had an issue with it.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Also the 'boiling water' is a bit of a misnomer. You typically aren't quite boiling the water, I typically have our keurig heat me up some water to loosen joints which gets to 192F with boiling being 212.

On the topic though, this gave me an idea (before I saw someone else did it) to put snake armor Teela head on a She-ra body for my Teela Sorceress and pose with King He-man. I will pick up a BP She-ra when I get Larfleeze to save on shipping. Also looking to put a Tallstar head on BG Teela to make her Vikor's Teela. It was kind of funny the day after I started thinking of doing that I saw one go up for sale in the marketplace.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it