Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2362

Thread: Post your "MIX & MATCH" MOTUC figure Photos!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Swapped in DB Skeletor's forearms and boots for a vintage look. I do need to paint match those forearms though.

Attachment 85875
    Why do the forearm swap, just swap the whole body:

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...AB9D954BE2.jpg
    I may still do that. I originally bought DB Skeletor to use those parts on Mer-Man, and repaint green of course. Already sold off the rest of the armor, dragon, sword & body before I put these parts on Skeletor out of curiosity.

I may end up buying another DB Skeletor and do just as you did. I do prefer the lighter blue of the original Skeletor, though. Then there is the issue of the blastic and its susceptibility to scratching, especially at the shoulders. I'm not sure what I want to do.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; July 8, 2013 at 01:52pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...AB9D954BE2.jpg
    I didn't just do a body swap for these reasons...

1) The color of the trunks is a little different on DB than regular Skeletor. The strips that hang down are darker on DB Skeletor.
    2) I wanted to minimize the amount of "blastic" on the figure.
    3) DB Skeletor's right hand isn't even a Skeletor hand.

When I made my "vintage toy" style Skeletor, I used the DB boots and arms from the biceps to the wrist. The body and hands are from a regular Skeletor. Yes, the blues are not identical but they are a passable match. Swapping at the bicep meant I was less likely to scrape off blue paint from the blastic during the transfer and the color matching is minimized by the joint. By giving him regular Skeletor hands, I don't have to worry about paint coming off when I change weapons and he doesn't have the non-Skeletor right hand.

I'll post a pic when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I didn't just do a body swap for these reasons...

1) The color of the trunks is a little different on DB than regular Skeletor. The strips that hang down are darker on DB Skeletor.
    2) I wanted to minimize the amount of "blastic" on the figure.
    3) DB Skeletor's right hand isn't even a Skeletor hand.

When I made my "vintage toy" style Skeletor, I used the DB boots and arms from the biceps to the wrist. The body and hands are from a regular Skeletor. Yes, the blues are not identical but they are a passable match. Swapping at the bicep meant I was less likely to scrape off blue paint from the blastic during the transfer and the color matching is minimized by the joint. By giving him regular Skeletor hands, I don't have to worry about paint coming off when I change weapons and he doesn't have the non-Skeletor right hand.

I'll post a pic when I can.
    I'd love to see that pic
    By the ancients!!!

Heroic Warrior
    this should never ever reach page 2, keep em fresh! bumpers

First thing I did when I opened him! New Adventures Thunder Punch He-Man's harness and shield on the NA He-Man. Almost takes care of the whole deal, save for the sword!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/TPNAHM.png

First thing I did when I opened him! New Adventures Thunder Punch He-Man's harness and shield on the NA He-Man. Almost takes care of the whole deal, save for the sword!
    That looks amazing dude, does it actually fit though?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I've had that and the tru head on bow for a while now.

It fits perfect.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Great job Alexx!!!

Heroic Warrior
    NA He-Man's head is looking a lot better with every picture I see of it. Maybe it was just a pre-production thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    That looks amazing dude, does it actually fit though?
    stprime is correct, it fits perfectly! Almost fits better on the classics body than it does on the original.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

stprime is correct, it fits perfectly! Almost fits better on the classics body than it does on the original.
    Spector at work ya see, he went back in time to make those NA figures have massive armour knowing we would need it today in 2013. You should reward Spector with the new neon green He-man armour dude.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/TPNAHM.png

That looks great. So the armor fits perfectly but does the shield snap on perfectly as well? Does the green match the MOTUC version of his sword? I don't have those parts but I may track them down because only 2 display options isn't enough.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

MOTUC Vintage Figure Style Skeletor - Insidious Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I'd love to see that pic
    Here you go...

Like I said, the blues are a little off, but the fact that the harness and belt look more vintage in coloring and match each other more closely is more important to me.

Court Magician

Please can someone do a mash up of a couple of figs and post the resulting pics

Hi guys,

I would like to see what a Ditztroyer head looks like on a Faker body.

Faker must have his orange chest gear on but I would like to see a version that has BOTH Ditztroyers head and cape on with it and ALSO a version with just Ditztroyers head and no cape.

Would really appreciate it and thank in advance to anyone who can come up with the goods.

I believe it wouldn't work... Faker cannot have the Torso Amor while wearing Ditzroyer's Cape. The crossbones and the strap on the back would make the cape look off.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

You got it!

The head just BARELY fits with the cape over the armor. Also, as DO4M explained, the sword holder on the back of Faker's armor make the cape stick WAY out, and it weighs him down. I had to balance him correctly to get him to stand, and he kept falling over.

Court Magician
    Hey Alexx thanks so much.

Would you be able to do a shot of him without Fakers armour then and with the head and cape BUT with the Horde symbol?

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    how about original he-man armor on thunder punch he-man. looks like the combination that is on castle grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    That looks great. So the armor fits perfectly but does the shield snap on perfectly as well? Does the green match the MOTUC version of his sword? I don't have those parts but I may track them down because only 2 display options isn't enough.
    Sorry! Didn't see this question originally: anyway, the armor is a tad clearer than the sword (sword would be more smoky) but they match a lot better than I thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by THE BESTMAN View Post
    Hey Alexx thanks so much.

Would you be able to do a shot of him without Fakers armour then and with the head and cape BUT with the Horde symbol?

There ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    how about original he-man armor on thunder punch he-man. looks like the combination that is on castle grayskull

And there YOU go!

Also, since I had the parts out why-not:

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Here you go...
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps25592ea2.jpg

Like I said, the blues are a little off, but the fact that the harness and belt look more vintage in coloring and match each other more closely is more important to me.
    Doesn't look bad at all!

I'm repainting the forearms on mine to match more closely with the original body. But your solution looks good too. Better than having the color difference at the elbows, where it looks more dramatic.
    By the ancients!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I simply love this thread.

Can`t wait to see more combinations with Sky High, Plundor, Strongarm, Batros, Sea Hawk, Goat Man, Geldor ...

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    A couple of my recent experiments:

No idea what I am going to call her, but she will be a unique character, since BG Evil-lyn is my "canon" version. Just a Evil-lyn with Jewelstar's head and cape.

66710_10200932988798347_489640051_n.jpg

And this is my growing army of Snake men! A bit of paint and some different armors, etc. Dragon Blaster Skeletor never worked for me, but for some reason a Snake Man creature handler with a enslaved Dragon does. Probably over thinking it a bit.

1004635_10200932989198357_707547555_n.jpg
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Had to do it! I've had the TRU He-Man parts and TRU yellow Power Sword set aside specifically for this guy ever since he was revealed and we knew he had normal abs.

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Had to do it! I've had the TRU He-Man parts and TRU yellow Power Sword set aside specifically for this guy ever since he was revealed and we knew he had normal abs.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D...lamp+Champ.jpg
    He looks oretty cool, I guess silver and red weapons/armor will look good at him...