Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Horsemen wish-list of characters shown at Wizard World

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    And Titus and Megator would both require unique tooling if Mattel plans to make them bigger than the rest of the figures. Granted, they could probably use the same basic body sculpt for both of them, but it still seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
    Would they necessarily? Would it not be the same thing as the 4H going from a MOTUC 2-UP to a regular size fig but in reverse?

I mean the parts for Titus anyway are already sculpted (he is basically a bigger King Greyskull/He-Man) and would just need to be 2x the size

Especially if MOTUC begins to have BAF (Build a Figure), it would not be as costly or difficult for Mattel imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i sure they have something big planed for San Diego .because of great sales they are willing to release some ups cure figures that they could not have in the past ,for legal reasons

Well, if they are going to make an exciting reveal at SDCC involving some of these characters I doubt ToyGuru would confirm anything. We'll probably just have to be patient and wait.

Got this image from treasuretitan.com
    Like the rest of the old school MOTU packing, the artwork looks awesome! I dont think they captured that in the figure itself but if the 4 Horse men are involved I bet it would look great.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, if they are going to make an exciting reveal at SDCC involving some of these characters I doubt ToyGuru would confirm anything. We'll probably just have to be patient and wait.
    Well, that's what I mean...if the information is inaccurate, TG shows up to clarify the information.

If he doesn't, either he's letting the rumor pot stew so that EVERYONE will be watching the Mattel panel at SDCC where he'll debunk the rumor or it actually might be true and he'll come clean at SDCC.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    didn't Mattel say that if Titus and Megator are done, that they'd use the Atom Smasher body?

What cool and fabulous news! I do hope the Giants are released as a bonus figure so I don't have to get them because of the subscription. I do like them, I am just afraid that they'll take too much space.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    didn't Mattel say that if Titus and Megator are done, that they'd use the Atom Smasher body?
    That would be a real easy figure to adapt into Titus (not sure about Megator)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    And on the back they could have the quote: "Am I not like a mother to you?"...LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH marry me tallstar! oh wait, i'm married already.
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

How exactly are they going to do lizard man? He's kind of this scrawney looking guy. I really can't see the generic male body that exists now working well on any design for him. The way I'd see it, he'd require about as much new/unique tooling as a character like Ram-Man.
    I guess it depends on whether or not they are planning on using any smaller framed male bodies in the future, then they could re-use parts. Like if they decided to make Bow and thinner guy, or characters like Mantenna and Modulok have smaller arms and frame.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That would be a real easy figure to adapt into Titus (not sure about Megator)
    Hmm, I would have hoped that they just scaled up (or down) the original sculps from the 4 Horse men and make do with that.
    I dont know if I would like the Atom Smasher figure as a basis for Titus but then we will have to wait and see I guess.

as much as I think having those characters would be cool, I can't see them as a great investment for Matty, and I hope they pepper popular charachters in with the not so well known ones to keep the line going.
    God I hate Stratos.

so maybe this was all in the works and is why we have yet to hear any news on a POP release but i would be ecstatic for this.

I would be most excited for Adora, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, an accurate Catra the possibilites would be limitless

This next month is going to be a painful wait, unless TG bursts the bubble quickly! I would rather that than waiting untill SDCC to find out that this isn't on the cards.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Masters of Sculpture FOUR HORSEMEN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    "Let's take a look at the possibilities..."

Please explain why Shadow Weaver and Lizard Man are shown in the slideshow

Because we stated just before the image in question was shown during our presentation that these are by no means characters that are currently planned, but were some of the characters that we hope to some day be able to turn into action figures. Our personal wish list so to speak.

Let's not get too excited and blow things out of proportion.

In order for something like this to ever become a reality, continued and expanding fan support and spreading of the MotU Classics gospel would absolutely be required.

With Masters of the Universe and all of it's related properties over the years, the possibilities truly are endless. Keep pushing for and requesting those strange, obscure possibly never-to-be-seen-again characters to be made into figures, and you never know what might happen.

Our fingers are certainly crossed.

-FOUR HORSEMEN-
    Last edited by FOUR HORSEMEN; June 23, 2009 at 04:50pm.
    FOUR HORSEMEN

Visit our website
    and
    our forums

One thing to note on the giants...

Remember there's the possibility of not getting two figures out of a giant sized body, but 5.

- Titus
    - Megator
    - Giant 1 from MYP toon
    - Giant 2 from MYP toon
    - Giant 3 from MYP toon

Seeing as they have all rights to do those three guys from that Buzz Off episode.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Is that SHADOW WEAVER in that pic? ... and Lizard Man??? Does this mean they are going to be doing Filmation based characters?
    That would be awesome.... but I'll believe it when I have the finished figures in my hands. if they made a deal to aquire the rights to those characters they would tell us. untill then, i'll assume they haven't done so yet.

but, If they can give us lizardman & shadow weaver, in toy form, after all these years, I'll be forever grateful.

Tytus & Megator to me are merely a bonus. i never knew them as a kid, nor did i know the NA heroes & villans, so i won't lose sleep if those never get done again. i hope they do though, as there are many who very much want them.

But give me the Filmation characters please.... they're the ones i knew the best from my childhood, and every bit as important to me as the ones that got made into toys back in the day.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :/

Back to being depressed. just joking. We still have quite a bit to be happy about.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This is fantastic news. Here's hoping a major (formal) announcement is made at SDCC (which I cannot wait to attend!!!).

OK, so not as major as first proposed, but still quite nifty...
    Last edited by Uki; June 23, 2009 at 04:48pm. Reason: Saw the 4HM's post...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I'm still hoping for a Tytus or Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    To me, that would be even better than just getting straight-up filmation looking figures. What we could be getting is the 4H filtering the Filmation designs through the look of the original card-backs, which has been their inspiration for every figure thus far.
    Yes, please! I've always loved the original idea of MOTUC incorporating different characters from various lines into one consistent "Classic" style. I'd love to see characters from NA, POP, and Filmation reinterpreted by the 4H to be consistent with the figures we already have in MOTUC. Personally, I would hate to see the line fragment into three or four different figure styles. I really hope the Filmation rights are acquired eventually. I'd love to have a MOTUC Lizard Man, Shadow Weaver, Strongarm, or Icer! So much potential for great figures, I'd love to see what the 4H could do with them.
    Last edited by Tyger; June 23, 2009 at 04:58pm.

Well these past few hours have been the most excited i have been since Mattel announced the SDCC 2004 She-Ra. Back to reality, but it certianly was fun while it lasted! Thanks for cclarifying the situation 4H! Good to see you post again after so many years!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Well.....that put everything to rest!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yup...I knew someone was coming to clarify this.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    it's not always about re-use guys.

giant sized figures require more resources, and therefore would be more expensive for the consumer.

price would be an important part of it as well. No casual fan wants to spend $50 on a giant figure five times. The hardcore fans would, but I doubt you'd get many repeat casual buyers, and therefore that particular risk would factor into the decision to do it.