Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Horsemen wish-list of characters shown at Wizard World

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sceptical. Is this a presentation by the four horsemen or my mattel.

They are really delivering with the surprises in this line! Shadow Weaver is probably my most wanted. The Filmation possibilities are endless, Lizard Man?!
    This is the second time they have shown Adora as her Filmation version. Things just got even more interesting.

Maybe this is why November's figure is so unexpected?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It's great to see fanart being used for promotion!
    They can do that since the legal disclaimer on this site gives Mattel the right to do that.
    It's doubtful it will be used any further than that. But still great to see!

I don't meant to brag, I just think we all did a job good enough and the images we created stuck in people's mind.

For someone like me, grown with Rudy Obrero's and Alcala's illustrations, this is possibly one of the best accomplishment :-)
    Agreed!

MotU got me into Art, drawing and painting. So to see Mattel use my art even in the littlest of ways is very humbling and very satisfying.

Glad to see folks aren't tired of that ONE painting of the lovely green lady.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

thats what we are all hoping for since 25 years !!!!!!! shadow weaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh gosh!! and I would be so happy if they will include tytus and megator ...........
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

What a wild and wacky 2010 we might have if MOTUC's line-up resembled anything even close to what they've shown on that slide. Plus Battle Cat and Orko. Plus whatever else is coming that we haven't even been dropped a hint about. Plus the SDCC 2010 exclusive. I need a few new jobs

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wonder if this means that Mattel has been misleading us a little bit on purpose, and that She-Ra and Adora may actually end up looking a lot like the cartoon versions.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Shadow Weaver 4evah!!!
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

Possibly, or with the line being such a success it encouraged them to go after the rights. We'll see. I'm really excited about the possibility of Shadow Weaver or Scorpia as done by the 4H.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Top right is Megator. Bottom left is Tytus. Those are the giants.

Wow...this is certainly interesting. I'm worried about getting my hopes up, but it would be strange of them to show characters like Lizard Man and Shadow Weaver if there's just straight up no chance of getting them. I wonder what's going on?

I'm super excited about NA, btw.
    Im thinking that the reason they showed Shadow Weaver is because thats the 200x version that Emiliano designed and not the filmation version. They might have found a loop hole 2 make her...just a thought
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Horde08 View Post
    Im thinking that the reason they showed Shadow Weaver is because thats the 200x version that Emiliano designed and not the filmation version. They might have found a loop hole 2 make her...just a thought
    Maybe. But that doesn't explain why the showed the Filmation version of Adora. Or Lizard Man, who is a Filmation character also.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe. But that doesn't explain why the showed the Filmation version of Adora. Or Lizard Man, who is a Filmation character also.
    True...i would just love to see all of those characters get made
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

AAWWEESSOOMMEE!!

Shadow Weaver AND Lizard Man?? I really, REALLY hope this means they acquired the rights to the Filmation Library! Although it seems odd that they'd be changing key character names then (i.e. Horde Supreme) if this really were the case, unless this is simply a recent change in ownership, but at the very least, it seems they have licensed some Filmation characters from ER, or maybe these are the few characters that Mattel has surprisingly already had rights to.
    Hmmmmmmm....

Either way, VERY EXCITING! And I'm just as stoked to see the Preternian Giants as well as the NA characters!
    – No comment.

Regarding Shadow Weaver, didn't Mattel/Toyguru say that, due to legal reasons, they didn't even wanna poke the hornets nest by making one of the male Weavers in MYP a female?

So I would guess they're not doing a MYP-esque version? They probably licensed her or she's the mysterious 'previously unavailable' (but now available) character that Emiliano was talking about at one time. The one POP character that Mattel had the rights to all along.
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 23, 2009 at 01:36pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The reason why they probably showed Filmation Adora might be because the casual observer (Non-MOTU fan) might not be able to tell that She-Ra with her tiara down is supposed to be Adora.

Lizard Man and Shadow Weaver might be BIG hints.

Also something else for everyone to consider...
    If this is false, Toyguru will come to the thread and tell us so, like he always does whenever we get info wrong. He always comes to clarify.

So if no Toyguru, then MOTUC probably DOES has access to Filmation characters and TG and the 4H are waiting for SDCC to tell us.

How many days do we have to wait again???

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They probably licensed her or she's the mysterious 'previously unavailable' (but now available) character that Emiliano was talking about at one time. The one POP character that Mattel had the rights to all along.
    That's what I was referring to as well! *fingers crossed*

Although the best case scenario would be that they acquired the complete rights from ER....
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    How many days do we have to wait again???
    Too many!!!!

Between this, Toyguru's update last week or so, and the hint in Poe's Q&A about Mini-Comics, I'm thinking we're going to be getting a TON of new MOTU info and products!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

My plan is simple. I'm going to start stocking up on can goods & bottled water now, so I won't have to buy as much food when these figs come out. Does anybody know If I could make atleast $50 a month from donating blood?

Time is now creeping along. Will July ever get here?
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Very exciting news, lotsof possibilities there.

Does anyone have a link to a bigger version of those NA pictures?

Very cool. I wish I could see a clearer picture though.
    Who has the Power?

VERY exciting news!!! Shadow Weaver would be a welcomed addition to the Classics line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Although the best case scenario would be that they acquired the complete rights from ER....
    *prays that is the case*

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

i hope mattel got the filmation rights. i would kill for a line totally based on the filmation cartoon. who here wouldn't want a filmation he-man, skeletor etc?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    very exciting, but I refuse to get over-excited over this (well a little)

I'm not the biggest Filmation fan, but would buy any in a heartbeat, because I'm sure the 4HM will work their magic on them. Shadow Weaver and Adora I'm looking forward to the most, but after the Green Goddess - After seeing the painted Teela, I need a GG figure even more.

It's going be to torture waiting until SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *kneels down beside Tallstar and prays with him*

My biggest fear thus far with the MOTUC line has been that Mattel doesn't have the rights to the classic Filmation POP/MOTU storylines, which I soooo want kept intact for the most part when it comes to the future film(s) storylines and the new MOTUC bios; so this would be most excellent if they did get those rights back.
    – No comment.