Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Horsemen wish-list of characters shown at Wizard World

Well, also consider, they may have always had the right and just got all the old paperwork dug out and verified.
    Check out this post from JVS3:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...78#post2128878

BTW: no, Shadow Weaver isn't the previously unavailable characters I was talking about in the other thread

Ok this is freaking amazing if Mattel now have the rights to certian Filmation characters! All hail the mistress of the Shadows. If she is made she will be the fastest selling figure in MOTU's history! With TG's update a few weeks ago about other lines, If a Filmation line is planned I really think it might perform incredably well! Imagine if we got the MOTUC line with access to the Filmation figures (so they can be reimagined for MOTUC) and then a specific line of pure 100% Filmation MOTU & POP accurate sclupts. I would need to get another job!!! I desperately want to see the brand reunified, but I am not getting my hopes up untill I hear it from Mattel themselves.

Also Mattel might have produced a Filmation similar She-Ra action figure in the past! This figure was part of a tooth brush display. The figure looks to be in scale with the original POP dolls, but this figure has sculpted hair, movable arms, a sword, but it's feet were attached to the Crystal Castle display base. Because the arms were movable does it mean it's an action figure? That was the deal with the stactions if I am not mistaken, if the figure moves it's an action feature thus an action figure! But I am probably wrong on this. But I would be happy if Mattel could use this version of She-Ra for MOTUC if they did produce it!.

Last edited by Angel-T; June 23, 2009 at 02:57pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

SHADOW WEAVER / Force Captain ADORA 2-pack, BABY!!!

For November!!

OH GOSH!!! They better not be just messing with us!!

PLEASE PLEASE.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The reason why they probably showed Filmation Adora might be because the casual observer (Non-MOTU fan) might not be able to tell that She-Ra with her tiara down is supposed to be Adora.

Lizard Man and Shadow Weaver might be BIG hints.

Also something else for everyone to consider...
    If this is false, Toyguru will come to the thread and tell us so, like he always does whenever we get info wrong. He always comes to clarify.

So if no Toyguru, then MOTUC probably DOES has access to Filmation characters and TG and the 4H are waiting for SDCC to tell us.

How many days do we have to wait again???
    Sure, put pressure on Toyguru He probably doesn't know how to respond now.

Unless the asking price is way high, it doesn't make sense for Mattel NOT to acquire the rights. For every Shadow Weaver and Lizard Man they'd have to work on, there'd be very easy He-Man and Skeletor repaints. Many would probably just require a slight paint re-deco and maybe a new head. Heck, a label on the package saying "Filmation classics" would probably be enough for some of us in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    BTW: no, Shadow Weaver isn't the previously unavailable characters I was talking about in the other thread
    COOOOOOOL! Aside from preferring they get all the rights back, I do hope then that the mystery figure is Scorpia!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

For November!!
    And on the back they could have the quote: "Am I not like a mother to you?"...LOL

Seriously, a 2-pack would be incredible.

On a side note, I wonder if Mill Creek Entertainment picked up/will pick up the rights to classic He-Man and She-Ra to release them as complete series bargain sets?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Am I the only one who wants a Filmation Style HE-MAN more than ANYTHING ELSE?! If so, that's fine! But of course I would assume the first Filmation character they'd release would be Shadow Weaver since she's clearly the most requested character from MOTU, probably ever.

If they hadn't shown Lizard Man I wouldn't be so sure they bought back the rights, but I mean come on! However I'm still thinking that maybe it hasn't happened, just cuz I wanna wait until we get official word.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Very gooodd!!! Shadow weaver and Adora it's a dream!! I hope who will realease all characters of picture, but my prefer are in order:

1- Shadow weaver
    2-Adora
    3-Lizard man
    4-Megator
    5 Tytus

Heroic Warrior
    No to Filmation, this is Masters of the Universe CLASSICS, Classics means TOY ONLY!

kidding, of course. I'm just as excited as everybody else.

Did Mattel have some sort of presentation at Wizard World? Is there a video or log of its content somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Also Mattel might have produced a Filmation similar She-Ra action figure in the past! This figure was part of a tooth brush display. The figure looks to be in scale with the original POP dolls, but this figure has sculpted hair, movable arms, a sword, but it's feet were attached to the Crystal Castle display base. Because the arms were movable does it mean it's an action figure? That was the deal with the stactions if I am not mistaken, if the figure moves it's an action feature thus an action figure! But I am probably wrong on this. But I would be happy if Mattel could use this version of She-Ra for MOTUC.
    Well, if we want to be precise, that isn't by Mattel.
    That's a licensed product from another company
    Still, it proves Mattel was licensing out that look for She-Ra (as we've seen the Style Guide). So they had the right to do that at that time.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Did Mattel have some sort of presentation at Wizard World? Is there a video or log of its content somewhere?
    The 4H were present and they were the ones doing the little show/panel, they had MOTUC prototypes with them (see the thread about Teela 2.0).
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!!

This could be great news. All the possibilites. I'd really like a Green Goddess & Shadow Weaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Very Interesting.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

For November!!

OH GOSH!!! They better not be just messing with us!!

PLEASE PLEASE.
    Heck i don't care how they package her, or if they do a two pack or what, just don't dangle Shadow Weaver in our faces like that if you can't make her. The others are cool too but come on Shadow Weaver? You *have* to have her for the Horde.

Meh, I could do without most of those pictured...

This is obviously big news if it's what we think it means or could mean.

Filmation designs would obviously be a way to extend the line. Suddenly they'd have the option of doing Filmation He-Man, Filmation Hordak, etc., which would be good bonus figures or multi-pack options or even regular releases in some cases. And of course the original Filmation characters like Lizard Man and Strong Arm are major.

If they haven't secured it yet, I hope it happens eventually, making an amazing line like MOTUC even better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Patiently waiting for TG to show up...

It's amazing how fast news of this thread has spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This is obviously big news if it's what we think it means or could mean.

Filmation designs would obviously be a way to extend the line. Suddenly they'd have the option of doing Filmation He-Man, Filmation Hordak, etc., which would be good bonus figures or multi-pack options or even regular releases in some cases. And of course the original Filmation characters like Lizard Man and Strong Arm are major.

If they haven't secured it yet, I hope it happens eventually, making an amazing line like MOTUC even better.
    Bwahahahahaha! This means even more characters held back! In addition to those pesky POP, NA and 200X eras, now there are Filmation characters too!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Knight View Post
    Meh, I could do without most of those pictured...
    so could I.

but others can't. And I want this line to give something to everybody.

Meh.. I want Ram Man and Trap Jaw now! The Green Godess would be cool but i want the “First 12 Figures" first until the Filmation stuff.

This line just keeps getting better and better!!

If Mattel can do Filmation likenesses, that would be incredible news. I have a feeling we'll be getting a faithful rendition of Adora next year.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    We know that Mattel said there would be 6 figures unveiled as SDCC...

Teela is ready to be produced, apparently.

I don't know if you noticed on the picture, but the characters we can clearly see are :

Tytus
    Megator
    Shadoweaver
    Lizard Man
    Green Goddess
    Adora...

6 FIGURES ! Could this possibly mean... ?

But in the picture to He-man-org who is the first female snake-characters?

I'm not so sure how I feel about this potential news. On one hand, it would be so cool to finally have a Shadow Weaver, Adora, or Scorpia. On the other, this line has felt so nostalgic to me, and I love what the 4H are doing with the sculpts, and I'm kind of excited to see how they'll design POP characters as we knew them as figures. Sure, I much prefer Filmation's design of Catra, but I think I'd be more willing to see how the 4H would take the original toy's design and fit it into the MOTUC universe—especially now that we have Hordak. I really love the figure, but even as a kid I always loved Filmation's Hordak more. Mixing the styles at this point is just going to make things feel inconsistent. But, the 4H haven't let me down yet, so I suppose I should just shut up and let them do their jobs!

This would be superb news if Mattel could make Filmation characters in MOTUC.

I would love to get a MOTUC Batros. His design is perfect for MOTUC. I'm surpised no one has mentioned him yet.